1st grow progress

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zelena, Nov 29, 2012.

1. #1 zelena, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    I am almost 3 weeks into my first grow. I cannot believe the difference between the seedlings. Especially the growth rate.

My first seedling shot out of the soil and has grown healthy ever since, growing at an amazing rate.

One of my second has some sort of damage on it first 2 main leaves but seems to be improving, although not growing as fast. Does anyone know what it could be? There's only a week between it and the big one!

Two others have been growing really slow and are tiny but show signs of improving and now, but I planted these in slightly smaller pots, maybe that is the reason?

Also the larger one is in a pot about 25cm3 would this be big enough, it looks ok. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Wouldn't matter if they are seedlings. Do you have pics of them? Over watering can cause that they could just be slower growing. Indices and sativas grow differently.

3. Are they feminized seeds? If not, keep an eye on the big one... When I did my seed run, the quickest to grow usually turned out to be dudes

reason being, males are taller in nature, so the pollen that drops starts from higher up, better chance of catching a pistil on their flight down.

4. thanks, pics uploaded

5. you're overwatering (too frequent)

don't give them any more water until you pick the thing up and it literally feels empty. dirt is light.

you want it to DRY out, that's what makes the roots grow and seek water, and big roots = big plants.

keep watering like that and you'll get nowhere.

6. The bigger one also has two bulbs twice the size and brightness as the other two if you can put one big and one small over the big and one big one small over the others. Your going to need more light if you have plants in all those pots and want them a decent size.

7. Yep especially with the small ones. Wait for the leaves to droop a little and then water that way you know they are dry also keep root rot from happening. (Kills them)

8. plus that one's light looks better for veg (whiter, 6000k temp or so) while the others are soft white (closer to 4000k color temp)

9. Yep you need 2 more of those other bulbs if possible. Doin great though the big one looks really happy. Water less and more light and you will have a nice crop!

10. guys, there are 2 large 85w blue spectrum bulbs (6400k) giving 4700Lm each PLUS 4 20w (2700k) softer lights. All the lights are even, one big one for each side, you just cant see the back lights! (Toal 14,000Lm)

I also have a grow room nearly finished with a 600w hps which I intend to use for flowering. I want to get another hps and split the grow room but cant afford it rigt now so with maybe just use the hps for both and the box as a back up.

I'm not watering them that much, they have usually drooped and look very dry around the top. Usually once a day or every other day.

11. I have a 600watt hps that I will sell/practically give away. I can't use it not enough space. I am using a 4ft 8 bulb t5 if you want it send me a message and we can work something out like seriously cheap no lie lol ballast bulb and hood

12. Thanks pg08, that would be great but I live in the back of beyond in Eastern Europe! Its difficult to get stuff out here!

13. Ahhh I feel ya ya I order things from over there and it takes about a month!!!! Has to ride a boat 2 planes and a couple trucks lol

14. Watering every day or every other day is too often for pots that size. The soil should dry out for the most part before watering.