1st Grow: LOS No-Till

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Cannassieur, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Yessir give those ladies some leg room. I hope you don't mind me posting a pic on your diary but I'm just letting you know we're definitely on the same page.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Whoah son!!! Those are some mighty fine looking ladies there!! May I ask what genetics you're running? Also what size bed are you rocking? Looks like it's at least a 2x4.

3. IMG_1546.JPG IMG_1547.JPG IMG_1548.JPG These are the autos that finished up around 3 weeks ago. Had a 3-day dry and have been in the jars since with a couple daily burpings.

Ended up with around 4.5oz total from 4 autos. The 2 Blackberry Kush in the first 2 photos ended up being 2 different pheno's. The first turned out a really deep purple color with a fruity wine smell. The second pheno didn't turn much as far as color but she frosted up like crazy and the smell is something to behold, super sweet and fruity. Finally the Think Different struggled a little more than I wouldve liked but I'm sure it had more to do with my errors and mistakes than the genetics themselves. From a smell/flavor profile these ladies brought the FUNK. Smell reminds me of a nice balance between cat piss and lemons and completely fills up the room once broken up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. #64 MajorToker, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    It's the 36x72. Those 2 are Barneys farm fem blackberry on the right. I have a shorty and a tall girl pheno. The other 2 are mystery. The bed had little white widow and northern light seedling bushes.

I actually just transplanted them out of 4g containers. They were starting to act funky like a potassium deficiency and sure enough they filled up a 4g with roots. See those leaf hooks.

5. Was dealing with the same issue myself, even with the root pots they just weren't happy because they wanted to run but didn't have the space. Once I got them transplanted they bounced back and started praying for the light.

Do you train/top your plants or use any kind of scrog setup?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Honestly not seeing much need to train since I've been feeding coconut water and malted grain. Coconut water actually releases apical dominance. It's a no stress training. I have branching from branching at 3 weeks veg.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm going to give malted grains a shot next feeding. I picked up some barley and rye malt a few days ago hoping to give a little variety.

8. Rye is great. Higher source of phosphatase. Forgot to mention it promotes shoot development and bud development. That's kind of important regarding training.

9. IMG_1554.JPG IMG_1555.JPG Tried my hand at taking some cuttings late last night, first time attempting that. Rooted with azos and the gel from an Aloe filet and placed into root plugs. I sprayed the leaves with an AgSil foliar and misted inside the dome to help keep humidity up. They were looking pretty droopy this morning but apparently that's ok and is to be expected since they are still trying to fulfill their duties as a plant without the support of a root system to uptake water and nutrients. I believe they'll be ok, but worst case it's a valuable learning experience.

10. IMG_1571.JPG IMG_1572.JPG What's up guys! A little update on the garden. Everything is looking amazing! Super happy, super healthy and vigorous growth. I decided to give the girls a week longer in veg because I wanted to do some more topping to promote new growth. I also did some pruning underneath the screen to clean up a lot of the little suckers that weren't getting enough light. New plan is to flip in the next 3-5 days so I'll be back with a new update. Until then, any questions or comments feel free to post!

• Like Like x 3
  11. IMG_1577.JPG IMG_1582.JPG What's up fam! Back with another garden update!

Plants were officially flipped a few days ago and we're currently on Day 3 of flower. I'm seeing some explosive growth going into the stretch as the plants still look great, maintaining their flat canopy and showing no signs of stress even though we've been battling less than ideal conditions in the tent.

Overall I'm happy with the run, even battling high temps, up to this point as everything just seems to be clicking.

• Like Like x 2
  12. What's up guys?! Back again for an update on the garden!!

We're at the end of week 1 of flower and the plants are in full on stretch mode, growing around 2-3 inches per day!! We're starting to see the first signs of bud development from the SLH with the others looking like they're going to start in the next couple of days.

Temps are still running high and I'm fighting that by running higher RH% until I can get a more efficient a/c to get my temps back into the low-mid 80's.

I've been slacking with the IPM the past couple of weeks and I believe that's a decision im going to regret because im starting to see little fungus gnats flying around inside the tent.

All in all we'll continue to chug along, build the soil and stick to the watering schedule laid out in the no till gardening: revisited page.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. looking good but please dont slack on the IPM! :poke:
    if a lazy ass like me can do it so can you! :laughing:
    :watching:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Haha definitely noted @Sc00byD00bie :thankyou: I hit them hard with some method 1 last night and plan on giving another dose tomorrow. :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  15. What's up everyone! Back again with another garden update.

We're at Day 11 of flower and things are looking fantastic. Buds are really starting to develop on all of the strains except for the Deep Cheese, but she's looking like she will start within a couple of days.

Done some minor defoliation of a few of the larger fan leaves that were clogging up the interior of the canopy, blocking light and airflow. It's not something that I wanted to do but was forced out of necessity because of the extra long veg period. I guess we'll see in the next few days/weeks if I suffer the consequences.

On a positive note, I've finally gotten the upper hand in my battle with high temps. They've been pretty steady in the mid 80's (84-86) and I've been able to increase my humidity enough to get back in line with the VPD chart.

Tonight I also popped some seeds for my next run. I'm going to be doing a pheno hunt of Ocean Grown's Dark Plasma and Jawa Pie which I'm stupid excited for. The plan is to veg these out, take some cuttings and get them into the beds as soon as this run is harvested.

Please feel free to comment at will, I'm open to suggestions on anything I could do to improve the quality of this grow.

I'll be back in a few days with another update, until then, I'm going to roll up a fatty with the Mrs, peace!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. looks great!

17. Thank you! It hasn't been perfect and I've had my fair share of problems but overall I'm happy with their progress and excited to see how these next 6.5-9 weeks go!

• Like Like x 1
  18. how do you like your black dog LED? i kept them in mind when i designed my panel. They claimed to have studied the effects of UVa hands on and suggest that it helped THC production. Does your smoke have a more psychedelic feel?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. these are very dank looking buds!

• Like Like x 1
  20. I think they're amazing! I love the lenseless design and spread of the light because it easily covers my 4x4. I also think the penetration is excellent and easily gets to some of the lower level branches. My biggest drawback, as I'm sure is everyone's, is the price point. Do I think you can get similar results from a different brand? Absolutely! There's some amazing technology out there! But after doing my due diligence I felt more comfortable going with Black Dog because of the R&D they've put into their product. As for the extra potency, to that I can't honestly say because I've never smoked autos before (to my knowledge). But I can tell you that a few hits off of either the blackberry kush or think different puts me in the clouds. :GettingStoned:

Thank you! That was my first run. Wish I would've documented better but by the time I thought about making a journal they were nearly done. :lmafoe: