1st Grow, Bagseed CFL LST

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by korsen, May 20, 2010.

1. Oh happy day. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Cool man! How long till you can harvest and have some?

3. I'm hoping to see some good root growth on my clones, then it's right to 12/12 and i'm guessing a month till I can try some quality cured stuff. I hate smoking poorly handled junk. If these clones go well, i'm going to begin several of them.

Note: Don't put clones into just jiffy pellets or rockwool or such things unless you have experience doing so. It would be better to put them straight into soil in case you let them dry one day for too many hours and they don't survive.

4. #84 korsen, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    I'm not really sure what to do at this point anymore. My topped plant is getting a yellow bottom leaf. One is already fully yellow and two more are starting to get that way. The clones just look like more of their cells have joined the great compost heap in the beyond. I mean they're still green but they just look horrible with no improvement in damaged material or new growth.

The rest of the plants, fine and dandy as usual.

I'm just frustrated what i'm experiencing isn't in this massive mary bible book...

All I can glean from it is more nitrogen and try some Mg.. This time i'm going to sprinkle some on top of the soil and let the water slowly wash it in.

5. I was thinking about that. Don't have the money to get testing anything so I just gave them a bottle of plain water since the only other explanation could be high nute concentrations since as observed in my transparent clone, it's likely my large plants have more nutrients than h2o so we'll see if the plain water evens out things a bit. If things improve in the morning, they'll get another bottle of plain water and i'll begin alternating plain with nute until I reach another problem there lol

6. how about clipping the tips of the clone fans? the dead parts.

7. If you've got any experience with that, i'll try it. Otherwise, I think i'll just leave them be for now.

8. #89 korsen, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    The plants grew this morning at a slow pace. Also looks like the clones are trying to grow out their main stem. That is all.

Cheers.

EDIT: So I chopped the dead parts off my clones, sprinkled some epsom salts around the soil on my plants so it slowly enters the soil when I spray. Figure it aught to help with some pests, as some don't like the acidity of salt. Cut up my latticework that came with my filters but I can't find the god damn tape so scrog will have to wait. I have two screens I cut to size, i'm going to tape one side to my box wall and place something in the center on my topped plant bucket to hold both screens up - that way when I need to work on my plants before they begin pushing through I just open them up like some barn doors. Ez-pz. Also, gave my plants all another bottle of plain water. I think i'm going to continue with plain water until I see the burn tips begin to disappear, as I feel like that's what they want. Also tied down my rebellious plant stem (the thing is so freaking rigid) I might just call it rebel :p

9. Here's a christmas style random update. Installed my screen (found something useable) and took a new clone from captain hook. It had one branch that went from the stem all the way across the bucket so I took that one. I want that plant to stay even for the scrog.

So since I took a large clone this time with 4 nodes I think, I clipped the bottom two fan leaves it had, left it in some water while I made it's new bucket, and gave it some plain water first to close the soil in on it, and then some nute water to give it something closeby.

In the picture you can see I taped them like some barn doors like i said, and added 4 supports. It bends and does stupid things but it's not touching the lights and it's just the right height. This way when i'm finished taking care of the plants I can make the screen and supports permanent with a little string.

So, enjoy the pic :) Merry christmas!

Attached Files:

10. cool as hell. Where did you get your screen? I'm also installing a screen soon and don't know where to buy one or how to make one. lol.

11. Welt, my first hook clone is pushing it's tip out now so growth here is progressing. No change in hook clone #2.

Like i said nerdy, at the garbage depot when you buy carbon filters they have a turqoise color one with a picture of animals and a cig on it. That came with a lattice, and since I got two, I just put them together with some tape and supports. I had to cut it to size of course, but it works.

What you can do though is get some wire to size premade, or just regular wire/string attached to a 2x2 support box.

It really is just some common sense, some problem solving skills, and some handywork. Even if it comes out looking like shit, if it does the job, you did it right lol. Just try your best, and if you fail, just try again :) My screen at the moment is the sorriest piece of shit i've ever made lol but once i'm sure I want it permanent it'll be some solid work. So just do what works for you. Grab stuff laying around the house you're not going to use anymore. If you have some old phone wire or cable line or something you could use that in place of wire/string. If you can't buy anything then look around for some straight fair sized branches laying on the floor and string those together for a square and use your lines on them. Just be creative and make sure it doesn't fall apart and you'll be set :)

Cheers.

12. yeah man. Thanks :)

I started LSTing today. Using wire hangers cut down. It looks great. I'm pumped. I have to go back to college so I'm making a stealth grow in a 45 gal Rubbermaid container. Do you have problems with smell yet? And do those carbon filters help a lot? how much do they run?

13. #94 korsen, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2010
    They don't cost much, smell still isn't an issue yet, occasionally though I think from the fish emulsion and the heat I can smell it if I shove my face in there. Putting leaves up to my nose i don't smell anything though, so 2-3 months in veg and nothing so far. I'm assuming it'll really kick off once I start flowering.

Once I begin flowering i'll show you how I did my filter. For now i'll just describe it. I bought a 5-6FT expandable duct (not the solid ones, the accordion looking ones) and I cut it in half, used my two filters to form a cylinder (which was a bitch to do by myself) and put it all together. I'm going to install one end to my outflow window fan, and tape off the other so the air that goes out is forced to visit my filter.

It looks like this:

================= (duct)
    ========////////========= (chopped it in half)
    ========______========= (taped one end of the filter to cover half the space)

========-------========= (taped the other filter to cover the other half, and taped the two filters together.

So after that, one end to the window fan, close up the other end, and viola - custom filter for about 20-30$

I would suggest if you're going to stealth in college, build a platform by your window you can put that rubbermaid on, get a single filter that you're going to install on the inside of the box, and if you or someone you know can help you do this, or if you're going to have to research how, cut some 6-8cm holes and install some computer fans. This way you'll exhaust through the filter and right out the window with nobody being any wiser :p If you really want and can pull it off, they have 25cm fans - they're huge, but the bigger the computer fan you install, the more air it moves and the quieter it gets. You could also feign this by putting your box next to your computer tower so you can use the computer power supply to run your rubbermaid fans. If you're on your computer all day, then nobody goes near that box without you knowing about it. Could always put a bunch of those mini locks around the corners too if you're concerned. Wouldn't be too much more.

Cheers.

EDIT: I have 25cm fans on the side of my computer case, and it's whisper quiet. Great for stealth if you do it right. Also, TELL NOBODY ABOUT YOUR BOX. NOBODY. The only people you should be telling are the people who will take that knowledge with them to their grave.

14. #95 nerd., Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    Yeah dude. Will do, thanks. Do I need to have the ventilation going out the window? I'm planning on 3 computer fans with three home built carbon filter cups. They'll be along the top near the lights. The bottoms of the container will have 3 to 6 holes with sponges/brillo pad things over them. I'm hoping it'll kill the smell. I want another fan inside for movement. They sell a four pack of 120mm for 15 bucks on newegg.com. I've built 12 computers from them.

I have 2 plants but one is dying off. So I'm going one with a scrog 8 inch above soil. 2.5 inch squares. Made from string a PVC piping square. The plant will live in a PVC "cage" in the box so I can take it out and work with it. Maybe split the container into 2/3 and have the other third be a veg chamber for 2 clones sorta like you tried. I found a good thread for that stuff here.

15. Cool, run with it if it works for you and helps your plants grow the way you hope. I would suggest though having your fans on the inside for intake and on the outside for exhaust instead of on the top. What you could do also if you have space is put fans on the top of your box, put a shelf underneath that which fills 2/3 of the horizontal space so that the air can be sucked in from the window, passed over the shelf and across your plants on the way out to the window so nothing suspicious can be seen.

If your other plant is doing really well, I would push for clones as soon as possible to make sure you don't waste all that time on one plant to find out it's a male. If you have to make a cardboard box with a spot lamp and a timer then do what you gotta do :)

cheers.

16. sounds good. Yeah. I didn't exactly mean on top. I meant running along the top facing out, like 3. This one ventilation guide says have fans sucking out, and no intake fans. They're a waste. It has to do with air pressure. Just have a few intake spots.

17. Why man? Something happen with some mates?

18. well at my school, if you get caught with any weed at all, even half a bowl, you get suspended for a semester. If I get caught growing, I'd get kicked out AND they'd call the cops.

19. Most grows are ruined by people you thought you could trust. Old friends who want to get back at you etc.

Back to my plants!

My first hook clone looks amazing the way the leaves are. It's really pushing on that main stem. The second clone I have is doing slightly well but is turning yellow a bit. Gave them all some plain water, gave my clones a touch of nute water just to make sure they have something left in there to feed on as well as the plain water.

The burn marks seem to be receeding a tad, my topped plant's two leaves that are half yellow are starting to brown up which they didn't do before. I suppose you'll have new pics tomorrow, i'm gonna need some help on this one. The rest of my plants are all doing well.

Cheers.