1st grow :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bravado, Jan 17, 2008.

1. :wave:Hey hey, just a quick question....

I've got some Mandala #1 seeds at about 2 weeks old. Started them off on fluorescents for the first week 24/7 and then switched them to a 400 w hps 18/6. Two of them are really healthy, about 6 inches tall and maybe around 20-22 leaves each. However, one of them is starting to show its sex while the other isn't...is it normal for them to be showing their sex so early?? Thanks!:wave:

oh, and I know this is a ways off but after harvesting can you store buds in the fridge? I figure the cooler air and lower humidity will deter mold...and once it's drier move it out so the chlorophyll etc can...break down? Does that make sense?

2. No it shouldn't be showing sex that young. Are you sure it's white hairs and not just new growth? If you could post a picture people on here could tell you for sure.

No need for storing in the fridge... properly cured bud will store in an air tight jar for years.

3. Thanks for the response! Yea, I'm stupid, they were leaves ^^;

I'm a little worried about mold b/c there seems to be a lot of it around, so would leaving it out (not curing) in the fridge help?

4. Im not sure, but you should air dry your buds

but dam, your lucky, how did you get mandala #1 seeds? They are sold out everywhere

5. Yea, I was able to order sometime last year. I thought it was strange though how Mandala #1 was sold out when they have 2 other strains in the top 10? Meh. Either way, very happy w/Mandala's service and with the seeds (had a very good germ rate). As to the genders we'll see, but they've done their part in getting me healthy seeds. Weird part is I tried germing some seeds from Nirvana w/little luck. Go figure.