1st Grow, CFL's semi hydro

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Aor, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Hey Budslinger,

Im not too worried about the yellowing leaves, there arent that many, and the tops are looking healthy as. That said It annoys me that there could be something wrong with the plant. Ive had a look at the nute deficiency pages and pictures and stuff, and I can't particularly match it to one, but I think we will just water it with some trace elements every now and then, and hope that helps.

About the walls, I think you might be a bit confused here.... The top two pics in my last update were taken outside the box (These will be the last outside the box till harvest, big girl only just fits out the door!). The actual box is lined with Panda film, which seems to be doing the job pretty well. I was wondering if the mylar film made much difference, as it is more expensive than the panda films.

Anyway, thanks for your input buddy, hoept o hear from you again, late down the track...

2. Hey people,

Ive been looking at the sick plant pictures and nute deficiency pics. And from what I have seen and read, I believe the problem with my plant to be a) Mg Deficiency OR b) Under ferting.

From close examination of the pictures I have taken, I have noticed:

A yellowing of some lower leaves, this begins around the end and edges and seems to slowly progress up and inward on the leaf. Also the veins in the leaf remain green, while the material around them has gone yellow.

The yellowing also seems effect the middle blade of the leaf first, and then spread to the others.

The leaves also seem to be slightly curled at the edges.

On the other hand, I can't really see how it could be Mg deficient, the ferts we are using have got Mg and a whole host of other Trace elements.....

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated :wave:

3. good looking grow. Looks like you are well on your way to some dank!!!!!!

4. :D I hope so too roksoc! Thanks for stopping by

5. You are in need of a measuring device.
    Not that your plant does not look really good but...
    that stem is nowhere near 2 inches diameter.

6. Its a little known fact, buy my eyes are actually accurate down to 3 decimal places :p

Now back to the real world here.... Maybe its not 5cm diameter, but it sure is a damn sight more than 2.5cm. Ill get the calipers onto him next time :p, but It will surely be over 5cm y then, or I will have to eat my proverbial hat!!!

Thanks for stopping by anyhoo

7. Look at my coconut bong :D

[​IMG]

No it doesn't taste coconutty, and yes it works quite well!

Attached Files:

8. Nice plants you have there, and my oh my what a beautiful bong. :hello:

9. Got a bit of an update here....

This pic is of the vegbox, all the plants in there have grown a fair bit in the last week. Since this photo, we have modified the cupboard, we put a new shelf in, and mounted to old double flouro fitting on the bottom of said shelf. We now have 2 veg sections.

I havent got a good picture of the main plant, as I have only been about while its been sleeping, but I should be taking some more sometime soon.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Thought I would just post a little comparison shot, 1 weeks growth in the veg box. I think its a pretty good rate of growth. Opinions... anyone? fast or not?

The full size comparison shot is a nice 4524 x 1704 picture!! Gotta love photoshop :D

[​IMG]

Wise words from a wise Pengwen there I see :D

Attached Files:

11. Wow! Nice job so far. And your plants look great.Checking the first pics you posted about problems, yes, a MG def. The sharp looking edges on the leaves and the curling upwards like they are 'praying' is the tell tale sign. The slight wilting and droop maybe over watering. MG deficiency makes the leaves yellow as without MG, plants can't absorb N so hopefully you haven't been mega dosing with ferts as once the MG is fixed you might get massive fert burn from all the added N waiting in the soil. As for MG in your soil, I think MJ uses more MG than 'normal' plants as this problem pops up constantly. Mix up 1/2 teaspoon with a gallon of water and mist the leaves until they are dripping. If you don't see any improvement in three days, repeat the misting. DO NOT mist under your HPS as it could explode if mist hits the hot bulb. Move the plant out of the cupboard if you need to. Anyway, I see it is a week later so hopefully all is well with the plants. Love the coconut bong :)
    Keep it green, good luck and welcome to GC!

12. Just a bit of an update here, only got pics of the vegbox, because - as nearly always - the flowering box was asleep. The veg plants have grown a bit. as you can see.

Lucian: Im convinced it must be a Mg deficiency, im going to fix this with some trace elements eventually. Im not going to foliar feed the plant, any trace elements will be added in waterings. Oh btw, plant can't get out of the cupboard now, atleast not without cutting it up, so shes in there until harvest time.

For a bit of perspective on the picture, the large fan leaf at the top of the rear left plant, is a fair bit larger than my hand, its a bit of a mutant.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Update on the flowering plant:

I got to see the flowering plant in its awaken state for the first time in 2 weeks today. Its grown a bit, but only the heads really. We have had to train the taller heads, they were getting too close to the light. I hope they dont have much stretch left in them, we dont have room for very much.

Every few days theres a handful of dead leaves to remove from around the bottom of the plant, im going to put this down to the fact that they can't get any light down there.

Heres some pics:

First pic:
    This is the plant from the front (i took a piece off the cupboard to allow for some good pics) you can see all the heads, and how they have taken away from the "canopy" as such.

[​IMG]

Second pic: This is a vertical shot, you can't see the bottom well, but hey, who cares? The plant is a little over a meter tall, from the top of the "soil".
    [​IMG]

Third pic: This is after we trained it, although it doesnt look it, the heads tied out to the side are at the same level as the single one we left un tied in the middle, and then theres a whole lot of lower ones waiting to catch up. Theres alot of heads on this girl :D:D
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. What do you intend to do with these wonderful specimens once they have reached an optimum level of plantiness.

15. Ill do what everyone else on this website who grows does. I will admire the beauty of the fully mature buds. And then I will destroy them, because drugs are bad, and im a responsible adult!

16. looking good AOR, be smoking some filthy hot scunnaz soon. Im trying to take 1 day off smoking, fucking killing me. Take it easy playa

17. It is looking very good spode, it will be a while yet, this one wont be harvested until sometime in january i reckon. Yeap, a day off smokin is hard, thats for sure. Keep on roasting then buddy

18. You should grow a venus fly trap that big.

19. I dont think they make flies that big, you never know tho, they do breed em big down here

20. Just because it's called a venus fly trap doesn't mean it has to catch only flies. You could use it to catch small birds, and little children.