1st Harvest!@!@!!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by soapman, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Finished my first grow about a week ago, Let my buds dry and trimmed and now they sit in jars curing. I pulled 139.5 grams off of two plants, LA woman and Lemon Skunk. But pics are better than words so....

Attached Files:

2. :eek: that is A LOT of bud, congrats on the nice yield

3. DAMN, that's dry weight? If so, what do you think was the biggest contributer to your massive yield.

I hope i get anywhere close to half that. wet or dry.:p

4. Like 5 zips? Nice bud btw

5. Thanks for the good vibe guys.

I dunno to be honest. I didn't expect that much, I hoped, but didn't expect. It's really funny I was thinkin about it afterwards and this harvest alone paid for all the equipment I bought to grow plus all the water I bought. So that's pretty cool cause now I can stop buying weed, should save like 200a month or so.

6. I dunno to be honest. I didn't expect that much, I hoped, but didn't expect. It's really funny I was thinkin about it afterwards and this harvest alone paid for all the equipment I bought to grow plus all the water I bought. So that's pretty cool cause now I can stop buying weed, should save like 200a month or so.[/QUOTE]

Its great right now all you have is power bill a month and water I bought some bud the other day just cause my buddy had some good shit.

7. Great yield. Congrats. Is nice to not have to worry about trying to buy some.

Goober

8. Its great right now all you have is power bill a month and water I bought some bud the other day just cause my buddy had some good shit.[/QUOTE]

yeah it is cool. I measusred my tap waters ph and tds and it comes out like 8.1/34ppm which is the same as the bottled water i buy so i think for my next grow i'm gonna try using my tap water.

9. Did you use any nutes or anything to get results like that?

10. I used the lucas formula with flora series. 0-8-16 from veg to harvest. My next grow I'm gonna try using floranova with floralicious.

11. Very nice.

One question for experienced growers:

See how this dude's final product turned kind of a dark army green? When it was first harvested it was a bright green. I had this same issue, I'm not sure it makes any difference except that aesthetically some people prefer the bright green bud. Is there any way to keep weed from turning dark during the dry/cure or is this just a strain-by-strain issue?

12. OP what lights did you use? what was your setup?

13. #13 soapman, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010

I did notice that myself. When I pulled the plants off the tree it was a real (i mean like REAL super) light green colored, I thought maybe I harvested too early or something (which I still think is a possibility) EDIT: Now that I'm looking at though, I'd rather do the darker green color, that light green looks weird to me. I imagine this has to do with the drying process as plant matter is dying and flowers are drying up therefore it will turn a darker color, I think, that's just what I can come up with

I don't really mind the color, nobody around here ever cares about that anyway, unless it's like brown, it's mainly the smell and how hairy/crystally it is. But you are right sir it didn't affect the smoke, shit is dank. La woman is a super strong smoke with a smell to carry it, it fucks you up though, probably not like more elite strains but man it is a knock-out couch lock stone, if you got shit to do, don't bother.

The lemon skunk is my fav its got a good balance, it's a good work mate day time smoke if you can keep it under control, mine seems to be a bit of a creeper so I don't know if I'm high until like 5min AFTER smoking, than it slowly piles up and BAM, really stoned.

I used a valuline 400w mh/hps. I didn't really do anything special. .Although I will be upgrading that light to 1000watts after my next grow. If I can do that with 400watts I can't even imagine what I could do with a 1000w, and the valuline ballasts are so cheap that it's a better upgrade than moving to co2 for now. Currently making a few upgrades to the grow area, and awaiting a new seed order from attitude (they never come fast enough:() stay tuned for those in the next journal.

Thanks again for all the good vibes guys, mucho appreciated.

14. Think of plant matter as a rubber balloon. The more its stretched the easier you can see through it. Water content kind of does the same thing.....Stretches the chlorophyll out making it appear a brighter color.