1st grow, cfl, organic fingers crossed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 218budfan, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Well to start off I would like to say thanks GC and all its members for all the wonderful information you have provided it was of great help to me now and later.:gc_rocks:. Now to my grow I started 06/14/10 and before i found GC :mad: so my box is a lil rough but i plan to change it up asap sorry for cell phone pics
    [​IMG]
    I'm running 4 23w cfl's a bathroom fan to pull air out and keep it cool with a filter to keep some light in but also let air in. Now after learning all of my mistakes i will be getting rid of the filter and installing 2 fans that move about 200cfm air rate each(still looking) one for intake and exhaust. I also plan to install a diy carbon filter And 4 more lights with a custom light fixture. I also started with MG Organic choice potting soil which I know works but isn't the best. So as soon as i hit the 15 day mark I'm transplanting with a organic water only soil mix i got off of stonedchick (thank you I know you didnt come up with it but you showed me it so thank you). Once the plants have out grown this box they will move to another one for Flowering. I planted 12 seeds (Zonas) i do not expect all of them to pop day 2 06/16/10, 3 popped only pic of 2
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    on day 4 06/18/10 another 6 popped
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    as well as one that I'm sure is a male because the seed was completely white and i was told later that they are male
    [​IMG]
    I also removed him from one of the other cups so I'm sure the shock of transplanting so soon will kill him. The temps are a lil high 95 is the hottest it gets then drops back down to about 80 so the new fans are coming very very soon. I'm planning to LST them for a maximum harvest. The only thing i am having problems with is finding out what type of plant zona or Arizona is. Most people say its just a name people stamp on high mid grades or just mid grades. I will update with pics once or twice a week. Thank you all for looking any advice and comments is greatly appreciated. I will updating tonight with some new pics.

2. That's a new one to me. The color/shape/size of a specific seed doesn't indicate the future sex of the plant.

Definitely get some fans going, it sounds pretty warm in there.

Good luck!

3. #3 218budfan, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    Thats what I was thinking to but I figured I'l just listen n try see what happens.

Yeah it was way to hot so in the mean time I was able to put three pc fans (which droped the temps 7 degrees) for now till I get a better bigger fan.

Thanks for looking:wave:

4. Hello GC time for a update they are looking super health including the one that was transplanted as soon as it broke ground. This is day 6 (06/20/10)
    photo(8).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    The tallest one is about a inch and a half the shortest being about half a inch. I'm very happy with there growth and hope it keeps going this way.

I have a question what size pots do you guys think I should go with I only want them to get about 3 feet max height, and I wanna use square pots so it looks cleaner

I know I'm a lil late with the update but I got side tracked with life.

Thanks for looking:wave:

5. As far as pot sizes go, a lot of people like the 1 gallon per month of life or 1 gallon per foot tall generalizations. Does that make sense? Mayhap someone else will chime in with a more concrete rule or suggestion.

Your little ones look happy-make sure you keep the light source as close as possible to keep them from stretching. Those fans will help keep the temps manageable.
    :wave:

6. Thats kinda what I was thinking thanks.

7. what do you mean Zona plant or Arizona plant?

8. #8 218budfan, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    That's what they are calling this strain (in my area)for some reason I don't know why. I'm thinking that's just the name they throw on it when they don't know what it really is.

9. Oh lol. then its jsut bagseed :)
    You can get some dank tho !

10. lol yeah pretty much. The only thing I really know about it is it's an Indica thats about it

11. Here's an update :D sorry bout the crappy cell pics wife dropped the camera :(
    photo(12) 6:23:10.jpg
    photo(13) 6:23:10.jpg
    This is the one I transplanted early
    photo(14) 6:23:10.jpg
    And here's something weird this plant is way behind and is growing really really weird the leafs looked deformed.
    photo(16) 6:23:10.jpg

12. Well for those of you in the GC world that are following my grow here's a update.

These are the health ones
    photo(18) 6:30:10.jpg
    This is the deformed one it looks health but the leafs are growing irregular
    photo(20) 6:30:10.jpg
    Now here are the ones that aren't looking so good they all seem to be showing all the same things. First they droop then discoloration now with the yellow spotting. I thought it was over watering so i skipped watering it yesterday and when I checked them they were worse. But I also read that underwatering can show the same signs and when I checked them today the tips on the one that is looking the worse are dry to the point that when I touched it it crumbled. So I watered it till I saw some run off not a lot I'm gonna let them be for a couple days see how they do.
    photo(19) 6:30:10.jpg
    photo(17) 6:30:10.jpg
    I wanna say it's the cheap @$$ MG soil. I may be saying that just so I have something to blame lol. IDK what to do I'm gonna do some more searching but if anyone has any input thanks in advance.

13. last ones look like over watering, some nute difs too look like mine in MG

Are they turning yellow leaves up the stalk

14. Nope just the bottom leaves the top growth looks good but it might be making its way up idk.

15. #15 GermanPothead, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
    mine in MGOC the leaves form the bottom up are turning rust color and turnng to a crisp and dying idk if its the heat or what

but yurs look like overwatering from the droopage

16. I think thats the same problem I'm having. Man this sucks lol. I wish I found this site sooner I would be using better soil and my setup would be better. Thanks for the help

17. and your going to need more lights for those plants 100 actual watts for the first and 50 actual for each additional

18. I added 4 more 23 watt cfls in another two weeks I'm gonna add 4 more. I'm thinking about trying out a different light setup but I need something that runs cool n lets the plant get close cause of limited space about 2'.

19. cfls shud be inch to 4 inches away.
    but are you using 2700k bulbs or 6500k daylight cause i thot the 23watt was the flowering bulb the 2700k

20. Na its all 6500. When i go to flower I'm gonna put 4 of the lower spectrum bulbs