1st grow noob needs help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by colbsterr420, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Ok im postin here hopefully to get some good advice and answers. and yes i did research first but there are just tons of options . alright so lets get started.
    first thing i got was a jiffy greenhouse with peat pellets for starting the seeds i did that and put the house on a make shiftt heat matt like i read to do. i planted seven on thursday and today is saturday still dont see nothing i hope to soon.​
    Next i got some three gallon pots with drain holes. and some organic choice miracle grow potting soil says feeds up to two months didnt do nothing with it yet though.
    And also i got cfls didnt mention yet but kinda got a tight but not to tight budget!
    the cfls i got are 23 watts 1600 lumens i have three of them is this enough for starting the plants how many lumens schould i have?and when do i put the light on them? DO i wait till they show or now when nothing is visible? And when i do add the light what schedule do i start and for how long? i know to keep it about 3 to four inches away . and how long do i do this .
    When does folwering start when it does do i decrease the light or add more
    ohh and what about wartering
    Also the walls are white is it better to keep them like that or do the foil thing
    thanks to every one o yeah this is a closet grow :)

2. Your three 23 watt CFLs output enough light to grow a plant through germination and vegetation, though more light would be better. But that is not enough light to flower a plant. For flowering, you want at least twice as much light. Three times as much light would be better. Four times as much light would be really good.

You want 6500K color temperature CFLs for vegetative growth and 2700K color temperature CFLs for flowering. (But you can mix them. Light is light.)

There is a CFL guide stickied in the General Indoor Growing forum.

Until your plant has left this mortal coil. :D

Many people recommend against using Miracle-Gro potting soils. I used it in my first and only grow, and I regret having done so. I won't use it again.

Welcome to the city. :wave:

3. thank you for the info but as far as the organic mircale grow i didnt use it yet but i have know clue what kind to use i went to the hydroponic store and seen the foxfarm cuz i always hear its the best but it is expensive and the guy at the store said it is not good for starting ur seeds so what do i do here? thank you

4. Fox Farms is fine. I sprout in it, but knock it down to 70% FFOF/30% Perlite. Straight it's a little "hot" for seedlings. Your hydro guy is a dumbass! lol j/k
    ;)