1st grow attempt, Grow tent, 400w mh/hps, 3 Mazar x Afgan 4/2/09

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MJ1, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Hi!! all GC members. How you all doing? I would like share this experience with y'll. I started with 3 seeds "Mazar x Afgan" at 4 - 2 - 09 with the cup and warm water method, showed their tap roots within 24 hrs. I then put them in 1/3 warm casting, 1/3 perlite & 1/3 vermiculite soilless soil, about 1/2 inch deep.

4-12-09 I transfer them into bigger pots with ffof soil.
    4-15-09 I finally found my carmera charger. now i can post some pictures. :) So they are 13 days old.

Set Up:
    Tent: Dark room 100L
    Soil: Fox Farm Ocean forest
    Nuts: Fox Farm big bloom, grow big & tiger bloom
    Light: 400w mh/hps
    Exaust: 4inch can fan with controller
    Intake: Passive
    6 inch fan

4-15-09
    PIX
    MXA #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MXA #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MxA #3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!! Hope you guys like it!!
    O ya, Do you guys think I should start with Big Bloom on the next watering? Direction says 4tbls per gallon and every watering. I think that is way too much.....
    okie dokie let me know if you any questions or comments on my first grow. Im all ears for suggestions. Thank you!!!
    I will update atleast once a week with pictures.
    SEE ya ^^

2. I've heard good things about that soil. Good job so far. BTW, 400w is a lot for just three plants. How long you plan on vegging/flowering?

3. Ya, 400w is kinda too much but I think they love it. I will prob veg them for 4-5 weeks.

4. No such thing as too much light man, the more light the bigger and juicer your buds will be.

Good luck on your grow will be following it

5. O I see, Thank you wunschshrek.

6. O ya, Do you guys think I should start with fox farm Big Bloom on the next watering? Direction says 4tbls per gallon and every watering. I think that is way too much..... Maybe 2tbls.

7. O ya, Do you guys think I should start with fox farm Big Bloom on the next watering? Direction says 4tbls per gallon and every watering. I think that is way too much..... Maybe 2tbls. What do you guys think?

8. Just wanted to add some info.
    Tent size: 3.5x3.5x6.5
    I use RO water.
    Temp: I tried to keep the temp under 78F & above 72F. Is gonna get pretty hot here in south cal, I will prob get another 6 inch fan in the tent.
    RH : so far the highest is 45% usually is around 25-30%. Early this morning was really bad, below 15%.
    Right now is only 21%.........
    Some of the leaves are a little twisted, I guess is due to the low humidity.
    Alright i'm gonna go blaze :smoke: right now talk to y'll later!! Peace:wave:

9. big bloom would be ok at 2 tbls..
    Nice ladies man, they look very healthy..:D

10. Hey, thx for reply. I will give them 2tbls of big bloom on my next watering.

11. #11 MJ1, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
    Today the weather is so nice, so i decide to bring them out for a sun bath.

Day 14 from seeds

MXA #1
    [​IMG]

MXA #2
    [​IMG]

MXA #3
    [​IMG]

My dog guarding the babies LOL:p
    [​IMG]

12. You shouldn't take em inside nnout like that the drastic temp humidity change will shock em not to mention the bugs outside but they look good so far just leave em in the tent and oh ya sick dog cuz..

13. I am growing this plant right now. And I love how low, and short she will be. I am thinking to lst her and maybe scrog a few. I can't wait to start cloning and flowering. I will check back on your post.

Keep it up

APZ