1st grow, ran into a few problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sparkz420, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Hi
    First of all I'm growing 8 Amnesia Haze plants in an 12x8x4 tent under 2 600w hps bulbs.

My plants are in their 14th day of flower and are starting to produce buds, I stupidly vegged for an extra week and they are only 1.5 feet or so away from the light already and are stretching rapidly, I'm worried they will get too close to the light and it will damage my buds, any ideas?

Also Keeping the temperature below 85 degrees is very hard as it is the middle of summer and I only have 1 carbon filter and 2 fans keeping the air flowing. Any low cost ways to help this?

Any info on lollypopping and how far to take it? Meaning should I remove healthy fan leaves etc in order to get more light to the buds.

Sorry if I sound clueless lol first grow

Thanks in advance!

2. Everyone starts somewhere. What type of lights are you using? I can get within half inch of my CFLs with no issue. I`ve also been having temperature issues in my grow box (95f today) so I`ve been using bottles of Ice in my grow area during lights on to bring the temp down. With the Ice and a fan I can bring the temps down to around 84-82f.

And on lollypopping. Personally I don't like removing any fan leaves as they're basically sugar factories for my plant. If you can tuck the leaves behind other leaves or branches to let light get to the lower budsites.

3. #3 MickFoster, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Some people advise against it but I suggest super cropping at this point - I have done it many times in flower with no adverse effect. When I ran 600w HPS I kept them about 15" away - according to growweedeasy.com 12" to 16" is best.

I can't think of a low cost way to lower the temperature.

I scrog so lollypopping is a must. Even when I didn't scrog I lollypopped all my plants - the idea is to concentrate the plant's energy to where the light can be most effective, as well as increasing air flow. I removed about 1/3 of the lower growth - that would be leaves and grow tips that won't make it to the canopy. This really should be done before flowering.

Don't worry about it, everybody is clueless on their first grow. Good luck. If you haven't already www.growweedeasy.com.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks man, didnt think about bottles of ice ill try that tommorow and im using HPS bulbs so the heat from them is quite intense.