1st grow journal afghan kush ryder and easy ryder autos

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bigtoker12, Sep 9, 2010.

1. This is my first grow journal and first time with growing autoflowers.

I planted 3 easy ryders and 6 afghan kush ryders. Here are a few pics I took this morning. The easy ryders have been planted for 36 hours and the afghan kush ryders 24 hours.

Any tips with autos would be greatly appreciated. Right now they are under a 400w mh that is about 2 ft away.

Attached Files:

2. All i know is,

So what is auto-flowering? Auto-flowering characteristic grants a cannabis plant the ability to completely flower without the need for reduction of day-light hours; in turn, eliminating the need for a timer. It will grow consistently well and finish under 24 hours of light - from sprouting to harvest - in eight weeks, although you can achieve similar results with 18 hours of light per day; if you like to give your room time to cool down, for example. The point is, with Lowryder, there is no need for a change in the light period to induce flowering, nor is it necessary to have separate vegetative and flowering rooms!

So just keep the plants on 24/7 until signs of sex then switch to HPS and if you wanted to you can drop the hours of light to 18/6 or 20/4, for my next auto grow im going 24/7 bigger yield..

also a guide,

Hope this help, dude!

Btw your babies are gonna love the room there in, nice n big :wave:

3. thanks man... i have a 600w hps and a 1000mh that i am going to use too when they get bigger.

4. here are a few pics of them replanted in 1gal pots and now under a 600w mh. How far should i keep the light from them. it is at about 28inches right now.

Attached Files:

5. Hey bigtoker... I think you'll find 600hps is more than enough for your autos! You'll have all the penetration you need with 600hps and to be honest I doubt you'll get much more yield. If I were you I would run 24/7 under 600hps the whole grow. But that's just me talking... each to their own ;). Good luck! :)

6. thanks man...how far away do you think i should have it right now? and when they get bigger you dont think i should put them under a 1000mh?

7. #7 flippa, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
    All I am saying is with my 400HPS (which is in storage) I could grow monsters with it and if you think that a 250HPS is enough to penetrate for 2foot of growth (which is about the max or close to you'll get with autos since they are dwarves).. really a 1000mh, whilst I am sure will work bloody great... seems like overkill. And I would personally keep the 600HPS on for a longer period of time to offset. And it'll cost you less money and generate less heat. I think the best way to work out how far away to keep them is really to set up your light and keep the back of your hand to where the tops of your plants are... then move it up and at the point where it starts to feel uncomfortably warm... then it'll be the same for you plants. That's how I do it. Don't put it too close obviously... but to be honest with the penetration with 600HPS you could have it quite far away and still ahve excellent results. Use the heat on your hand as the real guide though. Autos don't grow big so really like I said a 1000mh is total overkill. Google some auto grows with 400-600hps. I think you'll be impressed. If there is anything that will boost yield (which is undoubtedly what you are after) with autos... it's potsize (1 gallon is fine but 3 gallon produces monsters) and light regime (24hr produces fatter buds that 18/6 or 20/6). Lighting in your case is not going to be an issue so it's really those 2 factors you'll want to consider. There's nothing wrong with using a 1000w MH at all... I'm just giving you my views with autos. I'd use a 1000w MH on regular monsters not autos. Hope this helps. :) ps btw if you wanted to repot again you can do it so long as you do it right after sexing the plants.. literally as soon as they sex up... autos shoot straight down in pots but I repot always after sexing and the autos love it (some people say they don't but that's not true in autos I've grown.. one of which is EasyRyder a couple of times)

8. thanks man for all your help. yeah i was planning on re potting them to 5 gal buckets after awhile.

9. just some updated pics. 19 days old.

Attached Files:

10. dude.. sweet. i was thinking about doing some auto-afghan kush for my first grow, but i ended up just using bag seed :rolleyes: really interested to see how your grow turns out. keep the pics coming, they look awesome so far.

11. thanks man. here are some updated pics 4 weeks old starting to flower.

Attached Files:

12. o_0 ...woa. they got huge hahaha. i didn't think autos would get that tall before they started flowering. have you measured them?

13. #13 flippa, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    Looking good man :). Nice one. @Mindismoving... erm... they can go an easy 3foot if done right ;). Depends on the grower, the lighting, the potsize and the strain. Looks like bigtoker has got a decent setup (no surprises there though!) :). Think you are going to have a lot of fun with autos. Let's see if you turn in to a lover or a hater. Just make sure you see them out to full fruition and don't be chopping early as some people do. Most autos take 70days... EasyRyder upto about 77days. Cheers!

14. thanks guys....they are like 20in tall right now and still growing. i am having problems with heat since I am trying to keep my room sealed because of the smell now. temps are around 83-86 degress... :(

15. #15 flippa, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
    I wouldn't stress too much... I have had mine as high as 88-92... with little impact on budding. Even though people say it does have an impact... I see no major issue. RELAX! :)

PS why do you think I said it was overkill with a 1000HPS light!!! That is some serious heat!! 83-86 is absolutely fine. 95+ is in the dangerzone. Ideally keep it under 88. So you are fine!! IF you are using your 1000wattter... try switching to the lower wattage one. Cheers!

16. thanks man I hope it isnt affecting them too bad I am waiting on my inline fan to arrive to help with this problem some. I am using the 600hps and the 1000mh 22 hours a day

17. havent updated in awhile so here are a few weeks i am on week 9 and despite a few set backs i think things are turning out pretty well. i hope the new ones i am starting will be even better than these with all the knowledge i learned. let me know what ya think,

Attached Files:

18. finally got them all cut down and took a few pictures. will post them tomorrow i am very pleased overall with how everything turned out.

19. they look like some damn Dankers....

I was looking into getting these my next purchase

20. WOW man looks amazing , you have officially just motivated me to grab some auto plants. which strains do you recommend of the dwarf autos man? i was thinking about getting some easy ryders or some 60 day wonders , or some himalayan blue diesel. also man do you know of a good seedsite for the usa, i was thinking about worldwidemarijuannaseeds.com.. thanks again and cant wait to see your pictures! peace