1st grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Demonikforce420, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Definitely, I just got a regular loupe on Amazon now. Does a 30, 60 and 90 zoom. I'll find something to more my liking in the future, but this will do just fine for now. It'll be here in a few days now. I can get a close up view then!

Fuck marrying a black widow. When you can smoke the White Widow!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Its going to do you great!! Your not going to need anything else.. i guarantee youll get a pic so clear your going to curse.. lol ..

Its taking a clear cell phone shot thats a hassle.. but for your eye (which is what really matters) itll be amillion times perfect, youll see

Its always nice to share with GC but its hard to get those clear cell shots.. but when u look in person.. OMG!! Its dummy clear bro!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks mate, I fed the girls tonight, I changed my mind on the flush. Shit is just way to hectic around right now. Nine gallons of water between the three girls would just take way to long at this time. The way I see it now. I have two choices:

1. Feed as normal until middle of week seven, and then feed regular pH water. To slowly flush out excess nutrients and salts. 2. Feed as normal, and then at end week week seven. Flush the girls with nine gallons of pH water. Then, feed then just pH feeds one or two times. Until harvest day. What do you think mate?

Everyone has there preference, and I understand that. This being my first time, I love the chance to experiment with it. Gives me some the ability to makes changes on the next grow! I'm pretty curious about things, and know, I'd want to experiment in the future. My gut tells me. That there must be something to a slow type of flush. Your not HST the salt and nutrients out of their soil; you're giving them some LST treamtment instead LMAO. Damn, I'm getting baked. Needed. It tonight. Everything is hurting, and those hurts are hurting haha. Plus, my anxiety has just been through the roof. Haven't been able to smoke in the day, so this one time at night. Really hits the spot.sorry for the long post. Just getting curious, I know it'll be here before to Long. It sneaks up on you.

4. Alright, the space has been a bit humid today, so one issue today with them. Other than that, I fucked up, and forgot to buy wooden rods today. I used coat hangars instead for now. I need wooden rods. Since a couple buds are starting to slant now. As well as a couple other branches, so they're getting bigger. I added plant booster to their feed today, but I raised their pH to 6.45 from 6.1 About five more leaves had to go today, but that was fine. Took them off, and I also raised the lights 2" to give them a bit cooler temps, for the later part of the flowering season. Today technically marks week 6 of their flowering now! IMG_20181105_000124.jpg IMG_20181105_000232.jpg IMG_20181105_000247.jpg IMG_20181105_000304.jpg IMG_20181105_000318.jpg IMG_20181105_000348.jpg IMG_20181105_000418.jpg IMG_20181105_000429.jpg IMG_20181105_000446.jpg IMG_20181105_000526.jpg IMG_20181105_000541.jpg IMG_20181105_001351.jpg IMG_20181105_000705.jpg IMG_20181105_000558.jpg IMG_20181105_000526.jpg IMG_20181105_000619.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Another night gone. The growth is coming along nicely. I have got to get those wooden stakes tomorrow!!! I have way too many buds tilting, and I had a few branches that were sagging down, didn't even realise it. With all the other maintenance going on and still getting the damn move sorted. Missed the two, or they must of started sagging today. Either way, everyday, I'm getting multiple buds that need support now!!! I strung up two more today, but they're temp fixes. Until, I can get to a hardware store tomorrow. Trying to figure out the cheapest place to go. Does anyone have any suggestions for cheapest/best fix for this? Paying for two places right now. The timing is absolutely shit right now! They look good though. Took maybe five more leaves today that had to go, or would be feeding the dead. Raised their lights again today. They're at 14" above the canopy now. Take a look at them, and let me know. IMG_20181105_232716.jpg IMG_20181105_232617.jpg IMG_20181105_232553.jpg IMG_20181105_232527.jpg IMG_20181105_232304.jpg IMG_20181105_231549.jpg IMG_20181105_223225.jpg IMG_20181105_223031.jpg IMG_20181105_223013.jpg IMG_20181105_222326.jpg IMG_20181105_222302.jpg IMG_20181105_222351.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Seriously floored that this is your first grow. Your plants look magnificent.

Hopefully someone more experienced can chip in on your question.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks mate, I really appreciate it. I love it, but I also love the science side of it, I love the idea. That I'm going to be able to experiment with growing in the future. Mostly, when we move to a legal state. I don't have to worry about growing medicinal cannabis. Since, we're going to make sure it's a recreational state. After doing their defoliation, I was hooked 100%. If you've read what all, I've put these three poor girls through. For them to still be surviving. It makes me real excited to get to a legal state, and see how far I can push my growing, and maybe even figure out my own tricks? Cloning, I'll try, but I'm not sure I'll take to it strong. Something, I can see myself really getting though. Is learning how really good new strains, so I can really tailor a cannabis strain. To my own personal medicinal needs. Whenever I actually out a little bit of effort into school, I'd always get full marks in school. The problem was maintain that focus, so I could care for, four years straight lol. Oh well, life is Life. How long have you been growing for then mate?

8. Less than a month! Been a big fan of the process though, and actually more interested for the gardening aspect. I do flowers (just put down bulbs) and herbs at the same time. Honestly, after my first harvest, I plan on doing one more marijuana grow and switching over to blackberries, strawberries and peppers for the summer months.

And I'm almost the opposite haha - I'm intentionally not planning to smoke much of this because I want to maintain my grades and do well in grad school. Probably going to give most away to friends. I love bud, but only on the weekends because otherwise my focus is SHOT. But the science to it is incredibly cool, just like you said. You're going to be thrilled with this harvest. You've done everything the right way.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lol, that's funny, yeah, everyone's chemistry is different isn't it. Mind if I ask, what you're studying in grad school?

10. Clinical Psychology ~

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nice, I've had some good ones, and I've had some really awful ones, so it's real cool. That you're willing to out your recreational smoke to the side, for your studies. I need mine for health. I have and can be been a self-harmer, so we need good therapists! I haven't been to one in a while now, I've had one to many now. Treat me like shit. Just cause it's VA related, and not a privately paid appt, and that sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The VA in general is pretty messed up. And using bud for health is totally legitimate, if I didn't get so fuzzy from it I'd absolutely use it for back pain...herniated discs are a real bastard. Good luck with the rest of your grow! (And the imminently amazing harvest)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yeah, tell that to those that act like it's poison. I just saw a Dr on TV in front of the state assembly I think it was. Talking about long term effects of cannabis needs researched. Before the state considers legalising it for medicinal use. I'm not completely anti-pharma, but when the FDA. Keeps approving medications that have horrendous side effects. That come with 5 pages of warnings. I'm supposed to take that politically motivated Dr's opinion on the subject of medicinal cannabis consumption? Come on lol! It's been on the planet, and cultivated for hundreds of years, and because of those government funded research during the Ronald Reagan administration, and bashing half cooked eggs against the wall. That's the big proof, on the subject matter. Nah, the DEA needs a new public enemy #1 to go after, for their funding. Which is why opioids are being targeted. As the big crisis across the states right now. They need to transition the new generations thinking slowly, but the Red states. Are slow to catch up, per usual. God gave us all we have in six days, and then rested, but cannabis was a mistake, we need protected from, by big brother lmao. Just like alcohol was prohibited for some time, and then they couldn't contain the sales of it. They legalised it, and taxed it out the ass. The difference is that cannabis is medicinal in nature, and alcohol actually harms the body. I used to be an alcoholic as well. For the past 70 years or so. Tobacco is proven to kill us, but let's keep that legal, and figure out the long term effects of medicinal cannabis. Since it must be the devils weed lol.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thanks mate, I get really fired up. Talking about my right to take cannabis for my health needs. If I said, I wanted to shoot up heroine for my health. That is obviously ignorance. Since the two are night and day, apple and oranges, oil and water lol. Whatever you want to call it, hut yet. Let's categorise cannabis the same as that shit! Canada legalised it, and Mexico's ruling party has said they are going to put policy forward to legalise it. Since their supreme Court has ruled it unconstitutional to have it illegal. Uh oh, out the states smack in the middle between two legal countries. It'll happen here sooner than later, I think, but I just hope I don't get arrested before we move. Because, I want to grow my own medicine!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Well, I had to do quite a bit of supporting tonight in the branches and flowers. Fuck, I did not realise how slowly they we're dipping at all! I have one to do tomorrow, I didn't see that one. Until, I was packed up, and done for the night. That branch just needs support. The bud isn't tilting at all. It's a bottom branch I think, and it's a fairly thin one, so needs a bit of support. She will get some tomorrow night! Other than that. I didn't take any leaves tonight, but had to support at least 6 or 7 branches for bud weight! IMG_20181106_215534.jpg IMG_20181106_215416.jpg IMG_20181106_210122.jpg IMG_20181106_202047.jpg IMG_20181106_201142.jpg IMG_20181106_200850.jpg IMG_20181106_200633.jpg IMG_20181106_200345.jpg IMG_20181106_201426.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dance my puppets lol IMG_20181107_224603.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. What are you using for support there? Some kind of string or yarn?

I didn't even think about needing that lmao but it makes sense if you flower nice and long and the bud sites get real heavy

• Like Like x 1
  19. I used what I've had in me. Velcro plant tape and twine. I cut the Velcro plant tape to the size I need, and then put that around the branch where I want it. Put the twine through and tie it off. Then, just string it to the ceiling, and tie it to a zip tie. If it's not quite snug enough. It tighten the zip tie a bit at a time. That way, I'm not messing with retying the twine. Every time I need to tighten it. Only issue, is if the zip tie runs out of length. Then, I have to string it again, but that shouldn't an issue doing this. Was an issue for a few doing their LST.