1st grow journal- gnomo auto fem

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by coolcurt13, May 8, 2011.

1. #1 coolcurt13, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    so hello
    i just started to grow 5 gnomo fem auto flowering seeds.
    equipment-
    1- 4 tube t5 2' long for starting/veg
    1- 400w hp bulb
    1- 400w lumatek dimmable ballast
    1- hydrofarm 21''x 23'' air cooler reflector- for flowering
    5- 2 gallon pots(each have tray for water drainage)
    1- 3x3x5 secret jardin grow tent
    2- 4'' clip on fans
    1- 8'' oscillating fan
    1- humidity/temp themomiter.
    1- digital ph tester
    2- 5 gallon water jugs to store water
    ph up
    ph down
    nutrients- im using the 6 pack foxfarm soil pack
    soil- foxfarm ocean forest potting soil

so this is not me first grow just my first grow journal. ill work on uploading picts of my set up as soon as i figure that out.
    for this grow i took 5 2 liter soda bottles (clear) and cut them at the line close to the bottom were the label starts. then cut 3 holes in the bottom for drainage. this way i germinate them straight in soil and when i can almost see the roots threw the containers i transplant into the 2 gallon pots. these are under 18/6 using my t5 until my first transplant were ill stick them under the 400w hp.
    started the seeds on may 4th. took 3 days for them to pop out of the soil. not using nutz yet cause the soil im using is already inhanced.
    because these are auto flower im not sure how to follow the foxfarm nutz schedule cause these will not be in veg for 4 weeks. any suggestions?!!

Attached Files:

2. so here we are on day 4 after i planted the gnomo seeds and they are already popping threw the soil. i took some more pictures of my grow tent and the temp/humidity is at a good 72/75F with 41% humidity with lights on and 66/68F with same humidity level. i know when the 400w goes in there i will have to start ventilation asap. its just gonna keep getting hotter outside[​IMG]

3. here is those pictures i spoke of

Attached Files:

4. Your gonna have a problem with those clear containers... Roots don't like light, light proof them with somthing.

5. im changing them into black 2 gallon pots in a day. just have to run to the store and get more ffof soil. i never let them stay in the clear pots longer than a week but thanks for the info

6. transplanting today pictures to come. and please anyone feel free to give your advice/2cents on my set up or my approach. all info/feedback will help greatly thanks

7. sorry ive been so busy. here is the pictures after i transplanted. ive been building a box around my tent out of wood and will be purchasing ventilation equipment over the weekend
    picts below are from a week ago so these babys are huge now. picts to come asap

Attached Files:

8. so i told you these suckers are getting bigger only 2 weeks old.

Attached Files:

9. so i have only had to water these babies once in 8 days. it has been very wet out and i just think the humidity is playing a big role on why these pots still are wet and have allot of water weight to them. humidity has been a steady 61%

10. sorry i havent been keeping everyone updated. i have been re doing my hallway so i can make a bigger box so i can use my 1000wt hps bulb. wallpaper stripping, primer and trim work done. just need to paint then make a ventilation system and im good to go. gnomo are deff auto fem and going strong. this heat wave is killing me so thats the reason for making bigger closet

11. so i finished to hallway. finally. painted and ready to go. just need these auto flowers to be done to change closet from having the grow tent inside to the whole closet being the grow room. ill trow my 1000wt reflector in there after i harvest. so here is some pictures of my 5 week old babies. they started flowering 3 weeks after i planted them in the dirt. they are now 5 weeks old

12. so here is those pictures

Attached Files:

13. Since you seem pretty experianced, I picked up one of these to try out. Do you think it will make the 7-8 week harvest as they claim? Also kind if curious what you think the per plant yeild will be on these bad boys, just as a rough estimate?

I plant to LST mine just for fun. Also, what's the light schedule you are using? You may have posted it but I can't see it on this app when I'm replying and I'm too lazy to type all this again lol. Thanks for any input

14. Did the thread die? Hows it going?