1st Grow Tips/Input

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KungFooPanda420, May 15, 2008.

1. Hey guys whats good? i thought it would be a cool experience to grow some weed so i read up on it and tried it a couple times in the past but all my seedling died and now i've read more and am attempting to grow again. my grow seems to be working this time. maybe you guys could give me some tips as to what lighting cycle i should be using cause i'm kinda confused as to how much light and how much dark to be giving my plants. i germinated the seeds in a plastic baggy with warm temps for about 2 days until they sprouted a little. while they were germinating i prepared my soil. i'm using regular basic topsoil, but i bought an organic apple chopped it up and mixed it into a medium sized pot. i also added a small teaspoon of coffee grounds and some banana(that i mashed) to my soil for added nutrients, along with some watermelon juice about a small teaspoon full. i planted all 4 seedlings on day 2 at night, added a spray of water and placed the pot in a dark warm area for the night. the next day at approximately 10:30am i placed the pot on a ghetto shelf that is place under my stove light. i took the original bulb out and put in a 18w CFL just one, that emits 1225 lumen's. I keep the light about 3-5 inches away from the top of my plants. i know i should be using more watts but for now i just want to grow one plant to say i've grew! ii left the light on until 11:00pm(12.5 hrs on) then turned off the light until 10:30am the next day. The temps in my apartment stay at approximately 70 degrees all day with the exception of night when the temps drop to about 63-69degrees. i'm not to sure about humidity. i'm currently on day 3 and my plants are approximately 3-3.5 inches tall with the first leaves still growing. here is what they look like.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/75/plantslc8.jpg :)

Any tips as to what my lighting cycle should be and what other things i could do to promote growth or any input as to if you guys think my plants will grow would be much appreciated. thanks.:smoking: