1st grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Demonikforce420, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Hey man your girls are looking splendid. Amazing how they bush back up even after the big defoil you did!

In regards to flush I start 2 weeks before the chop and I put the girls on a metal rack over a big bucket and pour plain tap water (or ro if you have it) through the plant until the ppms read 100 (which is the ppm of my tap water anyway) or lower. Then i water as usual but only with plain water, like every 3 days or so, and i dont water at all like 3/4 days before the chop to let them dry out as much as possible.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh and catch some of the runoff in a seperate container to take a reading if that was obvious

3. I wasnt sure being that i dont flush.. i dont care much for it.. & im sure its not 100% needed for top-shelf sh!t..

Was thinkin of trying it after a few grows to see if if theirs a difference but, till then..

My last plant i used MIRACLE-GRO” ONLY..
    Their all purpose plant food 24-8-6 and an “Orchid” bloom boosterfor flowering 11-35-15.. these are basic things a plant needs just to survive its not like i pumped chemical after chemical for months on in like other growers do.. so their really wasnt anything to flush..

I used that Orchib bloom enhancer bcause of its high P-K values altho i wish Nitrogen.. but when i used this stuff i never had burn issues that are out the ordinary after feeding (ex. Lil yellow/brown on tips)-(nute burn from too much “N” in your base nute).. but nothing to really worry about..

How many different chemicals are u using this grow??

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks, after reading about how defoliation is a controversial pruning practice. I was really surprised how well they looked. The day after I did that. They looked better than ever lol. How do you flush. Amount of water to pot size etc. I thought about just watering with regular pH water 1.5 weeks before harvest.

Fuck marrying a black widow. When you can smoke the White Widow!

5. I dont really go by volume i go by ppm reading. So you want the water running out the bottom to be as free of nutrients as possible. It could take 10 gallons, it could take 7.... just keep dumping water through the soil til it runs as near to plain water Ppm as possible. Do you have a ppm reader?

6. I have read alot with alot of people saying you dont need to flush. But the majority of the growers i think are really good always flush, so that is a good enough reason to do it. There is no harm in it. I dont have anything to compare it to as ive flushed every plant ive ever grown but i can see the logic behind it, especially if using only chemical nutes. I use biobizz which are organic, and then only really calmag, epsom salts and a pk boost that isnt

• Like Like x 1
  7. No, I don't have one of them yet. Are they expensive. With this damn move coming up soon, I'm not sure I'll be able to get one. I might have to do what I thought about doing to start with. Just feed with their pH water starting week 6. Which is supposed to be 2 weeks. Before, their earliest harvest time. Today is the start of week 4 now. I kept getting confused on the weeks. I'm at 22 days flowering, but starting week 4 of flowering, I think I was quite high for a few days in a row haha, and kept mind fucking myself. I also bought some good molasses to start using in week 5 or 6. Can't remember what I read. That I really like, and wanted to do on this grow. I'll remember.

8. Ppm reader is like 10 bucks from amazon. And you should get a jewelers loup with at least X50 magnification to check the trichomes (also not expensive) then when all the trics are cloudy with a handful of amber it is time to start flushing - that is just how i do it anyway.

Also i start using molasses from quite early on, around week 4 of veg, in small amounts, like a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon as I believe it helps the microbe field. Then gradually up the dose into flower to help trichome development

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've never messed with molasses in my life, but it seems pretty sticky to me. I use Epsom salts and water soluble nutrients in my watering feed. Now, the best thing I've ever bought for growing. Is my 2 gallon water sprayer. Works perfect to the last drop for the 3 girls, and one batch of feed to make up now! Will the mollases go thin enough. To go through the lawn sprayer. Without clogging it? Might be a stupid question, but I'm about to make up my feed batch, for tonight's feed, and thought, I'd start adding molasses tonight now. Each girl gets 1/2g of feed from the sprayer first, and then, I go back to the first one that was watered. She gets a 1/3 of the 1/2gallon of feed that's left, and so on. Don't have to fuck with mess anymore with the sprayer. Specially don't have to fuck with moving plants around to water the girls in the back.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Havent gotten the light meter yet, cause i dont see how it will benefit me.. if someone can take the time to explain in to this doe-doe ill really appreciate it

11. This is how I use it. From what I go by. I use HPS lights. I believe you use LED, so honestly, I'm not sure how a lux meter would work for you, and many people consider them useless. For a new grower, mine seems to say otherwise, but to each his own. Either way. With HPS, I don't let any bud get over 70k lux readings. If any buds read 70k lux reading on the lux meter, I lower cola, raise light, move pot, etc. If you're using a cheaper light reflector wing like me. I'm getting bright spots on different parts of the tent, and it just helps me know. Where the brights light is hitting on the buds. Lux is a measurement of how we see light or how bright the sun is. Something like that, so if you use LED, I'm not for sure, but don't think you'd get accurate readings. Not sure though. Like I said before, I've read posts on this topic before, and just like HPS/MH vs LED. Using a lux meter with your grow, brings all the fucking twats out of their hole, and they just get nasty about it. Basically, if they're a *master* grower, and think it's shit, it must be. If it helps someone in their ventures, to each their own imo.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Here's one for you all. When I move on the 31st, my 12/12 will be slightly messed up. More in the darker side though. Like dark for 13 hrs and light for 11 or something like that. Anyhow, my lights don't come on, until closer to later evening, and it is just a bit too late for my liking. Being able to use a garage now, and not dealing with up and down a basement, and a 2yr old. Who can fall, and break something. I'd like my lights to come on earlier. Maybe 2 or 3 hrs than their normal time. Is it able to be change during the move, or is it a bad idea this late, in the grow?

13. You can change it sure but just this once.. they dont like that much but shoukd be fine.. ive changed my light schedule b-4 from evening to dark cuz of the night/day temp difference.. & my plant was fine

• Like Like x 1
  14. I dissolve my molasses and epsom salt in a small jug using hot water before pouring into my big bottle

15. Lol what light meter?

16. Ahh i gotcha

• Like Like x 1
  17. Can you do molasses nutes and Epsom together in a feed?

18. I figured if I am already fcuking with their light schedule a bit with the move, I might change the times while I'm at it?

• Like Like x 1
  19. I did my mix like I always do tonight. I say always lmao. Since I figured my feeding schedule out that is, and the girls have gotten well. So about 6 weeks. I take my lawn sprayer, and rinse it out. It's a 2 gallon sprayer. I have 2x 1 gallon milk jugs, I keep filtered water out to let the chlorine evaporate away for a few days. I take 4tsp Epsom salts, 2tsp Bergman's flowertime nutrients, and this time 2tsp molasses. Like always. I take a small amount of my milk jug water and add to the Epsom, nutes, and molasses this time. Heat it, just a bit to melt it all up, and then pH it for feeding it.

• Like Like x 1