1st grow. CFL, rubbermaid, DNA Rocklock

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LateToClass, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Okay guys, so after 2 weeks here they are. I have 4 daylight CFL's and 1 soft white.. 27w each I believe.

The smallest one didn't shed it's seed shell for some reason and thats what stunted the growth I think..

I was thinking about topping my biggest 2 in the next few days? To soon?

No ferts yet getting fox farm or earth juice soon. Which is best? Earth juice is quite a bit cheaper.

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. Id say to let them grow about a week or two before you think about topping, but all in all its looking good

3. Now I have 3 23w daylights 2 42w daylights and 1 27w soft white. 45w per plant. Hopefully this speeds up my grow time. Ordered fox farms 3 pack this morning. Will be here next week then my girls will be introduced to ferts.

REALLY hope this all turns out well. Can't wait to see the finished product.. Plus my mom says if I make her brownies I can grow as long as I want!! Nice little boost to my income while in college. :D

I'll keep updating every so often

4. Just got approved to move into my own apartment! Signed the lease today. Move in the 1st.

Heres an updated pic. Fox farm stuff came today

Feeding on half strength

Attached Files:

5. Today's pic.

Attached Files:

6. Did Lst today..

First pics are before doing it... No comments or opinions?? Why would there be such a color difference between my two biggest plants?

Attached Files:

7. Lights

Attached Files:

8. I have noo idea about growing im 16 but that shit looks awesome!

9. Haha thanks man! It's a lot if fun I'm like a giddy little kid waiting for christmas morning!

10. Fimmed today.

Attached Files:

11. Starting to smell.. Distinct fuel/skunky smell. I'd like some advice or opinions

Attached Files:

12. The top just fell off my oldest girl. String cut off the circulation and ate it's way thru

13. #13 SmurfyBH, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    Hope we learned something today. Next time cut up a sock and put a sock between the string and plant if you think the string is fine enough to slice your babies, lol.

Also, I think there may be a way to get more lumen from your lights the way they are now. If you see how you have the power strip facing down, well if you mount it on the side of the rubbermaid box so the sockets face sideways and not down, you may be able to reposition your plugs 45* so they're all facing horizontal and you will get more bulb surface area in the plants direction.

Im going to try and find a picture to help explain what I just said.

It'll give you some more vertical space too.

14. Will my plant die? And okay cool I will try that when I make my new box

15. My biggest, is turning yellow and leaves are drooping. I know I'm not over feeding it because I only feed once every 3 days on half strength