1st grow(stealthy speaker edition)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by PintyHet, Oct 25, 2003.

1. day 5

Attached Files:

• day5.jpg
      day5.jpg
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:
  2. how often do you water?

3. when i stick my finger into the soil and its completly dry..so far one a day/every other day...i'ma start letting them sit dry for a day from now on and cut back more if it looks like its needed.

eh grower thanks a lot for all this advice =) i think i'm starting to get the hang of this

4. every other day or every day is much too often for such small plants. Try every 2-3 days or until the pot dosent feel heavy. you want it to dry so its still damp but not bone dry, the top layer might get bone dry but thats ok. If you water like this you will notice the growth will shoot up after every watering noticibly. Sticking your finger into the soil is a bad idea beause it can damage root development. In about 2 weeks you will need to transplant them into bigger containers. So you should start on the scrog setup.

5. em that little box is all the space i have..and eh it cant hold bigger pots. if i can sex them before they need transplainting i can either put them both into somehting that covers the entire bottom in one big container or toss out the male..i know space is a problem. i've already starting thinking about converting a dresser. but i coudlnt afford to do it properly for now. I would have to use cardboard instead of mylar or whatnot. also i have the scrog screen already cut(had to use plastic but eh it will have to do) ima just place it on the pegs where the lights are now and move them up to the next notch

*edit* eh since i have no more space and cant get bigger pots what would you sugggest? i figured this was to ghetto to work right =(

6. Try to get a square container or make one with plastic, plexyglass, wood or whatever you can think of. A square garbage can cut down like in that link i gave you would work good. Then just plant the 2 plants in one pot and cut one down after they are sexed. Now that i think of it you should a make a screen with string so you can untie the string and un thread it to pull the male and re- train the female to better fill the box.

7. sqaure box o grow saving =D thanks i'll start working on that right away

8. those god damn fucking little shits found my plants..i HATE my brothers freinds..they are annoying nagging destuctive ass holes..i'd rather mom find my shit than those little fuck wads..might just destroy my grow...be alot safer than having those FUCKING MORONS know i'm growing.. jesus

9. em i asked paco*little brother* and he said he didnt think he had said that this morning..eh also thought someone said buba and chris...no one even knows a chris..eh lastly paco talked to him on IM and he said he didnt talk to me this morning...(thought he came in and said i would atleast get an ounce outa those plants)...i'ma go take some asprin or something lol pics when the lights come back on

peace

10. that sucks just give himm asti down and tell him and that if he tells anyone word travels fast. tell him to tell his frisned that the plants died and never to discuss it again with his frineds. IF he smokes promise him some of the harvest as long as he keeps shut.

11. eh thanks i'll keep all that in mind =)

repotted into a plasic eh thingy that i mutilated to fit into meh box hehe not going to have anymore room than they have now...they are growing very well i'm proud of the little ones. should be smooth sailing from now on if i didnt kill them during repot. .pics later tonight =)

12. i'm on day 7 of veg and have a 11x13x29 grow box LxWxH i have them planted in a 11x13x8 plastic thing with a divider in the middle... i figure i'll start flowering once they hit the screen(where the light is now). that will give them 10 in of veg space(10 in from soil to screen)..does this sound about right? i know 12 in would be better but that would put the plants out the top of the box =(

13. i'll just take out the middle divider when i get them sexed =D

14. would like to start 4 but if they all turned fem i wouldnt be able to toss them out lol knowing me i'd just put them outside somewhere or in the floor of my room. i'm kinda odd..i like plants as much as like eh meh cat. but yah next time i might try 4.just have to think of something =)

15. Pinty het you should make another small grow box around the same size but not as tall for veging moms and rooting clones. Minimal it should be around 9x9x15 (wxdxh) and just have a small 19-24 watt CFL in threre. Optimaly a daylight compact floro.

I like that idea with the divider but it isnt needed and might shock the roots when you pull it out. There is no problem with just letting the 2 plants roots grow together and then chop one. The dead plants roots will just die and not absorb the water and nutes fron the other plant. Thats the only problem with 2 in one pot, you may actualy get some better soil becauause the dead roots will be like peat moss and absordand wick water for the other root stytem.

your idea for the scrog sounds good, your better off having some extra room to work with so the 8" of soil and 10" to the screen will leave you with 8" to the lights and 10" to the top of the box. dont flowe once it hits the screen, tie the tips down then wait till the lower growth starts (take some clones) and then flower. Growing from clone you can use the new tech that was used on that 70w scrog thread with 2 plants per foot and get extremly fast veg. and a god yeild especialy if oyu get a 70w in there.

Any new pics?

16. The nute issue shouldnt be a problem since you are going to be adding ferts anyways. Sterile soil isnt needed and it can actuay be bad if your growing organicly because the micro organisnms arent there to make nutes in the soil. A watering with some compost, bat guano or wormcasting tea or miracle grow would solve all the used up nutes and micro nute issue. adding worms is bad because they eat matter dead and alive so they would eat the live roots also.

With the wall you will end up with 2 root walls facing eachother and when you pull the divider it will be one big wall of roots in the middle like what bob said it will hinder root growth. I think you shouldnnt use the divider because it can shock the plant and lower the yeild.

17. I put worms in one of my pots too but i noticed they died after i ferted with chems. Worms is an organic meathod and you have to use organic with organic. Worms dont like eating thorugh salt chem ferts. growing organic for your first grow i would advise over using hydro. ching chems you can mix them too strong and burn plants, not thae you cant do that with organic, its just not as likley because its less concentrated except blood meal.

after you sex theplants put some bone meal on the top and water and you will get some nice sweet smoke.

18. em well both of you are conclusive about getting rid of the wall so i'll do that tonight lol. also i gotta go buy some fert..what kind and eh numbers do i need? 10-30-20 or whatnot ..eh btw here is a pic =) i got ahold of photo shop so i can resize things again XD

Attached Files:

• day8.jpg
      day8.jpg
      File size:
      44.7 KB
      Views:
  19. looking good :D that box fits snugly in there. Buy some miracle grow blue 15-30-15. And dont use any till flower because it wiil just buildup salts.