1st Grow Complete. Need Help Drying & Curing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by townbudz, May 5, 2006.

1. Can any one give me some helpful tips on the drying and curing of my first crop? :hello:
    I know I'm going to manicure first then hang upside down for about a week then.......... That is where I get stuck. Can any one help:confused:
    First off I want to thank you guys for the response, now I just heard I'm not even suppose to manicure first, I'm supposed to cut the bottom of the stalk then just hang upside down for two to three weeks. Then do my thing.
    Any truth to this.

2. Very simple.. when the stems snap, throw them in jars and shut them.. one to two weeks cure is great.. more is even better... You may want to slow the drying process down by reducing the airflow, throwing them into a paper bag, or box two or three days into the dryout time.. The slower they dry.. the better.. But don't stress.. it'll go just fine.. :)

3. ^ irieluv got it, plus a couple of important details:

- Don't pack the buds into the glass jars, nice and loose, no more than 3/4 full.

- Burp those buds daily. Open the glass jars each day, stirl the buds around gently to get fresh air all in there and let sit open for 20 minutes or so.

4. you can also place marbles on the bottom of the jar to increase airfllow for less chance of mold