1st Grow/Querkle/CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by a526003b, May 2, 2010.

1. After reading numerous posts here I decided to give it a go and to my surprise achieved fantastic results!!! I hope that this inspires others in similar tight living arrangements to go for it! It was a blast! Thanks to everyone that has contributed in some way to these forums, the information here has been invaluable.

For those interested there were 4 Querkle plants from seed, one came out hermie and the other 3 were beautiful females. I used 1 large plastic tote with drilled holes for drainage. The bottome 1.5 inches of the tote was filled with Hydroton and then Fox Farm Ocean Forest was placed on top of that. 4 Tubes from the top were inserted through the soil into the hydroton to increase the presence of O2 at the root level. During veg I provided 20/4 light cycles with 5 26 Watt 6500K CFL bulbs, and fed a mixture of fox farm grow big, big bloom, and superthrive. For flowering I provided 12/12 cycles with 4 40 watt CFL 2700K, and 1 26 Watt 6500K, and only fed Fox farm tiger bloom. I flowered for 8 weeks and 2 days from the 12/12 switch. The finished product was dried for a week then set to cure.

The smell is very unique, It is very sweet smelling and I can see why others describe it as "grape" smelling or "fruity." The taste is by far its highest quality, it tastes amazing very sweet... it is the only pot so far to make me salivate while smoking. It has a very strong hit and the high is a very uppity high, no lose of energy... unless its eaten... only a very small parts decided to turn purple... nothing like I have seen in some pictures but I can't really complain.

Overall I was very happy with the results. Nice yield, rock hard buds,
    pleasing to the eye, great taste/smell, and a SUPER STRONG PLANT! The original light setup had fallen on one and cooked one of the tops for a few hours before I noticed... The growth was never even stunted... I swear... only my snipers could kill those things.

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/11388691"]Querkle Star to Finish on Vimeo[/ame]

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=11388691&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=11388691&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>Querkle Star to Finish from Rob Nob on Vimeo.

2. nice vid. +rep

what was your final yield?

3. I'm afraid to report that I had previously broken my scale... but with 13 years of experience with the stuff I estimated Aprox 1.5 Oz. to 2 Oz. dry.

If I could do it over again I would have spaced them better and removed more of the foliage that shaded the rest of the plant. I'm sure that would have increased the final yield.

4. not bad at all. :D

5. Thanks dude, I'm definitely satisfied... However... I miss taking care of them them so much!

6. + rep good job :)

7. Thanks I appreciate the compliments!

8. #8 catterkang, May 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2010
    The song had me dying in laughter. OHHHHHHH YEAAAAH, BOW BOW.

Edit: Did you veg them in your same little box then change the light they got? or did you just change the light cycle to 12/12?

9. The first thing that came to mind when I successfully harvested my gals and watched the slide show was, "Oh Yeah!" and "Beautiful!" so I couldn't think of any better song haha.

I veged them on a 20/4 Cycle using 5, 23Watt 6500K CFL's for aprox 4-5 weeks then switched 4 of the 5 CFL's to 40Watt 2700K and set them on a 12/12 cycle for exactly 8 weeks and 1 day.