1st grow Questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Clam Bake, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hey, Im new to the site :).

This is my first marijuana grow its in pre-flowering and i was wondering...

1.) How Long is preflowering stage?
    2.) How Long Will flowering last?
    3.) How much bud should i expect from a "Natural Outdoor Grow" 3Foot (1) Plant??
    4.) How much bigger will my plant get during flowering stage?
    5.) Should i give my marijuana plant fertilizer even know its growing perfect with out it?
    6.) When should i pick my harvest?
    7.) How could i dry my buds with no one smelling it?

I dont know what the strain is, i had a bag of seeds so i planted one.

Thanks for all the help.
    happy growing/Smoking. :bongin:

2. I can't answer all but I can answer some.
    If your location is Michigan I would expect flower to end around mid october to beginning of november. The best way to determine when to pick ur harvest would be to get a handheld microscope and check the trichs. If they are 50% cloudy 50% amber it is time to harvest.
    It wouldn't hurt to feed your plant ferts, but I can't help on how to properly start giving it ferts when it hasn't had any its whole life.
    your plant could triple in size during flower, it all depends on the strain.
    Hopefully this little bit helped. Sorry I couldn't answer all your questions. Good luck with your grow!

3. 1.) How Long is preflowering stage?

not sure about that one,never had a pre flower experience

im guessing depends on the product you buy, some are 1-12 weeks or more
    3.) How much bud should i expect from a "Natural Outdoor Grow" 3Foot (1) Plant??

probably ounces or a bit more,
    idk
    5.) Should i give my marijuana plant fertilizer even know its growing perfect with out it? what you mean? it really needs ferts to make your bud good?
    after months of planting, get a micro scope,you see those white sticky looking on your bud? those are the thc,get the micro scope and check it out, theres a list of diffrent tricomes,google it

i think thats impossible, well you could hide the smell,hide it some were you dont look sometimes,why do you not want the smell? it smells good!

experts and pro correct me if im wrong! thnks!

4. 1.) How Long is preflowering stage?

idk if id consider it a "stage", but should show preflowerers for a week or two before it starts flowering

flowering length depends greatly on strain, varying from about 7-12 weeks. indicas dominant plants usually have a shorter flowering period than sativa.

from a 3 foot plant id say average would be 1-2oz

Plants grow alot during flowering, and expect them to double in size during this stage.

5.) Should i give my marijuana plant fertilizer even know its growing perfect with out it?

Personal preference with this one. if u got some good nutrients, u could increase the size of the plant and yeild. good nutrients are usually a bit expensive and u can risk burning your plant by feeding too much. be sure to follow a feeding schedule if u do get nutes.

like others have said above me, pick up a pocket microscope (got mine on amazon for
    10 bucks) and harvest depending on the color of the trichomes. milky trichs give a "heady" high, and amber trichs give more of a stoned, couch lock effect. (again, personal preference)

i usually dry my buds by hanging them in a cardboard box in my attic. make sure whereever u do it, u have plenty of air moving around. id worry about where your going to dry your buds once your a little bit further along though..

hope this helps! let me know if theres any other questions i can try and answer for you

5. did that help answer ur q's clam bake?

6. thanks for all the Help :)