1st grow lighting help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by plebone, Mar 27, 2013.

1. So I'm new to gc, and I'm guessing I'm gunna piss a few people of by posting this but hey ho.
    Right, this is my first grow I'm currently building my grow box at 1.2 ft sq by 3.4 ft tall, I only plan on doing one plant first time round and I hope to use this grow as a base line and modify it as problems occur.

So my problem is lighting, I've read countless threads but the more I read the harder it is to come to a conclusion specifically for my grow. My budget will allow for about 4 cfls and one t5. Would this be enough? Or too much?
    I'm not highly fussed about yield at this stage as I don't have too high hope for my first attempt.

Any input is hugely welcome.

2. Anyone? :/

3. #3 micksob, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    im thinking you will have to go with cfl s cause your box is only 14 inches by 14 inches if im reading that right so there isn't enuff room for a 2 ft t5 in there

4. I was hopeing to us cfls cause there cheaper but at a local store I can get some 1 ft t5s, or are these not the same.
    Thanks for the reply anyway much appreciated.

5. i would start with cfls and after you get some money you can build a box that is 2ft and throw a t5 in for veg

6. Ill go for cfls then :) I do intend on expanding I just didn't want to go larger scale and then realise I'm going wrong, thought it might be better to get a feel of the process first.
    Thanks for the input.

7. I tried going small with a 2x4' tent now I have 2 and I'm about to just fill up the room with 3 1000w. Way space that little it a tease. I think the best size to start is a 4x4 tent