1st grow coming up need as much help as possible

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BerryWeed, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Okay so I'm very knowledgeable about weed and have observed and been informed about lots of aspects of growing from many good growers along with tons of reading up on it but still not a season under my belt. I want to get going with this about 8 months from now either Portland or southern Washington indoor and outdoor plants both. Need some good seeds I can find online meaning kinds you grew personally from that seedbank that would be best for this climate, what type of lights to use, what kind of fertilizer and any other materials or techniques that will give me the best results. basically a list and grow guide of what will ensure me a dank crop. I realize a lot of things in this matter in general like you guys are probably gonna say read some other threads, get some indicas, get a book, I'll kill some plants the first time out and all that is fine and dandy but pit your self in my shoes like think of the first time you attempted to grow and the main things you wish you would have known.

2. I've always been partial to blueberry for how it grows and smokes and fox farm for nutrients and soil but what size lights how many and what kind of lights? for outdoor greenhouse in fruit bins or direct sunlight? should I just practice 4 way LST or other supercropping methods or a combination of them to get maximal production? I've been told of one neat trick to custom flavoring and boosting resin production is to sugar flush your weed with whatever flavored sugar stuff your trying to make the flavor like honey for honey flavored gooey resinous buds which I've actually smoked and was sooo dank. Really did that weed wonders like it was honey coated for real.

3. So you want to start your plants indoors then move them outside? Or have both indoor and outdoor grows?

4. Have both indoor and outdoor grows. 3 inside 3 outside or whatever the legal limit of Washington or Oregon is.

Well, your indoor setup should be based on both your budget and your indoor space. You outdoor grow should be planned ahead of time with an organic grow, in an area that is very secluded and hidden, and near a water source... or on private property. You want to have your holes in the ground with your soil mix set up ahead of time, while your outdoor plants are starting inside. You'll want them to be a foot tall or so before they go outside mid-May.

What sort of indoor space do you have, and what is your budget for equipment?

6. Its going to be a very small area I have to rent my own space for this since my moms not chill with me growing weed in the same house at her so I'll be living with her for the first few months which pushes this out a few months further so I'm gathering up a solid game plan until then. So I'm going with cheap as possible on space and grow stuff.

If cheap is the case, then plan for a closet grow using cfl's. Buy the 150w equivalent or larger if you can. 42-45 actual watt... white light for veg and soft light for flower... a mixture of both also works well. Get splitter extension cords and hang the bulbs on plug in fixtures with the splitter thing in each one. Using 4 bulbs per plant should be enough into flowering, but the more the better.

You also need to consider ventilation... this can be tricky if renting. If possible get a house to yourself... but if that costs too much in your area, find a place where you are on the top floor AND have attic access, that way you can send your exhaust out discreetly through the access panel (hopefully in a closet) without doing damage to any ceiling.

8. Hey Island Hippie thanks so much for your guidance I appreciate it a lot you just type what to do and I'll do it. I used to live in another small town in Oregon and then I moved out here to Portland I used to have lots of people to refer to in this scene but now kind of a loner out here. Your wisdom would really make my days until I can cherish it with my grow and concentrate making passion. I suffer from anxiety and depression nausea and ibs mainly among other mental disorders which have greatly hampered my friendship and relationship social skills. I take Lexapro antidepressants which help calm and clear my mind and make me numb to a lot of things that get me worked up then very depressed as a sober come down so to speak without the pills. So it makes it better but I'm looking to grow a few interesting strains specifically beneficial to my mental and physical problems. Something to put the life back in into me. Blueberry I've found to be excellent with a smooth light effect even with 20 percent ish THC levels and works good for anxiety and decent for nausea. What are some strains you really think I'll love for there effect or even for how pretty it is when it grows. Maybe a purple or a cbd rich strain.

9. I would love to do a closet grow if I get a space like that I will. Even if I end up with a bit bigger space I will probably try something like that. I'll probably look for weed friendly renters on craigslist or figure out a chill little pad next to where my mom moves to.

10. Okay gotta go to bed Island Hippie keep in touch you've already changed the life of a fellow weed enthusiast the possibilities are now endless.

11. Oh and kush, hawaiian, cinex, blue dream and tangerine dream are the ones that have the best feeling to them and I've smoked lots of strains I mean lots of strains in my day and some of them have an overwhelming head stone like trainwreck or sour diesel will get me stoned stupid under the right circumstances. I haven't even smoked in almost 9 months but I tear it up when I do. Trying to find more strains with subtly enjoyable effects and that provide euphoria to overcome the ocd, anxiety, depression, nausea and IBS that gets embedded into me through dealing with life and doing just about the best I can.

12. Im considering just doing a small closet grow in a small tool shed sized room which will be my house out in the woods ah southern washington. In that case id want small low producing strains like the auto flower ruderalis flo easy ryder etc right?