1st grow have questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jah421, Aug 27, 2008.

1. #1 jah421, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
    i sprouted sum seeds i found in a bag and made this set up in my closet.does it look like itll work? the box for the lights said 100 watt cfl i got them a lowes hardware store will they work?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What soil? Temps? wattage? You have PH control? Any nutes for later? Sorry for the bluntness its getting late lol

Peace

3. the soil was just potting soil but the formula was 19 13 6. no nutrients yet the temp is 79.

4. You need to get them out of that soil into soil with no nutes or they will burn real quick bro.

5. were can i find soil with nutrients? and how long should i keep em out of it

6. Get fox farm organic potting soil.

7. alright tiight thanks dude ill keep postin on what happens and if i need anymore help

8. Those are the exact same light im using. I love em'. Not soo good for flowering but they do. especially if your on a budget.

9. niice haha i was scared that they wouldnt work. what lights should i use for flowering. i heard that just regular light bulbs help intise the plant to bud?

10. The plant will bud, they may just be light and fluffy buds. HID lighting will make better bud.

11. alright tiight thanks dude ill look in to gettin those when the time comes around.you think if i pulled the sprouts outa the soil and put em in just sum dirt outside they will be good untill i move em back to the other soil?

12. Your right, regular lights meaning incadescent. But they are HIGHLY ineffiecient and VERY hot. I would suggest if your on a budget to just keep using the lights your using. Then later on investing in HID. Flouros arent bad, its just they dont have a very wide spectrum, you should also look into uying flouros with a 2700k spectrum. That is more what a plant wants for budding.

13. alright ill look into those other lights im getttin a job in a week or so. so i plane on upgrading my set up.how close should i have the lights to the the plants?

14. i like to have mine about where i can barely feel heat on my hands. thats usually 3 inches. which is pretty good. if you like you can put them closer, im experimenting with a plant thats within 10 cm lol. so ill tell you how that goes.

15. haha that sounds awsome man.whats the deal with fans should i have one on my plants ones they get bigger??

16. HELL YES dude! the plants will sway like crazy but you should put them about a foot away when they first start. Mind you this is a desktop fan not a floor fan. But the fan will make the plant grow quickly as well provide circulation which is very important. This also prevents your plants from becoming lanky.

17. alright tight so use a kinda small fan?i have ionne ill try and post sum pics of it later to see if its alright to use

18. how far away would you put 2 pc fans small 1s about 3-4 inch i think not 2 powerful..?

19. Well i would put them about 6 inches away, if your using two then put one about 4 inches away, and the other about a foot away for added circulation. You dont want to blow the plants down, but you want them to sway alittle.