1st Grow. Dry run for Hydro setup

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by goodpunk6, Mar 16, 2011.

1. I'm a novice! I bought a big 4x2x60'in tent and 2 8 site hydroponic dwc setups. I've got a carbon filter, inline duct fan, exhaust fan, appropriate ducting, a cool tube 400w HPS and MH setup, a wireless indoor outdoor thermometer/hygrometer, a TDS pen, and GH Micro bloom and Micro Gro. I also made a 15 site hydro cloner and have a 100w fluorescent setup for it as well.

I know what you're thinking! I'm a noob so what the hell am I doing with all this stuff? I bought this stuff for the future. Right now, I'm actually going to use a 5 gallon bucket I made for $20 by watching this link ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNO8nNV_Dd0]YouTube - Cheap Deep Water Culture Hydroponic System[/ame]).

I also just happened to own a 3 bulb spot light fixture with power cord. I modified the cups that the bulbs sat in by cutting them with metal sheers. Then I installed adapters in two of the cups. I kept the one in the middle the same because it has some black metal hoop installed in it. Its detachable but I think its for grounding the fixture. So I'll leave it there. I'm using 5 100w CFLs that output 1750 lumens each.

I figured I would only grow one plant in the bucket, but I might be open to getting another lid and making 3 3in holes.

I'm also thinking about painting the inside of the closet white. It already is, but can use a coat. Also, the overhead compartment will serve as a vegetative area down the line or maybe even sooner.

I'll be using some bag seeds.

Attached Files: