1st Grow ever, White Widow, Sweet Diesel

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by manicmailman, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Whats up Grass City!

Information on my grow:

- Soil: HORTIBEC 3 IN 1 MIX. Description: A scientifically blended mix of peat humus, sphagnum peat moss and compost. This is the only soil I could get my hands on.
    - Lights: I have three 23 watt CFL's with reflectors. and I have one 13 watt CFL light in a lamp. They are all 6500k. I plan on puttin another 13 wat CFL in there.
    -Grow Setup: 31" Long, 20" Wide, and 15 " deep. PC fan air outake. No fan for intake, Just a whole where my cables go through. I have an old tempature/humidity meter that I think is atleast 3 degrees celsius off up or down all the time, but is accurate enough to measure big tempurture changes. I have a fan blowing on the plants. I should be getting my carbon filter soon.

I plan on topping both plants twice, and then Low stress training and/or scrog. Might do all 3. If a SCROG, I will use 2 seperate screens because I dont know if they are male or female yet, this way I will be able to pull a male out without disturbing the other plant.

I HAVE NO PH METER!!! the tips of the white widow are a little yellow, I can not get a PH meter, nor do I have any vegetation nutrients and what not. Leaves seem a little droopy, I dont think I am over watering or underwatering. I transplanted the white widow yesterday, hope this helps. ***Does anybody have and good home solutions for PH balance?????***************

Any suggestions/constructive criticism WELCOME!! Actually encouraged since im a first time grower. When I move out of my parents house I plan on having a better setup. Im pretty sure they know about this one, but im trying to keep it hidden. I want to veg with MH and flower with HPS, and grow hydroponics!!! I also wish I had more room.

Sweet Diesel Wednesday September 16th
    [​IMG]
    White Widow Monday, September 14th
    [​IMG]

Sweet Diesel Day 7 (september 23rd)
    [​IMG]

White Widow Day 9 (september 23rd)
    [​IMG]

Okay, this is my old setup, I vegged these guys under a 2500k, for 1 week. I know wrong spectrum for veg, but I had the light close.
    [​IMG]

And this is my new setup! alot nicer, but not good enough for flowering yet....YET! Later on if I have to I will cut holes through the top of my cabinet, to put the top of the lights through, giving my plants more room.
    [​IMG]

2. Well dude, I hate to see anyones thread go unanswered. It seems you've done some homework on growing. There are some things you can do to help bring ph up or down. But you have to know which way to go. Also, you are going to need nutrients when they get bigger.

I really don't approve of you growing in your parents home without their express permission. They could lose their house and go to jail if you fuck this up. I hope to God you haven't told any of your friends. This grow could be a serious mistake.

Let's face it dude, you aren't going to be able to get much out of this grow. It takes proper nutrients and equipment.

This grow is not worth losing your parents trust, believe me!

Take it down, or tell your parents what your up to. Those are the only two choices you have.

3. hmm.... seems like u really want to grow. i suggest u wait till u get ur own place or just make sure ur parents r somewhat cool with it at the least!! dont tell any friends especially immature (this rly depends on ur age) as if 1 will get pissed at u he can easily tell which will lead to problems.

u do have another option tho. usually outdoor grows will do much better in this type of situation i am kind of in the same scenario as u. so this is what im choosing to do

gl and make the SMART choice

4. My parents are pretty cool, I just didn't want them to know. My mom found it the other day, Im still growing them, will update this with some pictures. Im pretty sure my parents house would NOT get taken away for 2 plants, I live in Canada EH. Also Im an anti social 19 year old, so any friends I do have are reallly cool. ***this is mainly an experiment for the future, I will be moving out soon. Its really fun, the smoke is just a bonus, know what I mean?

5. I guess that's alright. If ur parents don't seem to mind then why not and ur govt is def more reasonable than here lol. Wish u luck and keep postin

6. lol... get a 100w hps it will work for veg and not much heat or some t5's, bigger pots and better soil, i recomend 1-3 gal using foxfarm ocean forest for the soil...
    i member my first grow. not much better, love the enthusiasm
    good luck

7. #7 manicmailman, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
    Camera batteries died! This is all I got, this is White Widow at 16 days...... I was wondering if I should put in some worm castings? Im still looking for a PH mter. I live in a small town. Downt want to wait amonth, and order online. I am currently looking for some bigger pots. Cant wait to try and top the white widow, probably in a week or 2. Then i'll LST, after topped twice.......if plant lives. Cant wait to start a proper grow, probably like in a year! ha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. #8 janemba, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
    it looks like ur ww has a nitrogen dificiency, its easy to correct just fertilize with N or N-P-K complet fertilizer, but dont take my word for it, google it, or even sulfur, hard to tell from the pic
    PH sulutions, pot ash, dolomite lime, aslo u can go cheap go to wallmat and pick up a pool cem tester, and check the ph of the water ur using, if its not out of wack (to low or to high) the pot ash or lime will corect it,

9. #9 janemba, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
    heres a white widow for u under a 250w Mh, also have black widow, blueberry, & hash plant

Attached Files:

• WW.jpg
      WW.jpg
      File size:
      210.8 KB
      Views:
  10. Hey man that plant looks great, I would like to veg my plants under MH, but that wont be for a long time yet, after this experiment grow im done for a cuple months, till I get a proper set up. Right now im just having some fun. Is that a support bar I see In you White Widow? Oh, I am going to try and find a PH meter, but so far the only way I can get one is ordering online, my buddy said he might be able to get one from his buddy, who grows a lot of MJ. I would drive to the city, but my license is suspended for anouther 4 months. Im thinking If I ask around enough I will find one.

11. im not bashing u, she looks cute, i just wanted u to look into it, u dont want it to be a proble down the road if it is a dideficiency

12. Good Luck With The Grow M8 ,,

13. I've got a ww grow started, put em under a 100w hps fitting yesterday.
    I'll let you know if it works well enough for you to bother too.

So far it seems to run with hardly any heat really, not sure yet if thats a good or a bad thing!
    lol

good luck.

14. Okay, I hope some people stop by my thread later to check out the updates im going to post! I have transplanted the Sweet Diesel, I plan on transplanting the White Widow ( I dont know why I ever thought to transplant it into a medium sized pot, I should have went right to big, oh well) After transplanting the Sweet Diesel, after 2 days in the big pot, it looked so much better, befor it looked like a little ball LOL, I guess alls it needed was room for roots. The White Widow still has some brown tips, but it is looking much more healthier. I guess so far one of my biggest mistakes in my first grow was not changing my plants to bigger pots right away, they were growing soooooo slow until I moved them into bigger pots, WOW what a difference. My othere noobie mistakes NOT BEING PREPARED!!!! Next grow Im going to make sure I have everything done first. If you have noticed the inside of my cabinet is actually half painted LOL this is because there used to be a shelf and i started my plants in the bottom, so I only painted the bottom, So i am growing in an unfinishhed cabinet. I also didn;t have the proper lights for the first week. maybe the biggest thing is I have no ph meter or veg nutes. BUT I do have flowering nutes lol. Anybody else know any other mistakes? Im on the hunt for batteries for my camera, I cant believe we don't have any laying around the house. Hope all is well to everyone and I hope some people stop by to comment after I show some updates!

15. Well, looks like no batteries today, but hopefully tomorow there will be some pictures!!

The White Widow is on its 3rd leaf set with the 4th coming along, I dont count the very 1st round leaves, or the first not round leaves because theres only 2 of them, i don;t know the proper way to do this, lol, the Sweet Diesel is on its second leaf set, with the third popping out. The current picture is of the White Widow on its second leaf set going on to the third one.

16. Okay, Okay, still no pictures but 100% sure of pictures today, both plants are looking so much nicer compared to before. I decided not to top or fimm the White Widow but instead I just Low Stress Trained it, I may or may not still use the scrog method, I bet it is very effective with Low Stress Training. Im going to let the Sweet Diesel grow a bit more before training, it has ALOT tighter nodes then the White Widow does, hence it is much much more shorter. Okay so PICTURES TODAY, in the evening I will post pictures, it is 12:30 pm right now where I live. It doesnt seem much people are following this but I DONT CARE haha. Maybe now that my plants look nicer people will be interested!:hello::hello::hello:

17. Okay, so after finnaly getting some batteries I took some pictures, now all I need is new camera cuz this one is a PIECE OF FU#!ING JUNK THAT IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS!!!! I had to take 143 pictures to get a few good ones. Oh Well.

SD
    [​IMG]

WW
    [​IMG]

WW
    [​IMG]

SD-left WW-right
    [​IMG]

WW
    [​IMG]

SD
    [​IMG]

WW
    [​IMG]

18. lookin good so far... lol hmmm... trying to picture the lst u did on the ww but these pics dont rly make it possible but w.e keep up the good work

19. Yeah I know camera sucks, tomorow Im going to borrow my friends 800 dollar camera just for the heck of it.

I also tied down the fan leaves to get some more light on the stem, I seem to remember someone doing this before, made sense to me so I went ahead and did it. next week (monday) will be a month into the grow, but they seem small so Im going to veg them for a couple weeks longer then intended, well I will see how they look, if there both female I hope to yield an ounce or more, I know I could veg for alot longer and yield more, but this is my first grow neways, so wutever, I want to start a new grow, with better soil, better lights, and with more preparation (PH meter, nicer cabinet, better nutrients, better thermametre, humidex thingy.........I plan to do alot more reading up as well, ((ive been feeding them with a very diluted Miracle Grwo bloom nutes, which was all I could get my hands on).

20. Okay here are some new, and better pictures.

WW
    [​IMG]

WW, there are actually 6 hooks in there but you can only see 5.
    [​IMG]

WW
    [​IMG]

SD
    [​IMG]

SD
    [​IMG]

SD
    [​IMG]