1st grow ever auto NL what to expect?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by n1ght5had3, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Hey all first time on here its my first post too :D

So I've germinated my seeds I got 2 autoflowering northern lights off herbies headshop

I planted them in some good soil (called pro grow I think) made for tomatoes

And they are under halogen lights for 24 hours a day and are about one inch from the sapplings

Now its sprouted and has two tiny leaves (not 5 leaf things just one) and the shell has came off leaving just a sappling :3 I feel so proud of my plants and want the best for them

What should I expect and do you have any tips for my plants

Cheers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

2. Side note at what age can you smell its marijuana and how strong will the smell be.
    Like will you smell it outside or just as you open my door?

There is no filter or box just 2 plants in a little bedroom upstairs

3. #3 snoopdog6502, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014

Ok first ditch the halogen lights. The make too much heat and put off the wrong spectrum of light for growing. They would be fine for growing lots of stems.

Get some compact florescent bulbs daylight spectrum or known as 6500K  Your plants will be much better off under them.

If the plants are in an upstairs bedroom then odor wont be too prevalent till half way through flowering so you have lots of time to resolve that.

4. Awesome thanks for the tip mate :3

5. I think I read somewhere led is good too is that right or is that a nogo cause I can get led bulbs no problem :3

6. that light should be cfl. u want as many watts as possible at lease 100w hps is better but produces lots of heat with autoflowers the dark period isnt needed so u could use hps without a tent for lower temps

nl auto plants will grow tall about 3ft or 1m

use a 1 or 2 gal pot

ona is great for neutralizing odors

7. I'll upload pictures of my girls and the pack I got my seeds in soon to get opinions on my first grow

Thanks for the advice all this seems like a cool forum hope I can help out here too :)

8. #9 n1ght5had3, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    Here are the seeds I got :3
    Anyone know if they are a decent smoke

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk IMG-20140119-00002.jpg IMG-20140119-00002.jpg

9. Northern Lights is one of the least producing smell plants there is. Normally they are a good smoke, but when it is auto they lose potency, so I really don't know. But when properly cures every weed is smokable :)But to see that, try playing Assassins Creed that I see on the picture. If it is hard, then yes, it is a great smoke x)Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong. That's perfection.If you are afraid to fall, you just fall 'cause you are afraid.

10. :p you really pay attention to the background lol :D and yeah hoping its a decent smoke I'll smoke nd play assasins creed or gta5 lol

11. Only time will tell. But my experience would say, any seed is as good as the grower. Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong. That's perfection.If you are afraid to fall, you just fall 'cause you are afraid.

12. #13 n1ght5had3, Jan 19, 2014
    My babies after 5 days on the dirt :3 germinated after 2 days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. #14 WDIK, Jan 19, 2014
    I will be interested in how yours start.  I will be starting the same strain from the same source in a week or so.

14. You only need to improve those lights. But besides that, they look goodDon't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong. That's perfection.If you are afraid to fall, you just fall 'cause you are afraid.

15. Update: The bulbs in the lamps are not halogen I'm pretty sure they are daylight spectrum led lights Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

16. They are growing beautifully have just grown a second set of leaves and are growing another set :D I moved them by a radiator and made a box with tinfoil inside for light they shot right up

Sent from my KFTT using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Send pics so we can ser, what you are talking about :)

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong. That's perfection.

18. looking good so far! and your not gonna have to worrh about the smell at all 1 your growing northern lights which is almost completely odorless and 2 even if they somehow smelled like a mofo theyd only really smell the last couple weeks of flower and some ona will take care of that... best of luck with your grow just faved this thread im interested ;)

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Grasscity Forum mobile app