1st grow-couple simple questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weshawk5, Dec 15, 2009.

1. planning my first grow...3x3 grow space, 9 plants, 400watt mh/hps, sog method

-is this an ok number of plants for this method with my light
    -can i grow different strains at the same time...i was thinking 3 different strains that all grow to around the same height...ect

2. That sounds like a lot of plants to me. but if you dont know the sex of the seeds, then by all means plant that many. And you can grow as many strains as you want. just remember that they will look different when growing, some will be taller then others and may block some light, and some plants take longer to finish flowering. :bongin:

3. yea the only problem with that would probably be the different strains because you wouldnt know exaclty what each strains growth pattern is

but other than that it soundds good just keep note that in a sea of green plans are short

and be careful with those roots

4. Sounds like fun!! Lots of plants!! Make sure that in addition to your largest pots you have room for an oscillating fan for air ciruclation and anything else that may need to be set on the floor -- space can become a real issue (for everyone).

Another thing: I filled my veg space with my first grow - but i learned A LOT really early on (like first 2 weeks) and then I wanted to try to do it CORRECTLY -- but had no room in my beg space...

maybe consider starting 2 plants, and then the rest a few weeks behind - that way, you'll know what to expect a bit more, and if something were to go wrong (like pH problem, or Nute burn) it would likely only affect the first 2 plants, rather than all 9

just an idea -- I know it's exciting though, so don't expect you to actually do it :)