1st grow/cfl/blue mtn jamaican

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by purp_kush, Oct 9, 2007.

1. hows it going =)
    first grow
    wish me luck

"so the dimensions of the box once again:
    23.5 inches high/29.5 if i take out the bottom piece of wood
    17 inches across"
    i am growing currently germinating 4 blue mountain jamaican seeds and hope to have a successful grow of 2 plants in this box
    i plan to use lst or scog

soil= generic from garden words
    light= 2 cfl's ( 27 watt ( philips daylight )
    water= clearly pure demineralized water

i am using slurpee cups instead of dixie cups
    i drilled more than enough holes in the bottom for drainage

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. update:
    3 seeds have a little taproot poking out of them
    its only like 5 centimetres long, is this good enough??

thanks
    p.s. d/w cupcheck i am gonna take the foil down i swear! :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. You're probably gonna need at least 2 more lights, but that looks fine for now.

Make sure you only veg your plants for like 2 weeks or they'll get way too big for those cups.

Those seeds also look ready to go in the soil, i would try to plant them soon, like now.

Good luck.

4. well i was gonna transfer them to a bigger plant, is that better than vegging them for 2 weeks?

5. If you're gonna put them in a bigger pot, then you can veg them as long as you want... you just dont want your plants to get too big for the soil or the roots wont get enough oxygen and they'll rot.

Transfering to bigger pot is definetely better than vegging for 2 weeks.

P.S.: Vegetating starts when you see the first two serrated vegetative leaves (not the round embryonic ones)

6. ok i planted them in the soil and closed up the box
    when i see the seed sprouting out the top i put the lights on 24/7?
    i accidentally dropped one in the soil with the taproot sticking sideways
    how bad is this? should i take it out and put it back in facing down or just leave it un disturbed

7. come on 36 views
    anyone.......

8. hey man whats up you should check out my pc grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/180107-krazy-tokas-grow-journal.html

a few things that i saw when i checked out your box is that its bigger then mine and your using half the amount of lights i am using. Id really recommend even getting a 100w HPS/MH or a bunch more CFLs and have them all over the walls.
    Other then that you should get those babies in the soil they look all set. good luck ill be stopping by frequently.

9. i just veged my seeds in papertowel with super thrive (i actually bought the stuff this year) and its working good. after veg i droped tap root seeds into soil at whichever angle i wanted, and i have had 8 sprouts that i am keeping, i am also veging some poppys but they havent vegged yet and planted some straight up to see if they sprout

im using 3 100 watt equilaent daylight cfls and mylar and carboard, its a pretty nifty setup, but hard to take pictures of

10. cool! yeah i have 6 daylight cfl's i just didnt have enough sockets for them but i found out theres something you can plug lights into that just plugs into an extension cord or w/e.

they have been placed in soil and i planted one more

now i wait till they sprout out of soil and put light on 24/7??
    thanks
    ill check out that pc grow journal now

11. out with the foil and in with the paper
    temp until i get mylar
    just normal paper is ok right? i hope so, it took so long to cover every spot with white..
    another seed germinated so i planted it and named it lisa (i like the picture on the front of the cup of lisa holding the plant [ironic] )
    the two cfl's are also temporary until i get more sockets to plug lightbulbs into and iam working on ventilation..

lemme know what you think!

p.s. some kush shots at the end for ya

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/purp_kush/100_2444.jpg[/IMG
    [IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/purp_kush/100_2451.jpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. how long does it usually take for the seed to sprout out the soil?

13. anyone have any comments..anything..
    i fiend for these posts

14. 3-4 days sometimes more.

15. u p d a t e:
    Bart has sprouted!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i now put him under 24 hours of light
    cool cool
    when do i first give him water??

16. to ensure i am going to be using the right amount of light
    i was thinking

3 lights per plant
    "philips marathon mini twister light bulbs (2 pack) only 9.99 from london drugs
    and thats 27w/1750 lumens

so 3 of those on each plant (5250 lumens) is enough for successful growth? and then switch it to 2700k when vegging?

17. update:
    noticed how hot the grow box got so fast, needed something quick so i cut up a desktop clip fan to fit in the box
    this will be a temp solution until i get the computer fans
    here come the pics..

can you spot the box??
    [​IMG]

lemme slide open the door
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some feedback would be really appreciated as i really need help with this grow
    thnx all

18. update:

getting very frusturated, i need to get to the hardware store and buy those socket to outlet things fast as i only have 2 sockets and no other lamps i can destroy..

3 plants currently in grow box only under 2 27 watt daylight cfl's

bart, homer, and master chief
    lisa is still waiting to sprout

what do i do about homer leaning to one side? i was thinking dental floss across the top of the cup
    whens a good time to transplant to bigger pots?

p.s. i only intend to have 3 plants in this box

[​IMG]
    master chief // bart // homer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    master chief
    [​IMG]
    bart
    [​IMG]
    homer
    [​IMG]
    bart

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Good going with the white paper, seems like a lotta work, gj

That fan should be fine for another week or so but you should try to get the CPU fans along the sides of the box as soon as possible.

You shouldn't need to transplant for another 2-3 weeks, really depends on how fast your plants are groing. Even then, you can transplant pretty much till flowering starts without more than a week's delay in growth. But earlier is always better, as long as the plants dont get shocked much by the transplant (change in environment).

Good Luck.

20. I wanted to do LST, if i start the lst in the cup will i be able to transplant it into a pot in 1-2 weeks?
    And when is a good time to start watering them?
    i still dont have a proper ph meter..should i not water them until i get it??