1st Grow. Beginner. Help Please.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Msalah, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Hello,
    This is my first grow. I need your help to diagnose a problem. My plant is healthy as you guys can see. Its not wilting and its a nice green color. Its 13 days old and it hasnt grown in 4 days. Im especially worried because i grew a plant before this and it did the exact same thing at the exact same age and never grew out of it. Its 30 days old now and is still the size of the plant you see in the photos. Im using a MarsHydro 300w LED, growing in a coco based potting mix. Watered with RO water since germination and I fed it yesterday with a very weak nutrient solution to rule out nute def. Temps in my tent get a bit high, 90-95 degrees, but i have an inline fan venting out heat and 2 fans inside for good airflow. Humidity is 30-40%. The summer here gets very hot. I have flora trio. I think its either the temp or the soil. Can anyone please help me find out why they always stop growing at the same time? How can i get her growing again?

2. my opinion is your humidity is too low and its making it difficult for them to grow as seedlings. What i started doing was I took a plastic pop bottle, 20 oz, and cut the bottom half of it off. Pop a tiny air hole in the top of it and place it over the seedling. You have a cheap, easy humidity dome. After I started doing this I haven't lost a single seedling :)

3. Jmans prob got it , seedlings grow much better with higher humidity

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. humidity? can it really have such an debilitating effect? Also you think spraying the inside of the tent once or twice a day would be enough?

5. I've never had them stop growing because of humidity , but It it defiantly effects there growth rate. Have you reported or anything ? May be concentrating on root growth

6. I considered that they might be growing roots, but this happened before with a plant at the exact same time and it never grew past that size. I'm hoping to help this one early and get it to grow before its too late.

7. Higher your lights or lower plant and rotate bucket 6 times a day untill 6" tall set up a pc fan a gentle one a foot away and it will fly

8. And this

9. i'll lower the plants, but why rotate the pot?

10. E
    the philosophy iv found when my babys dont grow up i spin spin and as they lean throughout the day towards the light then u spin pot, leans again spin pot promotes stem strength and growth not alot but noticable in plants that stump in growth i have found

11. Ull see the impact it has or do som low stress training same sort of idea

12. This one stopped so i hung right of light and it reaches left i spin reaches left i spin starting growing again 2days ago

Attached Files:

13. Why can everyone see the pics except me lol

14. I moved the tent to a different place, which takes care of the temperature problem. Im misting the plants daily, keeping an eye on the humidity and moved them slightly farther from the light. Ill keep you updated. Thanks for the help.

15. Some people put a bowl of water in their grow space to increase humidity.

16. This is the plant that I mentioned stopped growing and never started again, if anyone can diagnose what happened here it will help me to prevent it from happening again to my current grow. Remember this plant you see in the photo is now 30 DAYS OLD.

17. Can't see pic

18. is there a different way for me to upload the photo so everyone can see it?

19. File upload site then link it and mate pin it down let it stretch for light maybe also soil too tight not enough air maybe