1St Grow Journal ~ Single Plant Closet Cfl Grow ~ Bagseed Headband

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TrichomeDome420, Aug 29, 2014.

1. #61 TrichomeDome420, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    2 for each plant 1 on each side of your plant , but also you have an auto flower im that is already flowering so you are going to want to isolate that plant with 2700k bulbs only. I'm not sure but I know with non autos you can force then back into veg with 5500 - 6000k bulbs. It's not always going to happen but It could.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You can find bulbs online for cheap 4 pack for about $8 but then there's shipping. Or you can go to Home Depot or lowes and get the same 4 pack for about $10

3. I am Irish lol will these work? Doesn't say in description what kelvin tho ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411175493.547917.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411175567.577556.jpg thats the bulb?

5. Yeah that'll work but you need to know the kelvin before purchase cause you might just waste money if they show up and are 2700k

6. I know I will look more into it but is it any cfl? Just the right kelvin and watt I can buy?

7. Yes the right watt and kelvin and you'll be all set

8. A shop has 30 watt cfl 6500kelvin that is near me is that better than 5500k?

9. Yes the higher the better for veg

10. Thanks very much pal!:)

11. No problem happy growing

12. The light bulb itself no matter what kind of lighting you are using doesn't change what state your plant is in. Only the amount of dark cycle light p err old you give the plant controls that. You could have a 2700k bulb on a Vegging plant for 8years it wouldn't make it flower without 12/12. Plants just veg better with a blue based wave length during veg is all.

13. I have them on 12/12 a week when I started I didn't know if they wore male or female. Looked at them today and they are female I can tell because there are white hairs coming from the very top but are very small how can you tell the plant is ready to flower? and in veg what schedule should I go by 18/6?

14. I run 18/6. Some people using cfl' s swear by 24/0 but I don't believe in it. It just seems so against nature to me, when I can I try to simulate mother nature. As far as telling when a plant is ready for flowering it is really up to you and your growing space. I have heard of people using no veg time and running 12/12 from day one. However a plant is mature imo when you have alternating nodes. instead of pairs of leaf set coming from plant they are staggered in origin. Pre-flowers are sometimes mistaken for sex organs of a plant by first time grower. Make sure you study the pictures of female plant sex organs to be 100 percent sure that it is a female. Would suck to go through trouble of flowering process to turn them back to veg cycle only to learn you made a mistake.
    The longer you run 18/6 on a well maintained plant the larger it becomes. I run 8 weeks veg, with a indica strain. This number works for me because that is my flowering time on the plant. So when one crop is done the next is ready to come out of my veg room and go to flower. I clone to keep this process going. At some point I plan on growing more plants out from seed to refresh my genes in my grow system.
    All these points I make are individual choices how you decide to go grow and what works for you may differ wildly or slightly.

15. That's a good bit of info thanks I'm going to remember that :)

16. This is how my girl is looking at 10 days from breaking ground
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411411328.660305.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411411368.789569.jpg

17. How big is your plant going to get?

Sent from my C6730 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. We'll I'll be lst'ing soon so hopefully about a foot and a half. Also hopefully it fills out like a bush for maximum budding sites.

19. Today I added 2 DIY co2 generators that I have made out of a Pepsi bottle and a zephyrahills bottle. I used active dry yeast and sugar.

This is my Pepsi bottle co2 generator. When the bubbles burst they release co2 which then escapes through the straw that I have directly behind my fan so the co2 is chopped and for a lack of betters words mists my plant with co2 throughout the day.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411531802.914210.jpg

This is my zephrayhills bottle co2 generator. Same idea as the Pepsi bottle with a little tweak. I used a sewing needle and poked holes through the straw and then capped the end with tape. This way when the co2 tries to escape it goes up through the straw and out the wholes. That way my plant is always getting a nice even spread of co2.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411532420.268559.jpg