1st Grow bagseed with mg led and cfl...any advice is help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dezkreationz, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Hey GC,
    This is my first grow and i started with miracle grow and its been 4 days so far with
    an led bulb that uses 3.5 watts and i also have a 42 watt cfl on 2 bag seeds. Like i said this is my first grow so im starting with bagseed and miracle grow. i am going to get some fox farm pretty soon or if anyone has other suggestions for the soil i should get before my 1st transplant. i do plan on getting pearlite and need to get nutes and more lights what ever to get the highest yeild and potentcy obviously would amazing! im not expecting the best out of my first grow but i am on the learning curve

Any help with what i should do from here on out would be great! Thanks GC

Attached Files:

2. your led is pretty sweet...

you need to get rid of your miracle grow(personal opinion) you should look into what people say about the stuff though... they say it works great and then one day you wake up and your plant is totally light green, dried up leaves and then your going to be posting "please help!!!!!"

miracle grow has slow release nutes in the bag... they usually release all at one time..... then your plant goes into nitrogen shock.... just look at a few posts for a while and you'll see what im talking about..... fox farms is pretty good people have good stuff to say about it...

rumple suggests making super soil.... basically once its mixed you just add water or something like that and wait two weeks for decomposition and then you basically only need ph corrected water and you make sure the plant is wet and you get a great plant(pulling this from a read two months ago)

i don't know how to transplant and how to wash your roots.... but you could always just do the old wait and see method...... I could be talking out of my ass but i would start reading alot of info on it just in case..... if im wrong just trying to look out

good luck

3. Yeah i plan on getting some fox farm pretty soon. i was also thinking of adding worm castings to whatever soil i use. and as far as the mix it sounds pretty rewarding. what does the mix consist of? i also need more light what do u think i should start looking to get?

4. definately add castings. A little goes a long way. You only need 15%.
    With perlite, you can never add too much. 30%, cannabis loves good drainage.

I would start looking to get a HPS for denser nugs. Buy a little at a time and before long you will have a nice setup.
    Peace.

5. I used CFL's for all of my previous grows in conjunction with the fox farm line up. I always had good results so as long as you take care of them you can still get some amazing shit. For example this first picture here was grown from bagseed found under my cars floor mat with CFL's and Fox Farm. Also in my sig there is my video of my querkle dresser grow that also turned out great using CFL's. It can be done cheaply with good results, just say no to miracle grow.

Attached Files:

6. yeah man fox farm is muh shit, invest in some dank nutrients. Bloodmeal, Bat Guano, mycorrhizae and castings.
    These are some good investments, Fox Farm soil already has plenty of nutrients in it as well plus its sooo fluffy and truly is some dank soil I'd stick my dick in it but I dont want dirt in my penis hahaha jk im still a little tipsy plz dont judge meh.

7. HA HA i'd have to mention that this is great experience!

So far i have invested in one more led bulb which is $10 from wal mart
    201 lumens
    3.5 watts energy use
    5600k daylight

wait let me take hit of this guamboo! :smoking:

Alright now where is my best bet to get some fox farm or i might even do a mix (its a possibility...if all i had to do was add water im pretty sure i would have a better chance to succeed with this grow). but where could i find the materials to do this?

Also im not to sure what i should do from here on out? What size tub should transplant into? should i go straight into a 5 gallon?

i have some pics coming up tonight thanks GC

8. well... i got a 90 watt for 100$ thats 1.10$ a watt or somethin ur getting like 3$ a watt:hello:

9. Hello all,

Sorry i haven't uploaded the pics. I have some pretty nice ones for you coming soon!

Update:
    Theses guys which hopefully are females (ha ha don't know why i named them guy 1 and guy 2 ha ha) [​IMG] . these guys are looking great in my eye. Guy 1 had a little fall yesterday. I gently packed the soil around the stem and piled soil about 1/4 inch up to temporarily support the stem. I also got pearlite yesterday as well.

I am getting 5 gal just home depot buckets to transplant into.

Questions I have for all of you:
    Whats a good mixture I could use with miracle grow? I'll add whatever i need to add to make a good soil mixture and good for these plants. I understand that MG isn't all that great anyway. I'm just starting so i am building my gardening supply! [​IMG] And on a budget :(

If i can not find a good mixture that i could use with mg i will just add some pearlite in the 5 gal bucket and see how that goes.

Do you guys think I should do bigger than a 5 gal bucket?

Coming soon:
    more surge protectors
    lights: Cfl? Fluorescent?
    5 gal buckets
    I'd like to get planter bags
    PICS PICS PICS

Dream list:
    led panel around 200 watts
    materials to transfer into hydroponic