1st grow, How am I doing? PICS

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Piffguru, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Hey this is my first grow day 31, Im just wondering how i am doing, i am concerned about the lowest leaves drooping, any advice how to make this baby grow?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    should i just cut these off?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 Cannaculus, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
    Looks great so far, don't you dare cut those bottom leaves off! (at least not yet, they're still very green and healthy looking despite that bit of droop). Sorry I'm not really sure what would cause that droop. It could just be natural with CFLs since they end up shaded by other leaves and pretty far from the bulb. Could be over/under watering but the rest of the plant looks pretty nice for there to be watering issues. How are your runoff pH levels?

How are your temperatures at the top of the plant? You might be able to drop those CFLs down a bit, they can really be as close as a few inches as long as there is some airflow and the temperatures aren't too high. A good rule of thumb for the distance from the bulb to the leaf is as close as you can hold your hand comfortably.

I've heard people say not to use foil as a reflector since it can cause "hot spotting" focusing the light inequally but if you're not having problems I wouldn't worry about it. At least not until you can swap it out for something else (or when you upgrade your box).

Nice plant, very bushy. Have you topped or anything?

3. I really havent been doing this plant right , it is foil, and i havent tested the ph, i havent topped it yet and its at a constant temp of 85 deg.

4. Mix a couple drops of plant growth hormone with B1 vitamin with a gallon of lukewarm water and 1 tablespoon of molasses and water it with that for a few days .Also run your lights 24 hours a day during the growth period until flowering begins. Also spend 15 bucks on a PH meter that does ph ,soil moisture and light .I got mine at LOWES hardware.

5. #5 Thecannablog, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
    Why should he not prune the lower leaves.? Its a good preventative way to help keep infection and disease out.? Also the plant wont be focusing on trying to photosynthesize dimmer light at the lower canopy.

[​IMG]

6. What kind if nutrients are you using.? Also what kind of soil are you using, do you use tap water or filtered water.? What is the humidity.?
    I'm subbed and she looks good so far keep it up.!

7. Healthy but small....

It seems to me that your doing everything right just being held back by light at 31 days it could be a lot bigger

But like I said it is healthy

8. I use tap water,and miracle gro moisture control potting mix. so now im confused should i trim the lower leaves or not

9. U shouldn't even worry about trimming the leaves they look fine and that really is a non issue here,,, you should on the other hand worry about being in miracle grow, you should worry about the rather small looking stem and you should worry about increasing light input.... Not trying to sound like a dick giving u my opinion straight up.

Transplant into some better soil like Fox Farm Ocean Forest, put a fan in there and bent her back and forth daily (to strengthen stem) and add more cfls/move them as close as possible if possible look into an HID

closet

10. Well I think at this rate its a matter of opinion. But I would say you are fine to remove the lower leaves, with in the area I highlighted. I would recommend getting a PH meter and PH the water. Also I'm guessing because your using miracle gro that you are not using nutrients at this time.?

11. Good advice.!

12. Yea kinda dickish haha but very appreciated. ive actually been having a very hard time locating a fan, since it is winter. Ive been to every Walmart, target, BB&B, Kmart ect.

13. Yea i havent used any nutes yet

14. Fans for some reason are seasonal for retail outlets. You don't have a hydro shop or plant nursery near you by chance.? Also 200mm computer fans work good, so look for a DIY on that if you can't find a regular fan, because plants love the air movement.