1st grow, late journal start

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Potluck420, Mar 30, 2016.

1. So this is my first grow and im starting a little late lol. i just have one plant for this grow and im about a month in right now and my girl is getting BIG, im still very surprised the growth that can happen in a day while some days there seems to be none. well here is some info on my grow/setup

strain: royal queen quick one
    soil: natures care organic potting mix (terrible soil i know next time around will be with ff)
    nutes: tiger bloom, grow big, big bloom
    ph: roughly 6.5
    grow space: custom built grow box

thats all i can think of right now haha. but anyway so far to my surpirise there has been no problems, well except the lights getting too close, once last week and this morning but it wasnt that bad thankfully. like i said its growing fast i just need to remember to keep the lights a little higher. here are some pics of my setup

Attached Files:

2. she just started to flower a couple days ago, here are some pics of the progress so far

Attached Files:

3. close ups

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Noticed some yellowing on the tips of a couple of leaves, hopefully it's from it being too close to the lights and not from over nuting. I've been using nutes every other watering but I water everyday I should cut down watering to give it a chance to dry. Also I'm gonna try only feeding 2 maybe 3 times a week, she's been doing great without nutes so far[​IMG]
    She's not as bushy as I'd like her to be but, but in time I'm sure she'll fill out more[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lookin Nice bro.....
    Let her dry out bro.... Don't want bugs...
    They thrive in moisture....
    What is your temp and humidity at ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thanks dude I'm still surprised how well it's going so far lol
    Yea I've been cutting down my watering to every 2 or 3 days.
    Temps have around 72 degrees and my humidity has been low, usually never over 35%. I put some water in my grow box and have been misting her with water which helps a little but still I know I should prob get a humidifier

• Like Like x 2
  7. ive been told a few times i should use mylar or flat white paint instead of foil as a reflector so today i painted my grow box. it came out good but it took like 4 coats to take <_<

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. so my girl is a month old today!! shes looking great, a lot more leaves and bud sites coming in filling out nicely

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Niccceee...

• Like Like x 1
  10. When u water her is she completely dry ?
    She'll bulk up...probably a late bloomer..

11. Yea I think so, I water when the top of the soil is dry to the touch
    I'm only a month into it and have another 5 or 6 to go so I'm sure she will. I picked this strain because it's supposed to stay short n bushy

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cool... stick ur finger in the soil, sometimes the top soil is dry from ur lights and fan but down a few inches soil is still moist...
    I purchased a moisture meter from home depot for a $8 ...
    But your fingers work just as well...
    Check different locations around main stalk in soil...

13. Hmm I thought about trying that but I was afraid I'd hit a root lol . Thanks bro I'm gonna try that out rn

• Like Like x 1
  14. I picked up some 2700k CFLs today, I heard those are better for flowering although I know I can use the 6500k that I have now. I think I'm gonna try something a little different tho, I have 6 cfls in total and im gonna use 3 of each. Idk We'll see how my plant does with that

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good Luck....
    Happy Blooming

2×2 Closet Grow Autoflower Grow Journal

• Like Like x 1
  16. Went to Walmart today and finally got a humidifier which I really need because humidity has been like 23%.. It's good too I was getting sick of always misting her lol. Also picked up another fixture to max out my cfls to 8

17. How many watts are you using?

18. Well they're 23 watt replacements, 13 actual watts I think

19. But I'm gonna try to get a LED in a couple weeks

• Like Like x 1
  20. How many grams are you expecting to harvest? I'm doing my first grow with CFLs 150 Watts in actual Watts.

Sent from my Z987 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1