1st grow, how do these look?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WhiteWidow, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Woo pictures of massive buds!
    Can't wait!

2. I will be posting some pics of my 5 white widows in this thread here soon also. Only about 2 weeks from harvest and they are getting pretty chunky :)

3. Hogg's plants are looking excellent, and since mine are clones off of his... mine should look excellent about 3 weeks after his. :bongin: Startin to get really, really sticky and white! I can't wait....

4. damn u guys are going to have a lot of white widow

5. Didn't get a chance to snap pics last night :-( Spent the whole time watering, the bigger 3 plants took 4 gallons each and the smaller 2 took 3 gallons. I also noticed I am out of co2 but I am so close to harvest I don't think its going to matter now. I figure one more good watering on Friday with a full nute mix and then straight water for the next week. After that.... Smokey McSmokeenstein

6. im jealous of your plants

7. Ok well finally decided it was time to flip these guys over to straight water to start clearing out the nutes. They are starting to get pretty chunky and I am starting to get some amber coloration. I have another 8 seedlings almost a month along in 1 gallon pots that should be ready to transplant into my 18gal pots here in a couple weeks. All in all I think/hope the timing will be fairly good. I had a chance to snap a few pics of my 5 plants so here you go...:smoke:

Attached Files:

8. Lookin' great. Can't wait to se the harvest pics!

9. God fucking damn. +rep

10. Did the invitations to the "trim" already go out? LOL.

Better to flush early than late IMO. Lookin' great bro. Keep it rockin'.

11. dayyyum +rep

12. Ok... so here's an update. Posting several pics of the exact same flowers/buds that I posted in the first list of this thread. The one huge X factor that I'm running into, is "when to harvest?" There are no less than 100 different opinions on this topic and everyone thinks that they are correct.

I have a fairly good idea, but take a look at these and let me know what you think. I'm 6 weeks into flower today. They look good, the buds are getting really dense. One of my plants had virtually every single fan leaf turn yellow and fall off within 4 days or so, it was really weird. The buds still look great, but the plant looks odd with no leaves left.

I have a couple of my plants that have close to 50% of the white pistules (sp?) that have turned amber, and some of the plants that don't have any amber at all, so it looks like I'll be harvesting in stages? Not upsetting, since I could break it up in different time frames, but it's still strange since they were all on the exact same schedule since planting.

I'm sure that there will be varying opinions, but I figure if there is a recurring theme with them, I should be close to correct when I finally take these girls down.:smoke:

Attached Files:

13. Wow those look absolutely beautiful.
    And for the harvesting I'd say when the majority of the pistils turn amber.
    Sounds like you'll be harvesting in different stages. But you'll have an amazing yield from these beauties.

14. hopefully the yield is good, but more importantly, I want it to be a great smoke, so when I harvest is very important, from what I hear.

15. i would agree with screw absoultly bloddy gorgeous well done mate well done :hello:

16. the yield will be bountifull lol
    And harvesting is just as important as curing. I prefer leaving my buds in the refrigderator or freezer while curing.

17. wow i thought my plants were big

18. :D yah... that dude growing awesome...i wonder to know there is that strain of white widow is so good or that guy growing awesome ? :D but it looks like strain good,and grower same(goood)...
    ---------
    BTW : i suggest you to try Armegeddon strain.You can find it in some sites like here:
    Paradox.co.uk
    GypsySeedBotique

19. Ok... so I had a bit of a setback. My plants had a small spider mite problem early on and I hit 'em hard and killed 'em. You can see by the pics that I have been posting that my plants look good and healthy. Then a couple of weeks ago, one of my bigger plants had virtually every single leaf on the plant turn completely yellow and fall off. They colored evenly, it was wierd, almost like the plant thought that it was Autumn.

The buds still looked chunky and thick (and FYI, the sample nug that I cut was killer!!), but the leaves were dead. Then it started to spread to the surrounding plants slowly, with leaves that were touching that plant turning yellow and dying as well.

So... I ended up harvesting them about 2ish weeks early. A couple of them were close to being ready anyhow, but it was just really strange. My previous problem with spider mites had the leaves getting yellow spots and were pretty obviously needing attention.

So now they are cut and the entire plant(s) are hanging upside down to dry. They've been drying for 5 days now, and are still very moist, it's taking much longer than I thought it would.

How long should I let them dry before I start cutting the buds off and manicuring them? They are drying in a pitch-black room that's fairly cold and moderately humid, I just don't want to spend a month drying/curing all of this action, it's gonna be a LOT.

Feedback? Thanks!

20. I've hear everything from putting them in burlap sacks to paper bags.
    So let's see what other people say that have more experience.