1ST Grow - CFL + HPS (Skunk Hybrids)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BloodyTreez, Feb 16, 2009.

1. i want some redhaired seeds, it looks so beautiful and people think its like way better because of it :p

lookin good Bloody, keep it up

2. I hope God will grace you with some beautiful, fertile females :D

Oh...and I hope your plants will be girls too :laughing:

3. lets see some pics bloody :D

also, your "plants" look more like trees, and i want to know how you do it ;)

4. Hi folks to all you good guys staying tuned to my first time noob indoor grow. I am kind of being a bum grower right now for the following reasons;

1. I have no PH tester:(
    2. I started 12/12 without changing to 2700k bulbs.:eek: (good news is they will be here tomorrow):p

Well with that out of the way, you know where I am at. Its been practically 2 long weeks of 12/12, and its been a little hectic. Well I am pleased to announce I have found only one male so far, and as glad as I am to find out, I was disappointed as it was the only pure jamaican skunk strain I had for certain:( So far only one female has shown her pistils. I am almost so sure the rest of them are all female because for sure, now I see how quickly males show their sex, the jamskunk was the youngest yet showed his sex the fastet. Grew pretty tall too. The smallest plant showed her sex as female. She is the only female showing sex 100%, well besides the haze clone which I know for sure is female. :D So thats 3 sexed, 4 to go.

I have been watering every 2 days or 3 max. I have fed partial nutes local stuff (tomato food-containing mg and ca) to all of the kids 1x per week with 1/4 strength.

I am so pissed with the bomboclott jamaican for being a boy, maybe I can use some of his pollen for a couple of low branch seeds from what I have been reading.

Question: How do I know when I can collect pollen? It seems to me that some of his sacks are busting out already.:eek: Please give some advice from the following pics I am no expert;

So here are pics of the boy :devious: and the girl:hello:

Attached Files:

5. #25 BloodyTreez, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    This is my first time and words alone can't express how excited I am about these kids GC. Once more thanks to all supportive members at GC, with great threads with intelligent reads and kind and helpful advice. Please continue to contribute in the way that you do so that we can all continue to learn from each other how to grow the best.:smoke:

Peace again to all who have tuned in to my little CFL grow. I have decided to keep this grow all cfl, thanks to some of the guys on here like Creeps who's grow has encouraged me and gives me the creeps with his beautiful bud off all cfl. :eek:
    With that in mind I continue this grow with all CFL for my first grow. My plants are all LST as well if you did not notice. I guess thats why it looks so tree like Matt.
    Here are the plants in the following order, with pics see if I can keep some dates in tact here.
    Temps at day are in the mid to high 70s, and at night in the upper 60's to low 70's. (Is that any good?)

Starting from left to right:->

The kids loooking like a mini SOG :hello:

Plant 1: Eldest plant 51days old (skunk x ?)

Plant 2: (Skunk x ?) 43 Days old

Plant 3:- (skunk ? Arizona Green????)The only female who showed her sex already. (Check previous post for pics)

Plant 4: Skunk x Haze Pheno 1 (no smell)- 39days old

Plant 5: Skunk x Haze Pheno2 (stinky skunk smell :))- 38days old

Plant 6: Haze-Sativa Clone: 45days old

So far I know the Sativa-haze clone and plant 3 are definite females. The rest are females who have not showed as yet. I figure since the damn jam was the youngest and showed his balls i hoped these girls all show their pistils by tomorrow :):smoke:

Thanks again for the updates, any questions...next post will be some pics of some blueberryxhaze I picked up a 1/2oz. :smoke: Some seriously dank shit, my cam don't do it enough justice, but I'll post some pics of some smoke in a bit. Peace out dudes, more femmes vibes this way please send em dis er way.:p

Attached Files:

6. Anyone can answer some questions in my above post?

Here is what I am smoking right now... Some caribbean sativa(red hairs) with some blueberry x haze :bongin: Got me twisted if I smoke too much...:D:metal:

Attached Files:

7. MALESSS!!!! KILLLLL THEMMMMM!!!

and what were your questions? and you dont need a pH tester, i have one now but my first too grows i didnt and it worked out just fine

8. Question: How do I know when I can collect pollen? It seems to me that some of his sacks are busting out already.:eek: Please give some advice from the following pics I am no expert; Can he pollinate my non flowering females who have just shown sex?

9. Well here is an update:(pics to come later)

My lights got here, so right now I am running 8-42W 2700k CFL- 336Watts + 8- 30W 6500K for a total of 576Watts. I think thats enough for the 5 plants I currently have. I really won't mind having only 4. For space reasons and of course the lights would be more effective too. :p Saving the HPS I purchased for my next grow, that way I have some experience and also I can compare difference in qualities of the bud grown under hps vs cfls. :smoking:

Plant 1: turned out to be a male.:mad: It was my favorite plant.
    Plant 2: Still have not shown sex. Got me a little worried, especially after putting all of that LST into the works. But I have my fingers crossed she is a she. ;)
    Plant 3: A nice girl she is, she is definitely flowering. She makes my day everyday.:p
    Plant 4: Skunk/Haze Pheno 1- appears to be a female, and I am happy.
    Plant 5: Skunk/Haze Pheno 2 -still no sign of sex-looking female.
    Plant 6: The haze-clone-already know she is a girl.

So there you have it folks so far: 2 of my plants have cancelled themselves out as boys. So down to 5 plants and I started with 9. Two males, One I gave away, and one died from a broken stem as a seedling.:cool:

Watering every 3 days, with Bio energy Liquid Organic Nitrogen Fertilizer, based on Amino acids, organic nitrogen (N)....w/v8.82%, and organic carbon (C) ...Biological Origin w/v 29.48%

Foilar Feeding once per week with Organic Black Gold Greenleaf 20-20-20 and Biolchim-Microcomplex trace element fertiliser.

Plants are growing insanely fast, and maintaining all that beautiful green. :D Pics to come of the girlys soon.

Peace to all, as usual thanks for staying tuned, and for the good general advice folks. Do have a good one.

10. sucks about the males, man. But your grow is still goin strong! Gotta love how much the plants grow when LST is involved. Its almost like they WANT to grow more healty and fast, lol.

I know what you mean when you say it would suck if plant 2 was a male after all the lst work done to it. That's what happened to my bushel :( she was beautiful, but turned out male. Eh, shit happens, right? You still got at least 3 confirmed females? Good enough for me!! lol

11. Yeah it does suck dude, especially when its the only one of that particular strain.:( But its all good. Thanks for stopping in, still waiting on plant 2. :confused:

Well here is an update folks thanks to all who have stayed tuned. Silent partners as well. :p

UPDATE DAY 59
    Watering every 2-3 days in the late early morning with Bio energy Liquid Organic Nitrogen Fertilizer, based on Amino acids, organic nitrogen (N)....w/v8.82%, and organic carbon (C) ...Biological Origin w/v 29.48%

Foilar Feeding once per week during beginning of night with Organic Black Gold Greenleaf 20-20-20 and Biolchim-Microcomplex trace element fertiliser.

Lighting: 12x42W 2700K CFLs = 504watts (32,400 lumens) + 6x30W 6500K CFLs =180watts (11,100 lumens)
    TOTAL: 684Watts (43,500 lumens)

Airflow: 1 22” Fan, intake and 1 pc fan outtake. Temps 78-85 day, 70-75 nights

All plants have been vegged in 1.5 gallon pots. And will be in 5gallon pots for flowering. Since I put in the 2700K lights they have been reacting beautifully, and really growing faster.

Plant1: Turned out to be a hermie. Got rid of him.

Plant2: Skunk x ?-56 days old. Still have not shown sex, with over 23 flowering spots it better be a girl. In a 5 gallon pot presently.

Plant3: Skunk x???-55 days old. First female to show sex, and has begun flowering. She is also the smallest plant, makes me wonder what strain she is. She has been transplanted to a 5 gallon pot yesterday, I hope that does not affect her flowering, she was on the brink of being root bound.

Plant4: Skunk/Haze Pheno1- 48days old (not smelly), has shown sex, needs to be transplanted to 5 gallon pot soon. A lighter green, and a bit bushier and taller growing than the next pheno.

Plant5: Skunk x Haze Pheno2- 46days old (stinky skunk smell), has shown sex, and been transplanted to a 5 gallon pot to increase her performance, so she can be all she can and flower away. See which one comes out better smelly or no smell. They both should be great.

Plant6: Sativa x Haze-CLONE- 50days old Well my first attempt at cloning and she has survived all the way to prove she is a girl, and has commenced flowering as well. Good thing too, since an incident occurred where her mother had to die. Growing outdoors you never know when something will turn up, its just unpredictable. So she is a survivor, I think I will take a cutting from her.

Questions:
    1. Is now a good time to take cuttings? I want to take cuttings from probably 3 of my plants.

2. How will this affect flowering/growth/budding if I only take one branch per plant?

Thanks for tuning in folks, with all of your combined advice and help, I am sure I can get some good smoke out of this first grow. All comments and advice has been greatly appreciated.

Updated PICS to come tonight when the camera gets back to me, when I watch pics of those guys on page 1 at day 30 and compare them now, its really amazing.
    Here is a pic of the Plant#2 who is now #1 and the one who has yet to show sex pictured at 1week ago.

stay tuned.....
    Patience is truly a virtue. :smoking:

Attached Files:

12. Picked up a quarter of some Blueberry x Haze. I really enjoy smoking this shit right now... took a few pics of the bud, even though as usual the camera never does justice! enjoy..:smoking:

Pics of plants to follow later when the lights come on. :D

peace, let me go spark up...:smoking:

Attached Files:

13. your weed is going to be better than that stuff haha

14. I hope so too...:D

Well so far I have actually been using the correct lights (2700K) for the last week) So the with the correct bulbs its been 1 week. I don't know how much of a difference it makes, but I am sure it does, if anyone cares to input on this please do..

Here are the pics:

So what do you guys think about my grow so far? I don't know I feel as if I should have let them veg a little longer. Please post some feed back. now let me go take a drink of some good ol' Johnny Walker, and take a toke, brb..:smoking:

Attached Files:

15. Pics of some plants I have growing outdoors. The weather just started getting nice, outdoors now. Plants are enjoying the weather. Blueberry seedlings, just 2 weeks old. One skunk x haze hybrid - 6 weeks old, was damaged as a seedling, topped 3 days ago. Nothing beats the outdoors man, especially in the sunny caribbean.

The girls are flowering nicely, especially the clone, and skunk hybrid. :D Will post some pics in about a week. Thanks for staying tuned peeps. :smoking:

Attached Files:

16. you grow indo and outdoor?

17. well a friend and myself ventured into doing it about 2 months ago when I first started growing. So technically its his grow outdoors, and I am just chiming along, making sure everything is done correct. :D (as if I am some kind of pro...)

Well this morning we visited our stealth-guerilla grow. lol And took some shots of some of the kids!

here are a few pics, apparently of the 20+ plants groing outside, just about a handful are flowering. Got rid of 2 males today as well.:smoking:

Took some pollen off the only Jamaican skunk male/ plant. The indoor kids are doing good as well, will post some flowering pics soon. At what point does a plant move from actual flowering to budding. Once you go to 12/12 to determine sex, how soon after sex is determined does a girl begin flowering/budding???

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      433.3 KB
      Views:
    • big.jpg
      big.jpg
      File size:
      647.9 KB
      Views:
    • big1.jpg
      big1.jpg
      File size:
      421.1 KB
      Views:
    • head.jpg
      head.jpg
      File size:
      236.8 KB
      Views:
    • head2.jpg
      head2.jpg
      File size:
      247.5 KB
      Views:
  18. well I've been flowering for something like 23 days now and I only just started seeing little buds here n there like a few days ago. so around 3 weeks I'd say. this is my first grow though, so...
    GL with all your plants meng :)

19. thanks for that lil info there dude, so hmm. got me thinking now....So when harvest time is mentioned: e.g. 7-9weeks - is that the time from flowering to bud. Or from baby bud to full mature ready to cut bud? lol....I don't know, just so excited to see this happening for the first time for myself on my own plants.:hello: Sorry if I seem to excited to some of you guys, but I am thrilled, its like the hobby that I should have started so long ago..got to make up for it now.:smoking:

Pics to come in a week or so when I start seeing some buds- hopefully:eek:

20. #40 BloodyTreez, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    Well its been a long time coming! I have not updated in almost an entire month. Its practically a month now since flowering have commenced. So far it seems I have 2 fast bloomers and a couple of late starters. I originally germinated 9 seeds, of which 7 showed female, one male and one hermie. So far the Haze hybrids are the slowest and have actually just begun flowering seriously after almost a month.

Plant 1:- from those of you who have followed me thus far, turned out to be a Hermie.. so I put him outside away from the rest of plants. Removed the metal clips I used for LST and let him go. You can see from the following pic how she turned out outdoors. :)

You can check the updated pics of them here...My first Grow - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery