1st grow, setup advice/help !

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dopewitdat, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Few posts already, little replies lol!

I’m planning to start my first grow but I got a few questions. Before I ask away, I will list tha equipment I’ll be buying/planning to use. Any adjustments I should make are gladly appreciated!!

I’m planning to have a HYDRO setup with DWC, 4 PLANTS/tent, 900 Watt LED/tent, SCROG training.

Grow Area:

-3ft x 3ft x 7ft

Equipment:

- 1000w Chinese LED (450w actual watts) x2 in each grow tent / total: 6

- 3x3x7(ft) grow tents / total: 3

- 2x 6 inch fan (in) 195 CFM

- 2x 4 inch fan (out) 195CFM

- 30ft Air Duct (let me know if necessary)

- 12x 5 Gallon buckets/4 per tent

- Humidity/Temp reader

- TDS/pH reader

- 6x Big Air Stones/ 2 per bucket

- 3x good air pumps/ 1 per bucket

- 30ft Air Hose

- 12 Net Pods / 4 per tent / 1 per bucket

- Rockwool Plugs (big brick)

- Nutrients, pH up/down etc. (Got those listed ; any product suggestions welcomed)

Strains:

Hoping to get mostly feminized seeds. Might run some autos but looking for potency+yield.

- LSD Fem
    -Cookies Kush Fem
    -Ayahuasca Purple Fem
    -Gorilla Zkittlez Fem
    -Shishkaberry Fem
    - Afghan Hashplant Fem
    - Royal Moby Fem
    -Bubble Kush
    - Blue Ice
    - Anesthesia AUTO
    - AK-47 AUTO
    - Candy Cream Fem
    - Blue Dream Fem
    - Sour Diesel Fem
    - & more
    PLANNING TO HAVE 2-4 STRAINS PER TENT

Now to my questions!

1. With tha amount of watts , is 3x3 ok or should I move up to 4x4 ft? What would be tha best grow tent size for 900watts & 4 plants in 5 gallon DWC buckets with SCROG?

2. Is 4 plants in a 3x3 enough, too much or too little?

3. I’m hoping to have a perpetual grow, a harvest at least every 4-5 weeks. I have an idea to go about, but my question is: 3 grow tents to have a harvest every 4-5weeks once setup starts off or can I pull it off with 2 tents?

4. Given my grow space (or best space suggested) should I SCROG or let them grow w/ no training? Is there a better method I should use in my space?

5. Is this setup ok? Hoping for some nice yields( better down tha experience road). Anything I’m missing ?

——————

To sum up this post, I’m hoping to get help for tha best setup to start a perpetual grow, with a harvest every 4-5 weeks. Growing method is HYDRO/DWC/SCROG. All suggestions & help greatly appreciated. I will be starting a journal on tha forums when I begin my grow. Hopefully I get some replies before I take tha leap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. upload_2018-10-24_8-6-6.png
    you're spamming.
    and u did get responses.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IMO you are setting yourself up for failure. DWC is tough to learn, and ALOT of work with daily res checks and topping off, ph adjusting etc. You want to do this in a scrog? How are you going to change buckets?
    You want to run different strains too but that will require different feeds in each bucket. Too many variables even for an experienced grower.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. biting off a little more that you can chew there fella...

try one tent, 2 plants in coco and make it seed to smoke then dream big

good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. yes there is, lots of knowledge about the project u r about to undertake.!!

read all the books u can get, watch u-tube videos, look at grows on here, then re-read all the books,
    get a good game plan then tackle this.!!

your equipment list looks like mine, but mine was acquired over 15 years of growing not a 'to get list' for a new grow.!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Honestly.. if you want to grow that much and have multiple tents and grow dwc and have a harvest a month you should already know the answers to your questions... try growing 1 tent out to harvest and then see if you got what it takes to to perpetual multi tents

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. And stop spamming.. I guarantee it will get less replies because you're annoying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Lol apologize for tha spam but I wanna get this running ASAP!

9. I understand hydro may be more complicated than soil, but I prefer hydro as for me it seems less of a hassle & can be checking often. Each tent will only have 2 strains each, so a total of 6 different feeds when all 3 tents are up and running. As for ppm/pH I’ve read a lot on & watched videos. I’m a quick learner with anything & only attempting as I feel confident. Since you suggest SCROG will be a bit of a pain, should I just grow 4 big plants? I was planning to make individual SCROG frames for each bucket or one big frame that’s adjustable in height

10. 1st tent would be running alone for tha first 4-6 weeks, then a second will join then tha 3rd tent. Do you think 2 plants, 5 gallon DWC buckets in each tent would be better than 4 plants/tent ? I’m planning to use 900 watts so I’d hope to put in tha most for potency/yields. Also I will have a partner helping watch over tha plants as well if that helps lol

11. dude... really

you prefer hydro? how do you know? you've not even planted a seed...

reality is, do 3 tents, all how you want and you're gonna spend all day dealing with your grow everyday and all night reading and asking questions on here cause shits going sideways.

you wanna shit the bed with 3 tents, go ahead but don't say you weren't warned

good luck bud!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Lol sorry for spam hoping to inputs before I take tha jump to grow!

Also I had your idea in mind, but seeing as one tent may not give me a lot over a 3-4 month wait, then having to start over again and 3-4 more extra months will be like 1-2 Pounds in more than half a year lol. I myself smoke QP minimum a month not including to tha people I provide. & I have most answers I need, other than tha 5 I posted here.

1. Is my setup ok for 4 plants/tent?
    2. Should I SCROG or not ?
    3. What kind of timetable would be most efficient for a perpetual grow with a harvest every 4-5 weeks when all 3 tents are running.

Thanks for your time!!

13. #13 Soil2Coco, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Lighting is suspect. Wattage is good, but spectrum, intensity, and quality of light can be improved. Blurple is old and outdated tech

Scrog with dwc buckets is gonna be a nightmare unless you have a control bucket and make it rdwc.

I harvest half my 4x4 table every month.

You are setting yourself up for failure, like everyone has mentioned. Try growing one plant in dwc before you go all out. I hate DWC as it’s way too much work for me compared to DTW coco. I couldnt imagine dealing with 3 tents worth

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I’d say use that spare room of yours to get a roommate and you can just buy weed . You’ll end up buying all this stuff and give up or use half of it in one tent . If anythin you could do 2 tents . One for veg and one for flower . Y make 3 when you can get 2 large ones ?

15. 1. No i would run 2 or less per 3x3 if growing big like you say.
    2. DWC and SCROG , No i mention in another one of your post's i am already out of space in my 3x3 (Wall to Wall) with two buckets and i have THE WORST TIME taking that big ass plant out of the tent. SCROG seems nearly impossible even if mounted to the pot. You would need RDWC

3. I spent about a week or more on Grasscity researching each single category for my first grow. (Lights, Tents, Fans, Methods.) Most people here might remember. I posted about every day for help on my 2 plants. Thinking i was smarter then i was. Its not the smarts with growing its the unknown's that can only be discovered by getting more grows under your belt. Example i figured it would grow as a plant, But instead its a giant crazy bush and if i didn't learn how to train well before i started (Week worth of research). I would have had to cut them back MANY TIMES. point IS DON'T push your first grow. This is not a rushed scene growing is nothing but the old fashioned "Waiting Game" but on a more beautiful level.

Side note: I spent about 2k On all the equipment for my One single 3x3x72 Setup. Just know if you want quality product by spending less then 100$ growing may not be for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Lol I have read, watched & have seen outcomes with soil. I want to have tha fastest times for seed to harvest, biggest yield possible. fem/auto seeds with a harvest every 4-5 weeks. Tha way I see it is, hydro/dwc/SCROG do all that.

I understand it will take more effort to keep up wit 3 tents. Someone suggested to me that big containers would be less hassle than single buckets. What’s your view on that?

Also by tha time all 3 tents are running I will have been growing for 10-12 weeks already. I would figure if by tha time I start tha 2nd tent anything is wrong wit tha first, that I will hold off. Also will have extra hands to help take care too

Also I have asked IF it’s better to SCROG or NOT, if 4 plants is too much & if tent size is ok.

Thanks for your help though

17. 1) no, 4x plants in hydro need at least a 4x4 tent or 5x5
    technically enough light, but HID or QB or COB would be better
    4x4 or 5x5
    these cheap fans r not worth buying, u need serious air extraction, 3x 6" 440 cfm centrifugal fans,
    may have to add another 6" for each intake.???? one 440 cfm is barely enough for a 4x4.

2) training technique is a grower's choice, how did your first runs go.????? LOL

3) one 4x4 for vegging photo fems, the other 2 for flower.

4) good luck man, hope your partner is very patient.!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lol I know tha lights seem trippy to me too. But $100CAD @ 450 true watts (I use 350w to make up for efficiency) is hard to beat! And while blurple (I plan to grow that strain too LOL) may be old, I want to start my grow pretty good with LED. Once I get better def don’t mind putting in more money for better efficiency.

So you suggest RDWC is better than DWC? What if the mesh is adjustable or individual screens for each bucket?

And other than maintaining pH level, ppm & water temps, what are other complications I may be missing?

As I stated before as well my first tent would be up and running alone before I start my 2nd & 3rd tent. So in that time if anything goes wrong I’ll hold off on starting tha 2nd tent & so on.

Thanks for your replies !

19. Lol I supply to them already & get it for super low price, amazing quality from growing source. & I have 2 bedroom basement , 1 room I keep as a spare for my daughter. So buying/$ isn’t a problem for me. Specially when you smoke a QP a month minimum alone lol you deff need to grow!!

Also I believe I asked that in my original post, if 3 tents are necessary or if I can pull of with 2 tents.
    I figure if 2 just have 1 tent veg & 1 tent flower, but can I pull a harvest every 4-5 weeks or one that significant enough to wait until tha next harvest? I use up about a pound or 2 a month including my own smoking & sharing () so I’d hope to harvest every 4-5 weeks or big harvest every 8 weeks

20. alright man, i'll bite...

4 things in your plan you need to consider....

power availability you're gonna need 3 circuits to do all that safely. 2 minimum.... extension cords and water don't mix

how bout noise. that's going to be a noisy room with 3 tents, 6 leds with fans, extraction fans, bubblers, air lines. I am sure you have a plan for all that too... or you''re gonna have to pay extra for good silent fans

smell.... you know how much stink that's gonna be, you're going to need serious filters and stealth venting to the exterior as you're not going to want all that venting back into your home...

drying... you're gonna need a tent or room just for drying, trimming and curing a perpetual grow

cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1