1st Grow Bagseed At 1 Month - Opinions/Criticisms?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GBsCheeser, Oct 17, 2009.

1. #1 GBsCheeser, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2009
    Hey guys,

Here is a link to the problem I'm currently having over in sick plants. Other than that, what do you guys think of my (hopefully) ladies as a group? I've got one runt that had become rootbound in the cup and was then revived after a week of nurturing so she's way behind but oh well.

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/480559-yellowing-leaves-brown-tips.html

and for the pics :hello:

Running a 400w HPS Sun Sytem, Running at around 80-84 degrees, about to start 12/12 on monday. Hoping for at least 3 ladies and a qp'er total but I realize this is highly unlikely for new guy like myself but I figure the optimism can't hurt.

Got 7 26w CFL's off to the side that are currently raising a small group of seedlings for the time being.

and for the pics :hello:

Attached Files:

2. i might be wrong but for 1 month those look fucking awesome. GREAT JOB!!!

3. Btw,

I've been feeding them a lot lately to add in Epsom salt, so I know they're a little drowsy since they've been feed 2x in 2x days to try and fix some of the issues.

The 2nd plant is actually got a lot of tops and was one of the smallest to begin, paid off nursing her I hope.

4. How often do you water them?

5. Typically I go by feel, I dig my finger all the way down to the bottom of the Smartpot on the side and wait until it's almost completely dry near the bottom.

That's about every other to every 3rd day. Like I said though, lately feeding has been more frequent to try and get magnesium up but I'm now waiting for them to dry out some before they get feed in a few days.

6. Judging by the pics above, it looks like you have solved the issue you were having. They look great IMO...

By the way, how do you like the Smart Pots?

7. Well, the issue in those pics is only on the very bottom fan leaves, never on the upper leaves or new growth. I think it's just varying PH's and over ferting too. I tested the tap water with epsom salt (1 tsp) when I got my PH monitor, 8.1!!! I was like...wtf. Then I added in 3/4 tsbp of tiger bloom and brought it down to 6.5 so I think that should be good.

As for smart pots, personally I love them. I've never used anything else though. I should have filled them up with more soil though, I probably only have 2gals in there max cuz I have about a 2in lip at the top of each. You can feel the moisture all around your plants when your checking to make sure you got good drainage. As well, I put them 2 in each tray with no holes, and I never dump any drainage out as it just gets absorbed back into the pot or dries up in the tray.

One disadvantage to them is that if you aren't careful when your watering, you can create a little funnel effect and the water wiill go down in the soil and then all start pouring out the side of the pot since water can pass through it, you just have to make sure your not pouring the water in wildly or at an angle and everything about them is nice. Not sure how the root structure will be at the end, but I imagine it's going to be really easy to get them out of those pots.

8. You can really see the damage done in picture 3.

bump :p

9. i think they look great dude..

just keep watering them and they'll perk up fine.

you'll like the smart pots a lot.. i really noticed a big difference in the root structure and overall yields. I used them for the 1st time my last run.. and i'm hooked.

10. Looks great! No stretching at all. It's nice and compact just like you want it. If you haven't topped it, you might want to do that. It looks about ready to go to 12/12 too.

11. if you got the space grow em out i'd lst over topp'n anyday , bend tie tuck and tether , super crop what have you but dont be so quick to flower let em grow for another month or two i'd say if you got the space and patients just wait and your reward will be that much greater.

i myself usually wait three months at the least but its up to you they look great

13bd10c29b83a4f8.jpg

12. Thanks guys!

I'm going to 12/12 in the next few days once I sort a few things out. I'm giong to tie down all the tops of #2 because she's so lanky and easy to do it with. The others I'm just constantly bending and tucking branches back to let the tops grow through because I don't know how to clone yet so I'll be studying and adding that into my next cycle.

This crop is kind of important to me, trying to finish her up sooner rather than later. Shooting for a Xmas Time harvest date.