1st Grow Journal - Blue Himilaya and Super Cali Haze

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TheAussieGrower, Apr 8, 2011.

1. #1 TheAussieGrower, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
    Sorry people, have to close this journal due to the number of raids in my area in the past two days (today my mate three houses up got raided... 50 plants and his set up gone)... I WILL however post a link once I finish these plants in an alternative located (around 2 months time once harvested)...

SORRY FOLKS!

Attached Files:

2. Also, if anyone sees something I don't, feel free to post cause at time I miss some deficiencies (House and Garden usually don't give my ladies problems, but you know, it does happen).

3. I'm new to the grow thing and I have H&G nutes. I wont have to use them yet for a few weeks but I was wondering how you use your nutes? (SOIL A&B?):rolleyes:

4. Cool, more than happy to help ya with House and Garden products. Tell me exactly you wanna know and I'll help you with dosage, etc...

Need to know res size, how many plants, what additives you are gonna use, and what type of soil...

5. I wanna see how that Super Cali Haze grows I am thinking about throwing some outside.

6. #6 TranceKid, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I don't use a res, I'm all soil. I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest. My 7 clones were planted in that fresh soil Tuesday. I have bottles of Soil A, Soil B, Top Booster, Bud XL, Shooting Powder, Drip Clean, Algen Extract and Root Excelurator. I bought all this off craigslist for a GREAT price.

7. What lights are you using? Im gonna attempt to grow some himalaya soon (first grow) so im just askin everyone questions to see which method works best. What other nutes are you planning to use? What dosage do you use for one plant? Also whered u get your seeds? id go to attitude but wwms (worldwide-marijuana-seeds) is cheaper, do you know if there legit?

8. Update plz? :D

9. Good soil choice mate. Fox Farms make some nice stuff. We don't get it in Australia unfortunately, i'd love to grow in it.

OK, well you got the best stuff possible for a grow... I'll give you quick directions how to start it off.

(going by a 20 litre bucket/tub to mix your nutes), this is what you should do for the 1st week. This will get them started nicely and prevent deficiencies in the future.

Soil A and B - 50ml of each (add a, mix it in, leave for 10 mins, then add b, mix it in. then adjust ph and check your EC).
    Roots Excelurator - 7ml (direct into bucket, then mix)
    Drip Clean - 2.5ml (direct into bucket, then mix)
    Algen Extract (This shit is GREAT but smells like shit) - 25ml (direct into bucket, then mix)

EXTRAS:

Silica - Follow directions on bottle
    Super Thrive - About 1.5ml, this will strengthen them against later deficiencies.

This is what you should use for your first week of GROW. come back next week, i'll tell you what to mix in for that.

Hope this helps.

10. Hey mate, thanks for comin through.

In the seedling/germ stage I keep them in a box I developed specifically for this purpose. ONLY seedlings, not the entire GROW stage (although automatic, I still use the same lights, just not light schedule).

The 3 lights you will see in my new update, are each a 28W CFL. It is equivilant to 420W of normal "daylight" style light. Once out of seedling, I will move them under a 600W MH in my main grow room. This will encourage rapid growth.

All my nutrients are House and Garden. I use the ENTIRE line, and have developed a feeding program after many trials, which works for me. PM me if you want this.

I only purchase seeds from the breeders. So I can't really help with seed bank advice. If you want my advice, contact Short Stuff Seeds directly, and have them shipped from there. That way they are fresh, and the actual seeds you want. I have heard though, both banks you mentioned are fine to order from, but yes, they are expensive. I also buy in bulk (100 seeds plus), so I end up paying about 2 - 3 per seed :) Develop a relationship with breeders, and they will look after you.

Any other Qs, just post here buddy.

11. Good luck to my friend down under! I'm in as well.

:wave::wave::wave:

12. Not a lot has happened in a couple days, but per request, here is an update :)

The Super Cali Haze is getting big, very fast (on a low nute ratio), quite impressed by it's grow, seeing it's 2 weeks from seed, i'm happy with her. The Blue Himilaya, is taking her time in the seedling box (the box in the pic below is ONLY for germin seeds and getting my seedlings strong to move into the main grow area). I am guessing, the BH auto strain will kick into gear the second I move her into the main grow area, and feed her a full strength dose of Nutes and ROCK "Grow". :)

Thanks everyone for subbin' to! I am never impatient, but I cannot WAIT to try this SCH!

(Oh the other plants in the box are, in the plastic box, 4 Blue Himilaya Diesel, and the one with the broken wine glass covering her LOL is a Power Kush from Dinafem).

Attached Files:

13. Looks great I will be following this thread becuase I am really interested in the super-cali haze I was planning on growing that strain my second grow.

14. Those plants are looking good!
    By the way, your info about House & Garden is really helpful man! You deserve some rep from me:)
    Now I know exactly what to do for feeding and everything!

15. Subbed man, I just popped 2 super cali haze into damp paper towels today, hoping they will pop a tap root tomorrow. I am also teaching a good friend of mine the basics of growing on 10 Blue Himilaya Diesel and 5 Super Cali Haze. I cant wait to see what the strains bring for us in 2011. Good luck!:smoke:

16. Thanks mate. SCH is supposed to be an amazing smoke, and it better be for the 4 months it takes to finish!

17. Wasn't gonna update... But I am even shocked. After using a new nute regine, the TWO plants in the pics below are ready for a transfer into my main grow room (and it's only 2 weeks and 1 day from seed)... I think House and Garden have tweaked their Roots Excelurator formula, cause this even blew me away.

More photos to come in a few hours of the grow room.

Attached Files:

18. I recently...overdosed my plants with Root Execl...They didn't nute burn or anything, but I'm wondering if mine have huge root like in that pic...:rolleyes: