1St Grow Ever. Tell Me How They Look

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grow_green84, May 14, 2014.

1. I'm totally new and on my 1st grow. I'm curious from experienced ppl how they look and if they are growing fast enough and if I need to change anything. I think I'm going to feed for the 1st time this afternoon a small dose of nutes. General hydroponics grow box. In order I have a blue dream white widow g13 Pineapple Express and another blue dream the two smaller ones are about 5 days younger than the big ones. Also solar storm 440 is suppose to veg in a 6x6 area and flower in a 3x3 area. How many plants can I put in a 3x3 area and get good coverage from the 5watt diodes??. My ceiling is 8 1/2 foot tall in my grow room so I plan too let them get big since blue dream is a tall plant but will also do some LST and FIM them. How much taller will yet get in the flower stage? That way I know what height to switch them into flower. Thanks guys. Positive and neg feed back please I am trying too do it right the best I can.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400085860.764598.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400085881.513355.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400085894.946750.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400085905.146501.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400085919.912988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. They look like plants. Healthy ones at that. Just make sure when you take pictures in the future with LED, try to turn it off and turn your flash or another light on. If the plants had any kind of burn or deficiency, we wouldn't be able to tell very well, yet alone diagnose it. 

Also, why is your veg bigger than your flowering area? 

Also, to answer your how many plants question, it all depends. 

I grow one plant in a 4 x 4 and fill up the whole thing. 

3. I really don't know. California light works says they veg in a 6 x 6 and flower in a 3 x 3. I will post a few pics with my light off and my real lights on. Because I got a few plants with the leaves that are at the bottom that aren't jagged that r folded down kinda. So do you think flowering 5 plants under that light is too much?? I sure hope not cause that thing was pricey and it's 5 watts not 3 watts so I should get more power and penetration correct?? Dorm grows light that is a 400 watt led says that they can bet an 8 x 8 area. Thanks for the help guys.

4. Looking to get a led setup myself, going to follow your report ;)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

5. Everything is looking great right now I will post pictures in the morning when I get home of how much bigger they are gettig. I'm very pleased with my light so far.

6. Here are the girls after a week and two days under the solarstorm 440. The big blue dream and big white widow are 6 days older than the others and are about two and half weeks old but started out in my window ceil until my light came it. They are growing redic fast IMO. About a new node each day to day and a half it seems. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400706246.572607.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400706262.021220.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400706274.904795.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400706289.337883.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400706302.121279.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400706311.887954.jpg

7. Got home this morning and all the girls grew a lot over night but the leaves are curling up the edged. I took a pic of my blue dream for you guys too look at but they are all doing it. Here is the pic. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1400759824.270759.jpg

8. Issue with my blue dream. Every plant looks good. I think I want too feed nutes again but what is up with this one. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401323120.686815.jpg

9. I think it's overwatered. That's why the leaves are like that. Let it proper dry out before u next water it.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum
    Nice looking plants tho dude.

10. The soil kinda feels dry tho is the thing. I thought that too. And it's been 3 days since watering

11. Also do u think they are ready too move too the 5 gal smart pots I have now?? Or should I wait. Every plant is 2 nodes high above the 1st real leaves that have 3 leaves and some have 3 nodes above them

12. Water them once a week for the first 2-3 weeks. Then as they get bigger, they'll need more. They'll want double or more during flowering.

13. I'd move it to a 1 gallon first and let it grow into that first and then transplant into the final 5 gallon pot, veg for another week then switch to 12/12

14. Thanks for the help
    What about going too bigger pots tonight?? And how about I feed some quarter strength go box nutes fr general hydroponics or no??

15. #15 ST4YD33P, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    Before your slight bump in the road grow_green84, I would say they look great so far! Nice and healthy looking.

I'll be around to keep an eye out for future pictures! Following!

I would go to the 5 gallons once their 4-5 inches above the soil.

16. U defo need to put them into something bigger than those cups once they've got to 3 nodes so I'd say yes go for it and transplant tonight if you want.

And I wouldn't use nutes for the first 2 weeks.

17. Thanks guys. That one blue dream just gets worse each day all the others I'm pleased with. I'll post pics Saturday. Moved the 4 biggest too the big pots tonight.

18. With a 8 1/2 cieling whT height should I switch to flower?? Imma fim the next node