1st grow Rubbermaid (bubblegum)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Eggic, Jan 9, 2012.

1. hey GS this is my first grow ever i am using bubblegum seeds. I am growing i a Rubbermaid container with four 23 watt daylight CFL's (going to add more later). I also have a computer fan for exhaust and light traps made out of PVC on intakes i planted the germinated bubblegum seeds in miracle grow seed starter with no added nutes.

I have a couple questions though.
    1. why has only one of my seeds sprouted? (out of 5)
    2. have they left the seedling stage and moved to veg?

thanks i am open to all opinions and suggestions

Attached Files:

2. How big is the rubbermaid? 4x1500Lm = 6000Lm/4SqFt=1500Lm SqFt, and thats OK, 2000 Lm Sqft would be better, say once above 12inches high.

You may have to review, check out your propagation procedure, 1 in 5 is a return of 20%, thats bad, where did you get the seeds from...?? are they old?

If not then in future put the seeds in a glass of warm water with a small spoon of bleach
    let them 'crack' in the jar for 2-3 days///weeks then plant in warm soil, add NO food for the first 2 weeks
    You may want to consider painting the inside of the rubbermaid flat white to improve reflection

Best to think of this operation as the plants enter the vegging stage as soon as the plant GETS light. 90 days later you go 12x12

Go check out the library in my blog

peace
    "V"

3. I got the seeds from Marijuana Seeds (cannabis Seeds) High Quality Low Prices

whats a propagation procedure? and how tall should they be when i put them on 18/6? or just go 12/12 for veg to keep them smaller?

4. #4 Tonytony5944, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    I hear pretty mixed results about that seed bank.. I've never orders seeds to I can't truthfully comment.

Can be sure about why the rest of your seeds haven't sprouted.. no two seeds are ever exactly the same. From the pic I would say that the others will probably pop up within a few more days, your little one looks like its 2 days old or just about.

in the event your seeds dont sprout.. I wouldn't recommend putting them in bleach (i just dont like the idea of putting nature into a man made chemical concoction that no one even knew how it worked till about 5 years ago) I have heard of matchboxing..line a little matchbox with sand paper,put the seeds in and shake it a few times until the seed casing becomes buffered and scratched up.

as for your questions. at day 9 (after the seedling breaks ground) is when the plant enters veg phase.. this is the point at which the root ball has dug down deep enough for the plant to be comfortable and will start photosynthesis with the little leaves its sprouted.

'propagation' procedure (or 'seed propagation' im assuming) is just a way of increasing the chances of your seed sprouting.

and you dont need to veg for 90 days unless you're wanting to grow a literal bush. Thats three months of veg (not to mention the two months of flower, or more with such a big plant) where as I (and most every other grower on here) finishes in that 3 month time.

well your lights should be on 18/6 right now.(or 24/0 or 20/4, remember the longer your light is on during veg the smaller bushier the plant will be). Putting them in 12/12 at this time would cause considerable stretch.

how tall they should be when you put them in 12/12 (thats the flowering hours, not 18/6) all depends on what you want.. remember during flower the plant will grow 2-3 times its size at the time of flipping the light hours. so an 18 inch plant would be 54 inches at the most.. ofc thats growing straight up (not to mention the outwards growth)

however there's a long list of training methods you can use to utilize the maximum of your space will making sure that you get a good amount of bud. for this grow I'd say LST is the best.

(stack your plants much closer to those lights.. get it within an inch of the bulbs)

5. Thanks tony for the info +rep ill keep y'all updated on the grow ill post some more pics when there taller.

6. the others still haven't sprouted yet, and the weird part is they were germinated when i planted.

Any suggestions?

7. stick with the sacred rule of 'leave it the fuck alone'
    trust me..over caring/worrying is probably one of the larger causes of a dying plant.. people who don't know react harshly or prematurely. You gotta remember you don't grow the plant, it grows itself.

Id say after another 3 or 4 days if they haven't broke ground you should dig em out and find out whats up. Especially if they already had been germinated successfully. How deep did you put the beans?

8. Well which i hope is going to be a "she" has been transplanted in to a bigger pot and is currently being fed nutrients every other watering. its on 18/6 at the moment and is doing great, no sign of shock after transplant either. I will post pics later tonight because i am not uploading a picture from my phone that would be dumb.