1st Grow DWC + CFL + HPS

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gangstar1, Apr 6, 2008.

1. This is my first proper grow so i am going to start documenting everything now:

I have 5 plants growing ( all from random baggies ) under one 23w CFL 6500K light,
    Im planning on taking them all the way through vegetation under this light then taking clones of the females and flowering them under a 600W HPS... Reason i cant start them off under hps is because of space/stealth issues.

They were germinated just in a damp cloth, got arond 5/10 germinated.
    Started off in seed raising mix but recently changed them over to a mixture of potting mix and perlie, with clay balls at the bottom and drenched in old fish tank water and dutch master nutrients A+B...

I want as much feedback as possible...
    and i am planning on painting the inside of the chest perfect white either tomorrow or the next day...

Attached Files:

2. You are gonna be lacking a quite a bit of light for your vegging period, exactly how long did you intend to veg for?

3. Veg another three weeks under cfl 24/0 then moving under hps under 24/0 for 2 weeks then cut them back to 12/12 under hps to flower. Sound alright? Do u think i should try get another few lights in there or something?

Im pretty sure my seedlings are streching towards the light, can u tell in the pics? I'll get some better pics very soon.

and also i want to move one of the plants to my Bubbler setup, can someone explain how i should go about doing this? do i just gently pull the plant out with the root and wash it in ph corrrected water then insert it into the clay balls making sure the roots are touching the water level..

or maybe it would be easier just starting another seed off in there... if thats the case do i just germinate in a paper towel then once it sprouts place it on the clay balls then sort of water mist it every few days? Really wish i had bought rockwool cubes last time i went to the hydro shop, a lot easier i think.

anyway im out, peace

4. Some new pictures...
    got two more 23w 6500K CFL lights in there now, can feel the temp rise already.

babbies are growing nicely i think, have a bright green colour to their leaves:

Attached Files:

5. Your just sliding by with that much light. I would say no less than 100 watts per plant if you plan on vegging that long. BTW, id look into that light green apperance a little bit, Im not so sure if its a good thing.

6. About the bubble bucket, I think you can do it that way but when the plant is in rockwool, its alot easier. You dont want to set it too low, it leads to minor problems down the road, i learned from experiance, so just set it in so it looks normal then raise the water level so theyre just barely touching the roots. Then as time goes on, you slowly lower the water level to about half way at the end. Good luck with this grow buddy, you should check mine out, its quite similar if you ask me.

You want to make that light problem top priority though. I had light on my plant from the minute she sprouted and the nodes are about, _______ this far away from eachother. Now my plant is a little bush and the stem is about 1/4inch thick.

7. Like legal said...

100 watt per plant will get you there.... plus... Stretching is NOT a good thing... It means their readjusting themselves to get more light thus... poor lights conditions...

If you were doing a perpetual type thing and need TWO chambers; One for veg/mother and the other for flower id understand your space situation, but have you thought of using the bigger space ( I take it your not flowering in that chest with the seedlings) you where going to use for flower and get more CFLs?? Dont look like you got alot of space in that chest. Or t5 fixtures in the chest set up right would be bangin....

The 600Watter is in the other hand is not lacking in any sense of the word, so your cool when you get to your flowering !! And it WILL be a beauty of a sight :cry::D

You have my attention for the weeks to come so keep us posted, good luck and god speed!:smoking:

S.