1st Grow outdoor apt closet 4 plants CFL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Xchadb, Dec 13, 2012.

1. First grow, i live in colorado, its cold here now, built a nice insulated room. Gonna add more lights for more heat.. picked these up off craigslist, so the condition you see is how i got em.

I have no idea what im doing :) advice please

ForumRunner_20121213_083629.png

ForumRunner_20121213_083701.png

ForumRunner_20121213_083716.png

ForumRunner_20121213_083736.png

ForumRunner_20121213_083752.png

ForumRunner_20121213_083809.png

2. let's start with soil and amount of light (watts)

3. Ok so the pots they came in from the grower i think he said it was foxfarm with a few organic things he put himeself (nanner peels and woodash)

Those cfls are 50w and four of em. and the three 24" floures tubes

Pretty sure ill replace those tubes, theyre the "grow lights" from lights of america, 17w a piece..

Needing more heat and humidity during colder temps but during the day its at least 70 with 40 per humidity or higher, i keep spraying in there, but the prob is i have to keep venting the room

Maybe a small space heater and a humidifier? Or will it get more humid once i start a watering cycle and these plants start to sweat some water into the air?

4. You don't want a high humidity, 20-30 is more than enough, temp is truly your enemy, under 70 can be tricky territory as well as over 90. Plants can survive there, just don't like it, with 4 plants you will want a total of at least 250 watts between all your bulbs, not completely necessary this early, but you will want to look into it. Other than that you are coming along fine, I would say in about a week you can start using nutes safely, if you aren't already.

5. I plan on a space heater (threw one in for tonights frost) but i need to ditch the low output t8 housings and bulbs. With 8 cfls im sure itl help not only with light but also heat. Ill just have the heater on a thermostat eventually so of it drops below 70 heat kicks on. I must say i kinda go blind after being in there for a bit lol.

I thought veg needed above 50 percent humidity, more worried about the heat like u said...

6. Noooo.... High humidity isn't necessarily even a good thing. I have never known for it to throw off my grow that much, but I have never let it get that high

7. I remember watching jorge cervantes videos and he always said 50-60 for veg, 30-40 for flower.

8. I, too, have seen these videos.

Honestly, I'd say watch these videos for yourself. You'll spend way too much time on here!

9. Ya 20-30% seems a little low for veg. 30% is alright, not too bad, but 20% is just way too low. Some people will even tell you 60-70% is better in veg. Who knows though, as long as you're between 30-60 you're ok

10. Yea i checked this morning and its a good 75-83 all night during the cold with a little heater to kick it up a bit. Humidity is staying above 30 at least now

11. [quote name='"Xchadb"']

Yea i checked this morning and its a good 75-83 all night during the cold with a little heater to kick it up a bit. Humidity is staying above 30 at least now[/quote]

Mines runnin 26-35 during lights on, off is 42-53. They are doin pretty fine with this humidity range.

12. Need to take pic before work :) after proper water and heat enviorment they are looking better. With the cold colorado winter air, buying from the grower and throwing them in the room prob stressed em a bit from the switch, first night had cold temps too.

Everything lookn better :)

13. Colder temps means higher rh

14. Switched my bulbs from 5000k 800lumen (bad first time mistake) to 6500k 1650 lumen bulbs, four of them, this ghetto fixture came out cheap and decent, huge upgrade from what i "had" i plan on making another so a total of 8 bulbs for 4 plants, should i add a few more Y adapters? Or no?

15. ForumRunner_20121217_144336.png

So this girl was in a 4x4" black flimsly plastic container, transplanted this morning to a 3gal pot. Her bigger sister came in a 3 gal pot and is doing much better.

Was just looking sickly overall, i lifted her out and it was just all roots! Hopefully this helps, she has crispy brown tips on some upper fan leaves, but im only on 4 cfls and they could be closer if anything heat is not and issue, i never reach above 86 in my room anyways.

16. Took 6 cuttlings off the plant that was rootbound, the bottom leaves were just not getting light, plus i wanted clones :) threw 6 in the bubble cloner