1st Grow Tips/Input

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by KungFooPanda420, May 15, 2008.

1. Hey guys whats good? i thought it would be a cool experience to grow some weed so i read up on it and tried it a couple times in the past but all my seedling died and now i've read more and am attempting to grow again. my grow seems to be working this time. maybe you guys could give me some tips as to what lighting cycle i should be using cause i'm kinda confused as to how much light and how much dark to be giving my plants. i germinated the seeds in a plastic baggy with warm temps for about 2 days until they sprouted a little. while they were germinating i prepared my soil. i'm using regular basic topsoil, but i bought an organic apple chopped it up and mixed it into a medium sized pot. i also added a small teaspoon of coffee grounds and some banana(that i mashed) to my soil for added nutrients, along with some watermelon juice about a small teaspoon full. i planted all 4 seedlings on day 2 at night, added a spray of water and placed the pot in a dark warm area for the night. the next day at approximately 10:30am i placed the pot on a ghetto shelf that is place under my stove light. i took the original bulb out and put in a 18w CFL just one, that emits 1225 lumen's. I keep the light about 3-5 inches away from the top of my plants. i know i should be using more watts but for now i just want to grow one plant to say i've grew! ii left the light on until 11:00pm(12.5 hrs on) then turned off the light until 10:30am the next day. The temps in my apartment stay at approximately 70 degrees all day with the exception of night when the temps drop to about 63-69degrees. i'm not to sure about humidity. i'm currently on day 3 and my plants are approximately 3-3.5 inches tall with the first leaves still growing. here is what they look like.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/75/plantslc8.jpg :)

Any tips as to what my lighting cycle should be and what other things i could do to promote growth or any input as to if you guys think my plants will grow would be much appreciated. thanks.:smoking:

Here's some better pictures of my plants.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1659/photo0543dv9.jpg

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/765/photo05412xo6.jpg

2. as for now you can leave the plant under 24 hours of light if you want to ... you just want it to veg right now you only need to cut down the light to simulate winter approaching... this triggers the hormones that start the reproductive cycle in the plants... this in females leads to budding... you also want to use a high color temperature like 6500k go to lowes or home depot and get full spectrum or they may say daylight... those are the bulbs you need to good veg growth... then when the plant is mature you need to cut the light down to about 12 hours on 12 hours off and switch the bulb to one with about 2700k.... also you will need more than a 13 watt bulb try to at least get a 23 watt cfl and make sure the bulbs you use are giving it enough lumen's... for a small plant you will need about 3000 and if i remember 1, 13 watt cfl is only around 1000 the 23 watts are about 1600 so two of those should do for now

3. o i forgot to mention that by the look of things you need to replant soon... if the roots get twisted and then you replant you will have to cut many roots to free the plant... this puts it under more stress and the plant will have to grow new roots to support it before it will grow anymore

4. one plant per container man

5. Looking good. I used top soil for two seedlings in small pots and today I uprooted them cause they quit growing and were yellow with dark spots . Dont know if its the topsoil but the others that were in potting mix are still good.

Yah bitchh yahh!

6. thanks , they are starting they second leaves. are there pics of female vs male plants?

7. please please pleaaaase tell me you separated all of those today too. Plants that young could barely take the stress of having to cut their roots.

And yes there are pictures around but its still faaaar too early to sex your plants.

Jp

8. i havent separted them yet, its day 8 now. but a couple days ago i ripped out one plant. now i have three plants, separated about 1.5 inches away from each other, they all have their second leaves started.

9. also yesterday i missed the light off cycle, so in other words the light was on for 24 hours, as appose to 18 on and 6 off, which is what they were doing. Will this cause them stress? should i just keep the light cycle to 24 on?

10. It sounds like what you really need to give your plants is some love!
    Give them their own space and try to let nature take its course. Keep your environment as stable as possible, keep to your lighting schedule, don't overfeed or water and treat them gently!

Good luck matey! :wave:

11. P
    come on man get a timer
    and here is a tip for ya - GET TWO!!!
    (becouse my timer just broke yesturday and i have the same problem as u now)
    i dont think itll seriously harm them - i like to stay positive)

and buy everything in packs becouse u dont know whats gonna brake
    or what idiots in the store will forget to deliver u on time
    dont let the obsticles screw your grow

good luck

12. word. does anyone know the easiest way to transplant? do i just pull the plant from the soil? and replant it into a new pot

13. Dig up around that shit a little bit. Do you gotta move It to a different place or what?

Smokin weed all day ridin at night to make this grow turn out all right-:smoking:

14. Today is day 9, i pulled another plant today, because it was being shaded by another plant, and it was turning yellow. so now im down to 2 plants, both with their second leaves coming in. i noticed they look alittle droopy. is that normal?

15. Day 15. the second leave are about half the size of the first leaves. the second leave have other leaves growing off of them in the shape of a pitch fork. the third set of leaves are starting to come in.

16. got any pics? ;)

17. do you have them under 24 hours of light right now?