1st grow box - 250W: I can't wait for harvest!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by alexjp, Apr 29, 2011.

1. totally man! The number the breeder gives you is completely bogus. add at least a week or two and that should be a little more accurate.

2. i bet the suspense is killing you!

3. it's like torture really.

hey, does anyone know if i can sample something in my volcano before it's dry? i've tried a couple of lower nugs and they gave almost no effect. Did anybody get lucky with the leaves or something else?

4. Man just get yourself some bud from your usual source to keep your hands off your plant :D
    After a good drying and curing phase youll have the best ganja you can get.
    These small nugs might still swell, so by trying buds now, you're basically reducing your yield.

5. How does your Skunk#1 smell at this stage? I remember mine was wilting and drying for some reason and the odor was getting very mild around the 7th week...

6. --61 days of 12/12--

still no sign of amber trichomes, but there seem to be an increase in the number of trichs overall so that's a good sign I guess. Some of the buds are now enormous. More THC coming my way ;)

Attached Files:

7. I just smelled around and I dont think the Skunk#1 has less odor than before. If anything, the Critical is smelling less, but I also think I'm getting used to the smell in general so it's difficult to be sure. Also, I also noticed that the plants stink much more when the ambient temps are higher and the last few days have been cooler here...

hey Greenops, where is that smoke report anyway? :)

8. I know you are right, but it's not a big deal for me since it's clear that I'll end up with more than my friends and I can smoke in 1 year after this harvest. ;)

This was just my first trial but since it seems to be going well, I'll go for better strains next time. I'll probably do just 2 or 3 plants though. It's just a lot less work and probably still more than enough end product.

I was thinking Super Lemon Haze and some other haze or Sativa... any recommendation?

9. Just incredible JP! I still can't believe how fat those nugs have gotten off of just a 250 watter. You've nailed this one, that's for sure. Any predictions on your final weight? Are you aiming for 1 gram for ever watt? That's what I'd eventually like to achieve.

As for a nice Sativa/Haze, I would most certainly look into S.A.G.E. by TH Seeds. If you go to the attitude they've got a nice little write up on it as well as a video clip of a TH Seeds representative talking a little more in depth about the strain. I've not had any experiences with it but got a seed as a freebie awhile back and plan on growing it out for my next run.

10. Wow that's amazing, I remember SAGE from my days back in Amsterdam (used to live there for years). It was always one of my favorites at my local coffeeshop. I forgot about it and didn't think I would find it (much less grow it) but it's definitely an amazing smoke. Very euphoric and great body high I remember.

Thanks for the tip Ponsrow, this will be my next duo: 1x Super Lemon Haze and 1x SAGE :)

only 2 plants this time, as the flowering time will be much longer.

Not sure about final weight though. I don't have any experience but there are about 20 "big" tops and 15 small and medium ones, so I'm hoping for 150 grams at least.

:smoke:

11. It's lookin good, brotha. It's gettin' niice and frosty in here. Stoked to see some pics of the drying process and final product.

Keep it up!

12. Ya brotha! I can't wait to watch your SAGE grow out. It'll let me know what I've got in store for next round. When are you ordering your beans? If you can wait till the first week of august Attitude usually has promos around that time of the month.

13. --63 days of 12/12--

I decided to take a sample of the Skunk#1 to test what people are saying about best harvest time (I'm looking for "clear high", and so wanted to harvest a bit early), and was surprised to see lots of amber trichomes I did not see before!
    It's just very difficult to see anything under the HPS, but once on my table, it was clear this one was ready.

So naturally I took more samples, but they had mostly cloudy trichs and almost no amber (some clear trichs still) so that's too early.

Ha well, no big deal, I have tons left and now I can compare first hand the different levels of maturity.

Attached Files:

14. That's a great idea man! I've always wanted to try this but am unable due to my grow cab being my drying cab as well. I'm looking forward to hearing your comparison. You can read till your eyes bleed but there's nothing like actually going out and doing it.

15. first (early) smoke report

ok after about 2 days of drying (i know, it's too early), I'm testing the sativa sample that had a lot of amber trichs...

Man, the volcano really helps at this stage! I just drop a popcorn nug whole in the chamber and light it up. The good news is that we have THC! The taste is almost the same as the dried stuff and it's definitely getting the job done. I'm baked. I won't go into crazy descriptions and adjectives, but it's better than anything I can buy right now, so i'm very happy. :smoke:

Now the buds are so heavy that I found 3 or 4 fell under their own weight. That must be a good sign. I'm starting to see some amber trichs on all buds, so I'll check again when I'm more sober, but it looks like I could be doing some more (partial) harversting tonight.

will post picts later today.

16. It's been 9 weeks now. I say you give her the ol' dark period and chop her down.

17. --65th day of 12/12--

critical and wappa still seem a bit behind, but it's clearly chopping time for Skunk #1! I'll post the picts in a bit...

Attached Files:

18. Sativa is down. Volcano is up.

Attached Files:

19. Lucky you, they look yummy. What are you doing with sugar leaves/tiny popcorn nugs? :) Anything in mind or no?

20. first picts!

Looks like quite a lot of weed already, and I've got at least 3x the same amount coming up within a day or two... It's going to be a nice harvest!

my free tip for cleaning your hands after 2 hours handling sticky bud: massage your hands and fingers with vegetable oil for 5 min, then rinse, then wash with dish soap, rinse, and finally wash with hand soap, rinse. Voila. no trace of smell.

:smoke:

Attached Files: