1st grow. need advice and ideas

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bubblin420, Apr 11, 2012.

1. hey all i got a lil closet set up goin. i only have 2 cfl 26 watts both in just plain normal lamps. Does my first plant look healthy? will my lights be sufficent? i dont have absolute any money to spend on this just the bulbs the dirt n the seeds. any advice or thoughts would help.:smoke: the plant is usualy under the tilted lamp just moved for pics

Attached Files:

2. Shit i dont know if my last post made it thru.... i also have 2 lamps with 26 w cfl im on day 23 and they are very healthy as for that being the light you use thru your entire grow im not sure they say 100w per plant... i plan on putting them outside for 12/12 my setup is pretty ghetto 4 lamps 2 plants but they are looking and smelling great... nice and bushy

3. Looks right so far. As she gets bigger you will need at least 2 more bulbs. 100w(actual) is a minimum, anything above that is even better. You will need some sort of fertilizer at some point. If money is tight you have a couple weeks to save up. Even miracle grow will do if it is all you can afford. People will tell you that MG sucks, and I will admit that it is not the best for our purposes, but it is better than nothing.
    Good luck, and read all the stickies in the grow forums. You will learn a ton.

4. You can get a 400w hps sytem for $145 deliverd..it will pay for itself your 1st grow..I started with cfl and decided i just had to go bigger..worth every penny..

5. awesome. guys thanks glad to hear its gonna work out i plan on strtin 6 other plants under the lihts n puttin them outside come june. ill post updates n new pics. soon

6. [quote name='"bubblin420"']hey all i got a lil closet set up goin. i only have 2 cfl 26 watts both in just plain normal lamps. Does my first plant look healthy? will my lights be sufficent? i dont have absolute any money to spend on this just the bulbs the dirt n the seeds. any advice or thoughts would help.:smoke: the plant is usualy under the tilted lamp just moved for pics[/quote]

Everything I've read says at least 100 watts per plant / 300 lumens

About to start my first grow

7. badd ass go for it lol so do i got enought light? id what yall talkin bout with watts besides they both 26

8. #8 bubblin420, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
    :smoke:im baked as a burrito tho so... sum jack cleaner

Attached Files:

9. mot much progress grew bout 2 cm.. ill take a pic soon strted adding miracle grow last 2 waterings

10. [quote name='"bubblin420"']badd ass go for it lol so do i got enought light? id what yall talkin bout with watts besides they both 26[/quote]

If you can I would definitely add at least a minimum of 3 more 26 Watts or even higher Watts like 36 or even 60, I just don't think 2 26 Watts is going to be enough

11. here are my plants they all have been under 2 26 watt 5700k daylight bulbs largest is 7 weeks ols others are 4 weeks today from clones, the last pic is one from seed and is about 4 weeks old today

Attached Files:

12. Right about now is the time I would put those plants or any seeds I had outside....You are going to get maybe 10grams from all those inside with that weak of lighting...If you can't throw em outside I suggest you find a new light source or you are just wasting your time..

13. [quote name='"vegasm"']
    here are my plants they all have been under 2 26 watt 5700k daylight bulbs largest is 7 weeks ols others are 4 weeks today from clones, the last pic is one from seed and is about 4 weeks old today[/quote]
    wow really nice looking plants! , I didn't think they could get that big off just 2 26 watts

14. bout to post new pics wen i go n get my camera expect in a few days shes lookin wonderful

15. #15 bubblin420, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    got 4 plants donated to me sum were sick n sum were healthy imma upload a pic as soon as my battery charges let me know if u think my set up is gnna grow sum dank er wut

Attached Files:

16. I believe you can get dank ass budha but Its all in how YOU control the enviroment.
    I gave a friend of mine some barneys fem vanilla kush seeds and the idiot only got about a gram from the harvest. looking back, i never should have trusted the KID anyways.

he was growing under a few shoplights and didnt even bother to change the tubes that had probably been used for months if not years.

Soo the point im trying to make is dont be a lazy sack of shit and do the research. i spend up to 2 hours every night on GC studying peoples grows and learning from THEIR mistakes not my own. Im not saying its bad to do a little trial n error but why bother when people have done it for you.

17. do you think a 150w hps would be a good buy for 1-2 maybe 3-4 plants? its only $60 bucks and its a hell of a lot better than some CFL's. im growing with cfls right now and they are just a pain. i dont really trust them becuse i have left for extended periods of time only to come back and see that some leaves were severly burnt. it makes me want to smash the damn CFL's on my head but they contain mercury so that wouldnt be the best decision haha

18. 150 HPS would be good for one plant, not much more.

19. i keep the lights on em all dayyyyyy like no even a inch from the top with a fan n they havnt been burnt period. idk i may buy a light but i wanna see if wat i got will proce anything than consider buying new equipment

20. all my bulbs are old n the plants are growin considerbly well