1st Grow Noob Blues

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Aussietuga, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Hey Guys,
    So I decided to take the plunge and try a first grow, got 3 seeds from RoyalSeeds, Bluematic strain (autoflower) as I figured that would be a no stress first introduction to caring for a plant.

one of the seeds I got was half the size of the other 2, but they were all tiger striped, still, I used that one first.
    Germinated fine, nice long first root, and since I read that autos dont like being transplanted, I placed it in a big pot which was filled with a normal growing mix, nothing from a weedshop or anything, mixed soil, coconut fibers, perlite and some NPK nutes already in there.
    watered sparingly, considering its a large pot, but made sure that the top layer wasnt getting too dry from day to day.

its been growing in a mix of outdoors/indoors. during the day, it sits at my balcony, while its still small enough, to grab some real sunlight, then it gets a couple more hours in an improvized grow tent, with a couple of led lights and a fan, nothing fancy.

it sprouted easily enough, with the 2 little round leaves popping and 2 first leaves after that, and then the growing pretty much stopped, and though 2 more smaller leaves popped from the middle of that, but the first 2 started getting small brown spots that grew larger until you see whats happening now...
    I think by the lack of development and the brown spots getting bigger, she's dying, and I dont know whats causing it. hopefully you guys can give me some ideas of what could be going wrong here.
    Thanks in advance.
    ( this is at 3 weeks, I figure it had to be much bigger than this by now as the strain mentions its a ~90day grow cycle):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. trying to do too much to that seedling way too soon. It could be light burn, wrong PH, or overfeeding (even if you didn't add anything). You can transplant any cannabis plant as long as you are careful. That one is probably not worth keeping, as you said it's an auto flower (not a fan of autos) and it's already struggling badly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. So, I dialed down the water I was giving it, and it seemed to perk up despite the 2 ruined first leaves, it grew some more, and soon after I started noticing an infestation of tiny mosquitos(gnats) that I havent been able to remove. so I decided to transplant it into another pot with different soil mix, and throw the compromised soil away, lets see if that gives it a fighting chance

4. Just let it grow and keep it moist.

5. So, I wasn't feeling confident that this one would pull through, so I planted 2 more with the new soil. (its clearly better quality from what I've seen so far) the 2 new seedlings are thriving, and so far no infestations in any of the 3.
    The first, seems to be recovering after being transplanted, already starting to perk up, so fingers crossed.

I've skipped the tent for now, and while they are small enough, they will remain in my balcony soaking up rays and getting lightly watered every 2 days (just from a mister, not too much water)

6. Got more pics? Looks like light burn to me. Going to direct sun while still so small can and will burn them. I start them in indirect sunlight at first then gradually move them toward direct as they grow. If you have decent lights you might want to keep in tent until they are big enough to withstand the elements. Seedlings also like to be warm if it's dropping to cold at night it will stop/slow growth not sure what your temps are. Good luck with your grow!

7. Progress update:
    So, my first finally pulled through, it seems to have recovered from the gnat infestation, after completely replacing the soil & disinfecting the bucket.
    its the smaller of the 3, but it is growing much better now. no peskies in sight.

the other 2 have continued to grow well:

one of which seems to already be flowering at the various nodes. Should I do something different from this moment on? or keep it going just the same as I have up to now?