1st grow - Micro PC Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eighty88, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Hello, I'm new to the boards. I'm going to do a micro pc grow and I will post up pictures once I've made more progress. Right now I'm constructing the pc case and I have two computer fans that should work, but I ran into a problem. Both of the fans have 4pin wires. One of the I wont have a problem wiring, but the other on has wires that are black, yellow, green, and blue. Does anyone know which ones are positive and negative so I could wire them to an DC adapter? If not, would trail and error be enough to find out or could I damage the fan or the outlet? Thanks in advance.

2. pc case? sounds abit small, and about your wires i would go for =

black = ground (in most cases)

then try connecting the others 1 by 1

happy growing :D

3. Yellow should be your 12 volt +. You might have to short out the green onto the black (ground) as sometimes green is the ON wire (the wire that tells the computer the fan is on and sometimes it needs to be shorted out to work, similar to shorting out a power supply to make it run without a motherboard)

4. Thanks for the quick responses. I'll try those methods. I'm about to go to radio shack right now, and then home depot, hopefully I'll have some pictures up by tonight.

5. I've completed the wiring for the fans and I was wondering how to create a light trapping device for the fans that would still allow good ventilation. I don't want any light escaping. I saw on another forum Mr. Micro used something like that. Does anyone know how would you go about constructing one of those?