1st grow nute question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Texiantoker, Feb 22, 2016.

1. This is my first grow I have 4 Autos going 3 Berry Bombs and 1 Bluematic. Everything seems to be going fine they have been in dirt for little over four weeks. I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest and using recharge once a week. They are starting to show buds and I was wondering if I should use some bloom nutes or any additives to boost yield and strength and what would you recommen Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Some fox farm tiger bloom would probably help.

3. Yea man I'd say start your bloom nutes.. Big bloom and tiger bloom. Tiger bloom has N in it so I would stop Grow big altogether if your using it. I've never ran autos but I'd think a flowering plant needs flowering nutes. Start off small with the nutes.. Probably 1 tsp Tiger Bloom 1 TBS Big Bloom per gal. I don't give my plants much more than that when I feed. I do use the fox farm trio with awesome results. Your plants look really nice!

4. Yeah I start my flower nutes the very next watering after I put into flower..

5. I hardly use any nutes in veg. My grow shop mixes up some good hot soil that I like to get . Or I use fox farm. And I had really good results . I give flower nutes once a week at 3/4 to 1/2 the recommended dose . I just switched over to nectar of the gods so I'll let you know how that goes !

• Like Like x 1
  6. When I use FF nutrients I use Big Bloom through my entire grow. I don't just do that because FF recommends it, I do it because it works! (after the first 3 weeks), 6 tsp per gallon during veg, feed, water, water, 3 tsp per gallon during flower, feed, water...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the advice! I actually started some advanced nutrients bloom nutes at half strength and the girls seem to be responding well to them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh wow... Thank you for bringing up this question and many helpful answers. I started an auto for 12 days until now and not sure when to use nutes. now I learned. One question though, is it okay if I use maxicrop liquid seaweed for first 3 weeks until it gets to vegging stage which I like to start giving nutes? Thanks all!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yea man which ever nutrient line you go with should be good. Main thing to remember is that you want your phosphorus (P) and your potassium (K) during flower and nitrogen (N) during veg. As long as they get what they need when they need it even at a minimal amount they should do just fine. It's safer to be on the light side of things.. Easier to add a lil more than having to do a flush and hope that solves a over feeding issue, which could turn into something making things even worse.. Ya know. Keep us posted.. I'd really like to see how things turn out.