1st grow...can i have some feedback?(LOTS OF PICS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eternalglory, May 19, 2008.

1. highall-first grow ever...long time smoker, etc. etc. soo i started on april 7th. 6 seeds...only 5 broke soil. this was kinda of a feel it out test grow, if i dont get what i plan then im not gonna be that upset. ((aka i cheaped out on bulbs, soil, and pot))-so please dont give any negative feedback. everybody has to start somewhere, and i was on a veryy low budget. BUT i def want to learn new techni. and continue to learn as much as i possibly can about cultivation of da ganja plant.

basically im working with a 2 foot deep, 4 1/2 foot tall, 5 foot wide area in my closet.
    * i later learned that i should of used a larger pot than i have, and probably not the same type of pot either due to the fact that roots are precious and need space to grow*

i bought a single unit pot that is rectangular that is like...5 inch deep 5 feet long and about 6 inches tall. this pot seems to be working just fine 6 weeks later. I used miracle grow even thou its not recc. but some people said it works fine, next grow im buying the real shit.

lightwise-i got what i could, aka took some from my work

1-48" fluro
    2-24" fluro
    2-24" grow fluro
    3-100 watt CFL that i later added to the grow about 3 weeks into it.

watering it on my own everyday with tap

due to time constraints i have to start flowering them early even thou their not that old-im moving out into a house next month where i can start overrrr with reall stuff and space-ive read thats alright as long as their not too young.
    Veg time-4/2--->5/13
    Flowering-5/13--->6/22 or ill bring them to the house for a few more weeks.

ive been keeping a phot/journal and journal
    basically i just want feedback and help since this is my first
    id like to be able to know sex if anyone can help out...or is it too early?
    ps. sorry the pics are shotty, its from my camera phone

4/7
    [​IMG]

4/16
    [​IMG]

4/26
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4/30
    [​IMG]

5/5
    [​IMG]

5/11
    [​IMG]

flowerin started

5/18
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. if this isnt sufficient enough to tell sex..ill take more, just lemme know

3. for sexing you should take close ups of the nodes. :)

4. The plants need some more time to show sex, probably (like 1-2 weeks more). Also, you project that you'll finish flowering about 5 weeks after changing light cycles. To get pot, you'll need 4 more weeks, at the least, depending on strain. I'm not just saying this, either. I know there are a lot of things you'll read about growing online that are way over-exagerated, but flowering time is not one of them. You cannot hurry it up, it just needs to happen. And 5 weeks isn't enuff time. It's just not.

E4A2S

5. how much soil do have in there, they look like they could use bigger pots.

6. milford hogan-about 6-7 inches of soil...just about to the bottom of were the baby leaves were once before they died off. they could for sure go bigger but i dont wanna do any of that because this is a budget

enuf-i totally undestand what your saying..def need more time to flower. i was saying that if eveyrhting looks good in 5 weeks ill decide if i want to keep flowering, or start my new grow.

someone plesaseeeee tell me this is a male so i can yank..
    i know its hard to see but thats all i got..im almost 100% its a male(2 actually are)
    5/20
    [​IMG]
    5/18
    [​IMG]

7. kind of blurry but the first pic looks like a male and the second a female

8. I'd have to say that the second also looks like a male too, sorry man!

9. Definitely both males

10. No doubt both of those were males...actually 3 of my 5 were males:mad::( id have to say it was rather depressing chopping them down last night.
    oh well-at least i still have two. i chopped them last night and made some delicious bubble hash thanks to hashmouf's guide.:hello:

ill post some pictures later when im off work or something.

yummm bubble hashhh:D haa

11. Ohh and i bought a Cannabis Cultivation book-that kinda helped out determine the sex of the plants..and is def helping with the my next project-it gets down to detail.

but heres something i didnt know..in case someone else has trouble telling the sex of their plant...

Book: Cannabis Cultivation
    Author: Mel Thomas

"
    Even though both male and female cannabis species will have pre-flowers, it is usually easy to tell the sex of a plant. Male plants will show their sex earlier than females with clusters of small, green balls on stalks that open to reveal white petals."

so i pretty much assumed that if their showing sex w/ a week of flowering that their male, and they were

12. the cats paw type node(looks like the underside of a cat paw aka the pads) is a sure sign of a male

13. been awhile since my last post i suppose..feels like it, i wish this was a quicker process haaa:rolleyes:

but its been 10 days into flowering..week 3 days through june 22nd probably longer if possible..im impressed with miracle grow despite how much people say dont use

heres eye candy

before..5/21
    [​IMG]

After..
    [​IMG]

single female
    [​IMG]

both females
    [​IMG]

clippings
    [​IMG]

some sort of hash haaa (props to hashmouf)
    [​IMG]

let flowering begin
    [​IMG]

...10 days later 5/28...easily grew 2-3 inches..

grow room
    [​IMG]

left..citrus smell
    [​IMG]

right..STANK ass smell
    [​IMG]

close upish hairs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yumm buds pleasee..thank youuu
    see you in a few dazeee homies

14. do you spray the leaves?

15. yeas ive been periodically spraying them with water every other dayish...with regular water
    soon to stop before buds come in...i dont want bud rot on anything

can someone help me out with the whole molasses thing? how much is supposed to be used and when?

16. do you even get any hash back from making it from male plants?? I just toss male plants in the garbage once I have collected my pollen... sometimes male flowers will produce very small trichomes... not even to make good hash tho... JMO

17. you wanna use the molasses i think its 1 tbl spoon per gallon of water when u flush ur plant to make sure u have no chemmy tastin buds. the ratio of water is 3 gallons to every one gallon of pot. ur supposed to do this like a week or so before harvest. let me know

18. high all
    barry---no nutes have been added..is there still salt/mineral buildup from the Miracle-Gro potting soil?

sheeba---hash was shitty..haha male plants are worthless(trace amounts of THC)..i plan on doing the same thing again when these little girls are done growing up.:hello:

does anyone know the lumens output of 100 watt CFL's?

some head funk ak strain..realll fluffy:smoke:
    [​IMG]

19. highhh all--been a few days since an update. everything is going well i suppose..looks yummyy:hello::hello::D

do i need to flush these plants even if i didnt use nutes?

5/29
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. im nit sure if u have to flush it, but i would so u can add ur molasses just my 2 cents