1st grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrassyYoungOne, May 12, 2011.

1. In the glay pot I have 3 purple Kush seeds. And in the 7 oz cup I have a mystery seed. The 3 PK seeds went into germination 5/5. I had the seeds in water for about 2 days. And put the 3 PK seeds in soil 5/8. I still haven't seen any different or growth sence they been on soil. The mystery seed went into 5/10 and was put on to germinate 5/8 this seed I actually seen the shell of the seed break in water. Right now I have a 64 watt light bulb on it. Soon I'll be bringing a 400 watt hd light.

How long should I wait till call it a quits if the seeds don't grow?

Attached Files:

2. What kind of bulb is that? A Incadesent wont do anything for you. Go get a CFL 23 26 watt 100w equivalent at the store. There cheap 3 pack for 10 bucks and plug those in. Walmart sells them.

It takes a few days to go from germination to sprouting above the soil.

3. #3 GrassyYoungOne, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks. I was thinking of using that till I get the 400 watt hd in. Or should I go to night and pick the new bulbs.

4. I agree with rhapsody, you have 2-3 days give or take before they sprout, I suggest you get a light they can actually use, even if it is just one cfl, it can hold you off for a few days if it's close enough to the seedlings. make sure the wattage is actual and not equivalent. good luck!

5. #5 GrassyYoungOne, May 12, 2011
    Thanks for the help ano. Yes the light is cfl and the crazy thing I don't know where it came from. I guess I'll give it a few more days and see what happens.

6. #6 frank drebin, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    Dont leave them under that to wait and see mate, honestly get to your local supermarket and get any cfl for now. Anythings better than that. Dont you have anymore lamps n shit around the house you can take one from :confused:

If they do make it, carefull not to burn them with that 400w. But again, at least get a couple of cfls or something sorted and let them grow out a little under them, then put them under the 400w. Unless you got damn good ventilation.

:wave:

Edit...

what the deuce ! ...

Do you have the 3 seeds in the same pot ? :eek:

7. #7 GrassyYoungOne, May 12, 2011
    Yes I have 3 seeds in there.

8. I'm no grow expert but im pretty sure the limit is one per pot.

9. #9 GrassyYoungOne, May 12, 2011
    I think I can leave them there until
    It's time to transplant.

10. Those seedlings will kill each other if you leave them together in a pot that small. I don't think you realize how quickly their root structures will start intertwining.

11. #11 GrassyYoungOne, May 12, 2011
    Ok. I'm gonna be spreading them tonight.

12. how long do new clones rooted from my co op take in veg stage to START to budding stage?

13. #13 frank drebin, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    Spreading them as in... moving them into individual pots of there own ?

Infact it may be too late. Youl have to try fish two out and try leave one in there un-disturbed.

You cannot grow two plants in one pot. Or 3 in your case.

Are you 100% sure starting a 400w grow is a good move ?

I think both of you have some serious reading to do.
    I know this is the absolute beginners section yes, but come on guys. Know the absolute basics first.

14. #14 GrassyYoungOne, May 12, 2011
    Im no ecpert and i only know some things i been reafing here and there those 3 seeds been in a jar at my bífora house for over a year i seriously thought and still think that they Will not germinate. I was hoping at least one hit. But I haven't seen no signs yet. And it wasn't really a mistake by putting there I just don't think they'll grow. I should be placing a order soon.

These seeds were giving to me by a friend
    That he had laying around for a long time.

15. Now turn that lightbulb off. Your wasting electricity. ;)

16. I remember when i first tried growing I had an idea only one bag seed would germinate i got 12 in one pot.. :) You never know so you use separate pots and and save yourself a lot of work.

a lesson learned is always a good thing.

17. Here is some tips.

1.Wet a paper towel and fold it over as many seeds as you wish, then place that paper towel on a plate covered by a bowl. Give it about 3 days and then check and see if the sprouted.

2. Take those sprouted seeds in some moist soil about an inch under ground.
    3. get a hps light for when they sprout, or at least clf lights.
    4. READ, READ, AND DO MORE READING ON HOW TO GROW.

18. #18 GrassyYoungOne, May 13, 2011
    If the seed was sitting around for a long time would it Work?

19. #19 GrassyYoungOne, May 13, 2011
    I won't be trying that again.

20. #20 GrassyYoungOne, May 13, 2011
    Thanks for tip. I'll try that process. I took the seeds and put them into a shot cup and put a coffee cup over it for darkness. Guess that doesn't work. But I'll stick with them for a few more days.